It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi police organized abductions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Monday 06 December 2004, 22:10 Makka Time, 19:10 GMT

A recent kidnap victim in Iraq
said police were behind his abduction, fuelling suspicions that the country's security forces have had a hand in the recent wave of kidnappings.

Bashar Jaburi said he was abucted, beaten and then held for ransom by men he is sure were Iraqi police.

It began one night last month when five men in police uniform fired warning shots over Jaburi's car and arrested him, saying his vehicle resembled that used by fighters opposed to the US-backed interim government to fire a rocket- propelled grenade at one of their barracks, Jaburi said.

He said he was sure from the way they were equipped and behaved that they were members of the police force.

There was no independent corroboration of Jaburi's story that police officers kidnapped him and then secured a ransom for his release.

"I have not heard of this case," interior mMinistry spokesman Sabah Kathim said. "We hear lots of rumours about these matters. If anyone has a complaint, they can go to a judge."

english.aljazeera.net...

This fresh evidence supports my theory that Margaret Hassan was not abducted by the Zarqawi group, but by CIA or Mossad agents : The CIA and Mossad have a history in setting up false AlQaeda cells, murders or kidnappings, in order to frame someone else in. The Zarqawi group is known for judging the abductees prior to their sentence : people convicted of espionnage or cooperation with the enemy are beheaded, and the innocent are freed. This characteristic behaviour contradicts the alleged murder of Margaret Hassan, and is more in line with Mossad or CIA behaviour.

[edit on 7-12-2004 by Mokuhadzushi]

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Yeah...I dont think so Mokuhadzushi.

I do believe that there are a lot of corrupt police in Iraq, and that part MAY have some truth to it, but in no way was it an effort by the US or Iraqi governments. Thats just propaganda to build more dissent.

[edit on 7-12-2004 by skippytjc]

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Yeah...I dont think so Mokuhadzushi.

I do believe that there are a lot of corrupt police in Iraq, and that part MAY have some truth to it, but in no way was it an effort by the US or Iraqi governments. Thats just propaganda to build more dissent.

Ok, so tell we who ordered the liquidation by death squads of two anti-occupation clerics in Mosul and one Baghdad student leader, if not somehow pro-US forces ?

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Is it so hard for you to believe that IRAQIS dissagree with other anti occupation Iraqis and have taken some action against them? Why is it always a forgone conclusion with you that 100% of all things wrong in Iraq is a US action or conspiracy? You do understand there are still Iraqi's who want democracy and hope that the new governemnt prevails.

Its not like there arent any RADICALS in Iraq willing to do these things...There are PRO US/Alawi groups in Iraq. You just dont choose to report on them because of your personal anti US agenda.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Do you really believe that such violent 'Iraqi pro-US death squads', if they exist, are not being armed, financed, or directed by the CIA or Mossad ?

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I wouldn't have put it past them to do some thing like this. It's been proven that some of those still loyal to Saddam are and were in the reformed army and police just goes to show they have a lot of work ahead of them to do before any kind of peace is achieved.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Anything is possible. And there are a bunch of corrupt Iraqi police. How many pictures of "Insurgents" I have seen wearing police uniforms. I.e. Iraqi police who deffected back to the Insurgent side. And that chief Iraqi military offocer who "dissapeared" the night before the attack on Felujah with the attack plan. So, is it possible? Of course. Is it the way you report? Probably not.

Have you considered that this is all propaganda? You automatically assume its all true. It could be a total lie or only half truths. There could be organized groups operating liek this but not doing the things your are acusing them of. You dont know. This is EXACTLY the type of thing that would be spread to weaken support for the new government, which is clearly that plan so far. You play right into Bahgdad Bob...

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mokuhadzushi

This fresh evidence supports my theory that Margaret Hassan was not abducted by the Zarqawi group, but by CIA or Mossad agents : The CIA and Mossad have a history in setting up false AlQaeda cells, murders or kidnappings, in order to frame someone else in. The Zarqawi group is known for judging the abductees prior to their sentence : people convicted of espionnage or cooperation with the enemy are beheaded, and the innocent are freed. This characteristic behaviour contradicts the alleged murder of Margaret Hassan, and is more in line with Mossad or CIA behaviour.

Gawd, I just had to laugh when I read this.
Where is the proof that the CIA and Moassad have a history of setting up false Al-Qaeda cells ?
LOL Zaqawi is such a humanitarian, ROFL. Do you even bother to read what Zaqawi has been doing in Iraq. You my friend are a fool, for writing this crap.

And by the way none of what you wrote is factual or can be supported by FACTS.

ATS is going to sh!t, if this is the standard of thread now being posted.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1

Originally posted by Mokuhadzushi

Gawd, I just had to laugh when I read this.
Where is the proof that the CIA and Moassad have a history of setting up false Al-Qaeda cells ?
LOL Zaqawi is such a humanitarian, ROFL. Do you even bother to read what Zaqawi has been doing in Iraq. You my friend are a fool, for writing this crap.

And by the way none of what you wrote is factual or can be supported by FACTS.

ATS is going to sh!t, if this is the standard of thread now being posted.

www.rense.com...
www.whatreallyhappened.com...
www.vancouver.indymedia.org...

These are not meant as 100% proof, but just as examples of what Mossad or CIA are capable of...

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Those are some real class "A" reputable sites you quoted there. Keep it up and your credibility will sky rocket...

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Those are some real class "A" reputable sites you quoted there. Keep it up and your credibility will sky rocket...

Did you actually read through them ? There are a couple of links to established news sources.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Without actually being there, or being someone who is "in the know", nothing can truly be believed in the media (including internet web sites). I look at as much news as I can, from both sides. Cnn to fox (about as extreme of a difference as you can have with news), and each side reports on the adjenda of their side, whether it be left or right.

What am I getting at here? Posting links to news articles does nothing to persuade anyone about anything. If it DOES persuade anyone, then they are just plain ignorant.

So basically, spare us the news articles, and don't claim to know what's going on in Iraq unless you've been there and seen it first hand.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   

by rogue1

Once you have finished laughing could you please provide some factual evidence(not media speculation) that Zaqawi is even in Iraq.

If you remember U.S forces totally surrounded Fallugia to capture him, but he still managed to "slip away". This reeks of a dis-info psy-op.

by rogue1

If there was factual evidence your government officials would be in shackles awaiting trial for more crimes than I can think of.

There is plenty of speculation about it though.

Start with the Nick Berg case and then move on to the kidnapping of Margaret Hassan. These are just two examples.

That should give you plenty of food for thought.

new topics

top topics

join