It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Naomi Klein on Motherhood, Geoengineering, Climate Debt & the Fossil Fuel Divestment Movement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I'm positng this link for everyone that may be interested in the content of Naomi 'Shock Doctrine' Klein's new book "This Changes Everything". It is an extended interview with Ms Klein on Democracy Now that nicely summarizes the extensive research (five years) that went into the work. The interview is about 30 mins long but well worth watching if only to decided whether or not to read the book.

Here understanding of the systemics of the climate crisis we are facing is profound and most of the 'mulitple small scale solutions' she presents are not radical at all. She talks about geoengineering as being the radical but preferred solution to big business as being 'insane'.

She makes the concept of 'Climate Debt' (which she is at pains to remind us is NOT an economic debt) easily understandable and casigates Western Industrial Power for their willful misunderstanding and how that exacerbates the problem globally.

It's a very informative interiew whether you agree with her or not.

I can't embed the video as it's not a You Tube one but here is the direct link to the source, Democracy Now:

www.democracynow.org...

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I think she's a media puppet like everyone else.

The Shock Doctrine shocked people, at least those who picked up the book. But it did not shock those who already knew how the system works. She's another person paid to spread "awareness", a controlled awakening.

I don't trust anyone who writes about the dark side and lives to tell about it.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I've never heard of Naomi Klein and any woman that addresses themselves as "Ms" is not deserving of recognition.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: N3k9Ni
I've never heard of Naomi Klein and any woman that addresses themselves as "Ms" is not deserving of recognition.

I think that may be the rudest things I've ever heard on ATS. And who cares if YOU don't know who she is. I do and gave her the respect of a title.

Reading comprehension would be a good place to start.

new topics

top topics

join