It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three lights question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
So, a few weeks ago I was sky watching on a moonless night. (the best time by far in my opinoin). I live in the Northern Hempshire, Illinois to be exact

Anyway, after I located the Andromeda Galaxy, about I'd guesstimate 50 miles east of it, I saw three white lights. There were one on top of another completely EQUALLY spaced. (from that distant it looked like three inches a part, but not sure how much ACTUALLY they were spaced) However they were not blinking. It was freezing, so I went in to get a jacket.

Came back outside, and they were a pinkish redish color, top one was sort of blinking erratically. And no they weren't those tall warning lights for planes, I study this area of the sky very frequently. Although yes they were far from me, there was no odd noise or anything that I could tell.

All I had was my digital camera, took some pictures, but I'll need to figure out how to work it so I can zoom in, because as it is now you can barely see anything at all.

After about forty five minutes of watching them change from white to that pinkish red color and back again, I went in to grab the lens for my telescope, and when I came back out a minute or two later they were gone. It was a completely clear night. No clouds no moon. I would say i am 95% sure it was no kind of plane i have ever seen. And the glow from the lights wasn't as sharp as say lights on a plane, it was more subdued, and glowly like. And larger. A week or two prior to my sighting, a town about 45 minutes away from me, had something similar, three lights, arranged in an odd out of shape triangle, maybe like an isocylces triangle? (never good at geometry..
)

i went to the NUFORC site to record my sighting, that's when I saw they were doing a study on these lights in the town 45 minutes away from me, Tinley park is the name, if you go to the website. What do you all think?

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I just now saw your post on the 3 lights.
I beleive you saw the same type of ufo that we saw at our house in Oregon. I posted this story on another post www.abovetopsecret.com...

but am re-printing it here because it applies to this post better.

Near our home, we saw the re-occuring presence of 3 lights hovering in the sky. I say re-occuring, but what I really mean is that they were ALWAYS there hovering for like 3 weeks.
If you went inside to eat dinner, and came out later, they were still there. You could always see them at night, and if you looked for them you could barely see them during a clear day.
My wife and her sister noticed them first, and pointed them out to me. They did not move, or make sounds, they were about as high as a helicopter might be. However these were not helicopters. They did not go anywhere, and were always seen together, sometimes in a straight line, sometimes above or below each other, but always together, hovering.
After about a week of seeing them, and I'm still skeptical. And we would point them out to people, and they would say " yeah thats weird huh?" and nothing more was ever said. Everyone around us just kept going about their business as usual, like we always do, and soon I just forgot about em too. Something never seemed right about them, but I never thought really hard about it.
If I was to photograph them though, everyone would dismiss them as just lights from aircraft, or helicopters, which I assure you they couldn't be. What kind of craft hovers there for 3 weeks? 3 of em just hovering there in different formations. And I swear they were there watching my wife and us. Because not long after.. they moved to a different area, behind our house where we could see them from the living room window, or the backyard. They had taken up a formation of 3 in a horizontal line.
This is really terrifying when I think back, but at the time it was no big deal at all. I can't explain it, but their continued presence did not concern us at all. And it was like a little joke around the house, about our friends in the sky watching us. As I type this, I now wonder if this feeling of peace and unconcern was possibly emanationg from the visitors? I just can't believe I wasn't going ape at this point.

Around this time, I had what I can only now describe as an out-of body experience, where I was conscious and half awake in the early morning, and felt myself leaving my body. When it started.. I heard this low humming, so low and so loud it started to vibrate my whole body. I felt the vibrations so intensely and it felt as if my whole body started to become light. I was so terrified and it was so real, that I had to end it by forcing myself to sit up. I was terrified I was being either abducted, or that I was dying and would leave my family behind, and never return. I had to really try to end it and pyshically sit up in bed as the light and vibrations slowly ended like coming out of a fog, and I remember calling my wife's name. She woke up, completely unaffected, and I was freaking out telling her what I just felt, and talked about it all day. It was one of the most incredible experiences in my life. I looked outside that night, and the 3 lights are still there. Time goes on, and I try and prepare myself to meet an alien face to face. But everytime I try to imagine it when im alone, I still get terrified. I think some reactions in humans are still more primitive than we can control.

I don't even know when they left exactly, I just looked out at the sky one night and they were gone. Completely black sky, no lights in the areas they used to hover. They might have been gone for days at that point, I didn't know, and it didn't bother me at the time.

After that... the longer time went on, the more it started to bother me, and make me wonder. But the subject scares my wife, and I have been just taking "the blue pill" and trying to live my life.

I also wonder if they visited my son. He would probably have no fear whatsoever. He is 7 and autistic and has very limited verbal, so he would not be able to tell me. But he is absolutely fearless, and wouldn't surprise me at all if they could talk with him.

I have had thoughts of visiting nearby Mt Adams, and Trout Lake. To maybe face them or see the truth.
But I am not sure... If something happens, and what if we or my son is abducted when we go up there? we would never be the same.. Something tells me they mean us no harm, but do we trust them?
These are the fears I have, and they are very real fears.

If they return to my house, I am going to photo them, but it won't convince anyone unless you were actually there.

[edit on 7-12-2004 by kdx175]

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdx175
I just now saw your post on the 3 lights.
I beleive you saw the same type of ufo that we saw at our house in Oregon. I posted this story on another post www.abovetopsecret.com...

but am re-printing it here because it applies to this post better.

Near our home, we saw the re-occuring presence of 3 lights hovering in the sky. I say re-occuring, but what I really mean is that they were ALWAYS there hovering for like 3 weeks.

Awesome. Thanks for the response. When did this happen. there were quite a few reports in my state of these mysterious 3 lights. while I did not have an out of body experience what so ever, I was drawn to them. I couldn't stop staring at them.

It's been so cloudy and rainy here since then I haven't seen them again. But with how cold it's been I haven't been skywatching for the past two weeks either. I find your story very interesting.

Take a pic next time you see it, and post it if it comes out. Mine pics seem to always be a bit too far away to show up, on the digital camera...and if I could only find the cords to dock it and enlarge it on the computer I would,
Hopefully soon I'll find them.. grrr. Thanks again!

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Hi diane,
the lights appeared approximately 10-11 months ago, although that could be off a little.
I started looking for similiar sightings, and found the Phoenix lights sighting to be very very similiar. So similar that when I saw the news footage, I sort of had a flashback to when I first saw them , and it was exactly the same type of formation, hovering.

I went ahead and asked my wife and sister-in-law about the lights we had seen, and my sister-in-law said she remembered seeing them move in erratic ways sometimes, and then shoot off into the sky.
I personally didn't see them move much. When I saw them they were stationary in a line of 3 like this

. . .

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdx175
Hi diane,
the lights appeared approximately 10-11 months ago, although that could be off a little.
I went ahead and asked my wife and sister-in-law about the lights we had seen, and my sister-in-law said she remembered seeing them move in erratic ways sometimes, and then shoot off into the sky.
I personally didn't see them move much. When I saw them they were stationary in a line of 3 like this

. . .

Thanks so much. Yes I never really saw them move much either.
Mine were like this:

Completely equally spaced, that was the freaky thing, i mean it looked ilke to the centimeter.... I will try to have time to connect my digital camera to my telescope to take a better picture, next time, if they come back.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Do you by any chance live in the Tinley/Orland Park area? I seen the red lights on August 21/23 (forgot which) and again on Holloween. During both times, three appeared, dissapeared, and a fourth appeared some 15 minutes later. My uncle got it on tape and the lights were different colors on the tape (not just red). The first time it happened at 11:15 Pm, and about 7 PM the second time. As for the triangle, the three formed an equilateral triangle and stood still for a while, then formed a straight line.

[edit on 707/11/0505 by Acekwak]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by diana

Well although I have never seen these lights appear in the sky, nore does my story have anything to do with lights at all... my old navy sweater has three mysterious holes in it... They too form a triangle, although mine form more of an equilateral, but I have no idea how they got there??? I don't know if this helps, or if it is even slightly related but I wanted to take part in one of your threads and I have not been on this site long enough to add to your story

Thanks for inviting me to this site babe
xoxoxox You too rock!
Although I have to admit now I am slightly addicted!

Come on, try and tell me this reply didn't make you laugh, even if only just a little on the inside... where it counts

new topics

top topics

join