It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Had an Intruder

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Tried posting in breaking news but it wouldn't work.

LInk to Article

White House staff and reporters returned to the building after being briefly evacuated on Friday night because of an intruder on the grounds, a witness said.

President Barack Obama had just left aboard the Marine One helicopter for Camp David, the presidential retreat in nearby Maryland, when armed, uniformed Secret Service personnel ordered the press corps and members of the White House staff to evacuate.

They were allowed back in after about half an hour, the witness said, after being evacuated around 7:30 local time.

A Secret Service officer said the alert was sparked by an intruder who jumped over the White House fence.

I can't find much else on it anywhere. Don't know if it is fully over or still ongoing or what. I originally saw some kind of notification on yahoo that was only half written. Googled it and found this article.
edit on 19-9-2014 by rockpaperhammock because: (no reason given)

Now when I check the original yahoo article that had half a title it is no longer there and replaced by some other breaking news.

Intruder Caught

Intruder caught according to this article.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
No Bed Intruder jokes?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I wonder when they'll update this one.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Here you see a short vid of him :

Link

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Just saw that...thank you for adding it!

Im trying to pause the video to get a screen shot and its not letting me pause!

Youtube Link

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com... This is another thread on the topic in a different forum. Hopefully they are keeping an eye on it as well. I really can't find anything new on it. Maybe it just wan't that dramatic haha.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Here is a good article on it...

yahoo article

The Secret Service identified the suspect as Omar J. Gonzalez, a 42-year-old man from Copperas Cove, Texas. He was charged with unlawful entry into the White House complex and transported to a nearby hospital complaining of chest pain. Attempts to reach Gonzalez or his relatives by phone were unsuccessful.

Although it's not uncommon for people to make it over the White House fence, they're typically stopped almost immediately and rarely get very far. Video from the scene showed the intruder sprinting across the lawn as Secret Service agents shouted at nearby pedestrians to clear the area.

"This situation was a little different than other incidents we have at the White House," Donovan said. "There will be a thorough investigation into the incident."

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

White House intruder was decorated Iraq war veteran Omar Gonzales, US Army says

ccording to an affidavit released by prosecutors, Gonzalez told a Secret Service agent after he was apprehended that "he was concerned that the atmosphere was collapsing and (he) needed to get the information to the president so he could get the word out to the people".

hmm well I wonder what he has seen or knows?

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Thurisaz

great find haha....who knows seems legit..poor guy was just trying to get info out

top topics

join