It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The majority of Muslims are scared of being tarred with the same brush:

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Thurisaz

Simple question for you

If this is the case then why have we NOT heard from any one of the Muslim community condemning ISIL and what they are doing?

NOT ONE WORD

I will say silence speaks volumes

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Aren't there Muslims in other countries that aren't radical? Why should this be a valid excuse? "We can't find them!!". Someone is supporting them, and giving them help. I'm fairly certain that even in so-called "radical" countries there are moderate and liberal Muslims.

If Muslims don't want to be stereotyped, then they need to take a more active role in how they are perceived -- no matter which country it is in. Excuses such as yours only seem to exacerbate the situation, and give a perception that even moderate Muslims are tolerant of extremist behavior.

Either the Muslim majority is or isn't in support of terrorist acts and radical, fundamentalist Islamic principles. It is time the Muslim people of the world take the reigns of their own religion, and not allow it to be controlled by a minority of radicals.

It's go time people.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom
Or and in the event they fail to clean their own mess. Its time for the West to take control and proxy governments in all of the M E..

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
Or and in the event they fail to clean their own mess. Its time for the West to take control and proxy governments in all of the M E..

I say the hell with the Middle East and those neanderthals. They've been fighting forever. Let them kill each other off and mind our own business. If they F with us, then we hit them hard and fast until they stop.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Let alone all the American bases on their soil that have been pounding various countries in the Middle Eastern region as a whole. Reap the whirlwind, Turkey.

Turkey only allows logistical flights out of the bases there. Last I heard, they were still denying US/NATO airstrikes against ISIS out of the bases on their soil.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: OptimusCrime
They have hostages and are actively cutting their heads off. Allowing Isis to conquer and take first world grade weapons is not an option.ultimately these people in this region are unable to manage them self and I think a good dose of proxy government and reeducation is in order.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Well this is because Turkey is buying the oil that ISIL stole

How is it that much oil reaches Turkey

ISIL is not carrying that much oil on backpacks into Turkey

Surely it is not that hard for one of our (alphabet soup agencies) to track how they are doing it

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

a reply to: TechniXcality

I'm fairly certain that these radicals are being aided by Western interests to create a new boogyman. We have to keep the wars going, the military industrial complex has to keep making money at the expense of US lives!

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

There truly are Muslims who are distressed by what the Islamic State is doing in the name of Allah and Muhammad.

These are Muslims primarily raised in western cultures who have been taught from the early parts of the Koran which are peaceful and loving, rather than the later writings in the Koran. The video I linked to above discusses he religion of Islam from the full breath of the Koran.

Many Muslims probably are not aware of the things in the Koran that are in this video, especially US born and raised Muslims.

But this is a man raised by an Imam father, in the middle east who studied religion and is getting his PhD in religion.

I think many Muslims would be shocked to learn about this because they have not been exposed to what he talks about in the US. There are good Muslims in the US who do not know this history and what the Koran says in this matter.

(I could not get the video to run on ATS, so I just provided the link above, if any of you can successfully insert it in another reply, that would be nice.)

edit on 10Mon, 22 Sep 2014 10:16:43 -0500am92209amk221 by grandmakdw because: could not get vid to run

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
OT?
Is it a conspiracy that the extremist are being all rfid before released in order to track reoccurring terrorist activity? To the point the AI like drones can see rfid groups congregating with precision... Also is it a conspiracy the weapons given to the trained are being fingerprint logged so if found out in field the deceptive intents are potentially logged, smart triggers data base is advanced and costly yes but at least you wouldn't have to worry about weapons given to help being fired back upon you later...

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
OT?
Is it a conspiracy that the extremist are being all rfid before released in order to track reoccurring terrorist activity? To the point the AI like drones can see rfid groups congregating with precision... Also is it a conspiracy the weapons given to the trained are being fingerprint logged so if found out in field the deceptive intents are potentially logged, smart triggers data base is advanced and costly yes but at least you wouldn't have to worry about weapons given to help being fired back upon you later...

We can only hope.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I believe Western interests are matters of our nations security and should be trusted that at the very least our people and their protection are priority. Not to mention the fact that Isis is loping off heads.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

OT?

Must be some REALLY low flying drones to be able to target RFID.....please list your source on this.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

MATRIX embed future based VasaCroe. Conspiracy... rfid ingested from food/drink intake when captured before released. DRONE tracks like skynet (terminator)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: OptimusCrime

Yes... Understands

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

There are stereotypes everywhere unfortunately, generally regarding race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, intelligence, social standing, finances etc. Whether we admit it or not, I think we are all guilty of not seeing the bigger picture form time to time.

These people who are protesting are not whole countries, they are also minorities. Are you not tarring non-muslims with the same brush right now?

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thurisaz
I have seen some terrible footage of Muslim men, women and children being persecuted by other Muslims.
These 'other Muslims' are a fraction of their population, they are extremists.
We have extremists in every culture. I just hope that People will calm down and not allow 'fear' to gazump their intellect.

The problem is about numbers even though you are correct that all groups have their extremist. If we suggest that only 1% of all Muslims are the extreme of the extreme then we are still talking about 15 million people who are willing to kill at any length in any part of the world. If we suggest that 10% support extremist ideals then that is 150 million more around the world that might not be as bad as ISIS but are still ready to push every extremist agendas up to the point of war. If we suggest that 40% more want to live and create bubbles of Sharia Law environments in other countries where that type of extremist system is totally alien and wrong in those countries we are talking 600 million or so....

The problem is what we consider the "moderate Muslin", one that can work and live with all types of faith and keep their faith more personal, outside of law and state is not the majority I fear, so though we do not want to use a wide brush in painting all Muslins in a certain way the wide brush tends to still hit more that are on the extremist side then the moderate side.

France is a great example of what happens when a country opens it doors and strives to protect a culture by declaring "sensitive culture areas". They now have large bubbles of Sharia Law where even the cops will not go and the local French have been driven out and can get attacked if they happen to enter those areas, and these are not even what we call extremist...

As I said I agree with you and if we had millions (10 of millions) Branch Dravidians type extremist all over the place instead of 100s or less we would have the same problem, but we don't, so I think you need to understand the real issue here and understand that your view of a moderate Muslin is not the norm and so sadly the wide brush of extremist may seem to hit people like you too, but it still seems to be more accurate than inaccurate most of the time, so I think you should be more concern that even with a wide brush it is still very accurate...

edit on 22-9-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

MATRIX embed future based VasaCroe. Conspiracy... rfid ingested from food/drink intake when captured before released. DRONE tracks like skynet (terminator)

So no links to anything that actually shows that RFID has advanced far enough to register from a non-powered transmitter inside a human body to a drone flying WELL outside the range of any known RFID active reader to a passive locator?

So they swallow them and somehow they don't come out?

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

attached sml ints stay heart blood flow powered MATRIX future embeds... Prototyped as of now if not already complete for the self species hatred FAIL, which will require many to need it in order to be CLEARED of illness or attack intents... Your post questions are writing the AI data in current time, Vasa Croe

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I agree entirely.

Shall we ask the hostage who is up next if their family, and of course they themselves are scared? We cannot do this as they are being held against their will in a foreign country for a reason I imagine they don't fully understand themselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join