It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Easy" Way Out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The “Easy” Way Out

Long ago, there lived the very nicest of girls. That she was pregnant before marriage, no doubt was an embarrassment to her family and her fiancé.

What thoughts ran through her parents mind? How did we fail? How could this happen? What will the neighbors say? They loved their daughter and were so thankful for this beautiful child they thought they would never have. It pained them to know what she would undertake.

The fiancé was also grieved, for he was not the child's father. His thoughts: “I love her so much, how could she do this to me?”

With guidance and support they worked through this difficult situation. Soon they married and were the proud parents of a beautiful baby boy.

If this incident happened today there would be a very real possibility that someone involved would want to take the easy way out and get an abortion.

Is abortion really the easy way out? If you were to think about it, you must consider that all your life you would have to live with the knowledge that you denied another person of their right to existence. Such knowledge brings about guilt and self-scorn. Most women who have abortions don't go about broadcasting that accomplishment. Quite often they bear the memory of this deed alone, with help from family or friend. Therapists and ministers know the emotional damage abortion can bring about.

The fact that abortion is legal encourages the viewpoint that it is morally acceptable. When one is in a hurry to get a crisis resolved, moral considerations can easily be neglected. Yet, after the abortion there is all the time in the world to think about the child who will never be!

Let's face it – many people on planet Earth were not planned or wanted by their parents in the beginning. It doesn't mean that their parents didn't grow to love them, they did.

The couple I talked about who worked through their difficulties lived over 2000 years ago. Jesus, is the name they gave their son.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: sad_eyed_lady

A Nice little Story Sad_Eyed_Lady! S+F for You! Syx.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Thanks I am glad you liked it.

Hopefully, some pro-life newsletters will be publishing this December.

edit on 9/23/2014 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: sad_eyed_lady

You are Welcome! I'd like to read some of those.

new topics

top topics

join