It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sailor Refuses To Deploy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Petty Officer Third Class Pablo Paredes, 23, arrived on time at the 32nd Street Pier, but instead of wearing a uniform, he had donned a shirt that said Like Cabinet Member, I Resign, which is what he did on Monday.

"I'd rather do a year in a prison in the military than do six months of dirty work for a war I don't believe in -- and not many people believe in -- and get Marines in harm's way," Paredes told NBC 7/39. "It's sad to me that some people don't understand what I'm doing, don�t understand that this fight takes a lot more courage and that I'm fighting for the very people that they're putting in harm's way."

www.nbcsandiego.com...

I find it funny that this guy has been serving in the Navy for over four years and decides that now he ojects to his role in the military and this conflict.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Geez... At first I thought this thread was about me.
How could I be so vain?

Well... If he wants to be remembered as a traitor the rest of his life... good for him. Wonder who or what suddenly convinced him this was a bad war? I'm leaning towards the liberal media finally getting through to some of these fine Americans.... It's a shame.

new topics

join