It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-Basketball Player Rex Chapman arrested for alleged shoplifting at Apple Store

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Police said Chapman allegedly picked up items in the store and made it appear that he was paying for them with an iPhone app through the store's self-checkout system.

He would then leave the store without actually paying for the items. He allegedly took merchandise to a local pawn shop and sold it for cash.

Ex-Basketball Player Rex Chapman arrested for alleged shoplifting at Apple Store

Chapman Arrest

Normally I could give a rat's ass about celebs, but this is a guy that is currently an NBA Executive. There is no way dude should be hurting for money after a successful career and post career. Unlike OJ who went to steal his personal things back he felt shouldn't have been sold (like his Heisman Trophy) this guy is literally scheming the Apple store and knows he is a celeb around there to boot!

The audacity and arrogance baffles me. People supporting ballplayers with millions of dollars baffles me.

Chapman is reportedly facing nine felony counts of Organized Retail Theft and Trafficking in Stolen Goods. Chapman, drafted in 1988, spent 12 years in the NBA as a player and several years after in both media and front-office roles, including a stint as vice president of player development for the Denver Nuggets.

I seriously doubt this was his first time, and I doubt not a single security guard or local cop stopped this guy.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Don't know the guy. Is he a drug addict? That's usually the reason, formally wealthy people steal. I know plenty who have gone down this route. Loads of money, then they start selling their stuff and once that runs out, they steal.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Could have made a string of bad bets too. Drugs or gambling, both monkeys riding your back but that's my call.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Damn....This thread just made me remember a heart throb of mine years back.....Winona Ryder. There's no cure! I'm gonna have to watch "Edward scissorhands" again

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Jumping out there and saying the dude was a thrill seeking klepto.

I say that just because if he is still working in the NBA he is subjected to drug testing. He could be a bigtime gambler too but he doesn't have that desperation look, you know?

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Most big retail thefts are working with someone on the inside. If all you have to do is walk into an apple store and grab junk. look at your phone and walk out then bravo.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ArchPlayer

I knew it.

Another frikkin' *bald guy*. You know nothing's safe with those types hangin' around.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

" We need to get those Crazy Baldheads out of town...." - Bob Marley.

If that is the alleged suspect I'll opine that it'll be an opiate addiction. He'll BLAME it on team doctors or an original prescribing Dr. that no longer practices, He'll say stress and pain from an old injury. He'll 'cop to it' and receive a $500 fine and have to do a 100 hour 'community service' which will be Him signing some pics at a HabitatForHumanity™ Opening and maybe a UnitedWay™ where He'll only serve 3 hours but be credited with 30. (Have You ever seen the salary of the CEO of the UnitedWay™..)

It may be an opiate addiction that had a negative interaction w/stress medication that He'd been taking because he is 'follically challenged' ?

For My "horse shoe" I have just kept it shaved for 29 years now.. Imagine how much I've saved by shaving My own head. Haircuts, shampoo.. I go electric and then straight razor..

I must've started a craze as I've seen more Men do it 'up top' and a lot of females ....uh.....er..... on Cable T.v. do it...uh.... "down there" hahahahahaha

"We need to get those crazy bump heads out of Town...."

namaste

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

I knew it.

Another frikkin' *bald guy*. You know nothing's safe with those types hangin' around.

Hey im bald and iv'e never been caught

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Nice PR.
2nd

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

What a bummer. Rex Chapman was one of my favorite players when I was younger and into basketball.

new topics

top topics

join