It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If God is Love and he who abides in Love abides in God (1 John 4:16), then why does the bible...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
If God is Love and he who abides in Love abides in God (1 John 4:16); and If God is Love and he who knows Love knows God and is born of God and knows God (1 John 4:7-8), then...

Why believe in books in the bible that teach of another god such as numbers, leviticus, or the book of revelation?

Why mention other books beside the bible as evil?

If God is Love and the bible which is usually about 2,000 to 3,000 pages only mentions love (including words like loveth, and loved) 442 times, If a book like A Course in Miracles whose text is only 235 pages but mentions love over 600 times (more than the entire bible) why is it considered "evil" and from another "Jesus" if it is sticking to what Jesus Christ and John taught that God is Love and sticking to the inspiration of Love?

I must say, I did not read A Course in Miracles yet, but I am very interested in how a book that stresses the importance of seeing beyond the physical, love, and forgiveness can be inspired by "the antichrist" especially if the "antichrist" is supposedly supposed to be materialistic forcing people to take his mark to do business (buy/sell).

If you do not follow The Spirit of Love and Light talked about by John and Jesus then you are worshiping another god, not The Father who was first revealed by The Son since no one knew of The Father before The Son (Jesus Christ) revealed him (Matthew 11:27/Luke 10:22). I will talk about this on another thread, though.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

You still havent explained why Jesus' words in Matt 24:38-40, seem to agree with Matt 3:11&12 and the horrifying Day of the Lord (Yom Yehwah) prophecies of the OT.

It appears to me that Jesus is none other than Yehwah, His message is from the OT, and it contradicts your conclusion.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that Jesus is yahweh from verses Matt 24:38-40/Matt 3:11&12. That is a huge assumption.

Jesus was known for using metaphors and Jesus also said that no one knew the Father until HE chose to reveal him to them, which means that yahweh is false since people were already supposedly speaking to this god and writing things this god said down because The Son even showed up (Matthew 11:27). Those who came before Christ were thieves and robbers. Jesus is The Door (John 10:8-9).

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

You still havent explained why Jesus' words in Matt 24:38-40, seem to agree with Matt 3:11&12 and the horrifying Day of the Lord (Yom Yehwah) prophecies of the OT.

It appears to me that Jesus is none other than Yehwah, His message is from the OT, and it contradicts your conclusion.

Jesus refined their view of the day of the Lord, and left it out. When he reads the scroll in the synagogue about setting the captives free, the OT version ends with God destroying stuff on the terrible day of the Lord. Except Jesus doesn't quote that part, he stops short, puts the scroll down and says today these things are fulfilled. Its a 2000 year old version of the mic drop... boom

And it pissed the people off, they wanted to kill him for taking their favorite verse out of context and not talking about the good part where those damned gentiles get whats coming to em. This was like John 3:16, everyone knew it, and he desecrated their version of it. Not too different from now days if you don't follow church doctrines, they want to get rid of you.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Revelation "teach another god"? Whoa nelly!!

Revelation 1
The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John. Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Revelation 19 worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

1 John 4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

1 John 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment
edit on 19-9-2014 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
A course in miracles has some buddhist and quantum concepts, but what I dont like is the touch of law of one concepts in it. I prefer the free form gnosis of my own inner direction. And don't limit spirituality to bible, can find it in a fiction....can find truth, love, uplifting, mind opening, nudging words in many sources. Love delights in all expressions of Love. An inner message that I post from time to time.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
A course in miracles has some buddhist and quantum concepts, but what I dont like is the touch of law of one concepts in it. I prefer the free form gnosis of my own inner direction.

Thank you for making me aware of this. Law of One comes from R a and he is one of the gods of the ancient Egyptians and they believed in gold in slavery so I don't really trust those entities either.

At the end of the day, I know that Love/Compassion is The Truth because that is the only thing that keeps us United and actually Care for each other, so I'm not worried about getting deceived, but thanks for letting me know what to be aware of for when I read it.

If people just followed The Narrow Path things would be so easier on everyone:

Matthew 7:12-14[/]
Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets. Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: zardust

Or did he not quote it, because it was added by the lying scribes later? Maybe he didn't consider it legitimate words?

One needs only to look objectivity at Isaiah to know why the religious leaders of the time alledgedly sawed him in half. They did that, but didn't edit a thing, right? If you believe that, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

Those same leaders probably added words to cover up his true message. Isaiah even says to never trust the rebellious house, and have it written in stone and parchment, as a testimony forever.
edit on 19-9-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Not Authorized
Or did he not quote it, because it was added by the lying scribes later?...the religious leaders of the time alledgedly sawed him in half... They did that, but didn't edit a thing, right? ...

Woah! I didn't even think of that; and if Jesus would have said anything about it, they really would have called him evil and probably would have tried to kill him a lot sooner since they were already claiming he possessed by demons (John 7:20/Matthew 9:34)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

No its not as direct as that. I had that book and read it, and there are some mind expanding concepts. Its just that some of it is making no right, no wrong, in that kind of neutral feeling. Marianne Williamson always gets bad rap from fundamentalists and also, some consider her to be illuminati. Her ministry was based on this book. Her prayer book and it was beautiful. Brought inner connections and miracles in a very rough stage of my life. Its not something I would want to put down, though can't verify if it is illuminati or not. I just tend to graviate towards positive things and ignore the rest. What concerns me, even with the Bible, is people who can't and take it all or nothing. Given those choices, I'd take nothing and just meditate for answers.

I wrote out some of her prayers and gave a book, journal and pens to a young woman who was a crackhead prostitute our slum landlord was renting the basement suite out too. She couldn't read past rudimentary level, but when she picked up a book on poetry, her spirit came to life and she poured the words out theatrically.

In the end, she was writing prayers and poems to God, and then I heard years later she died of aids.

The message I was told inside, was Love delights in all expressions of Love and we're to use discernment. There are some positive aspects of that book for those with discernment.

This is one of the beautiful prayers I prayed:

blog.marianne.com...

Have to use discernment, as the intent behind things may not be as wonderful as something seems. But the same words said in love from a loving heart are still love.

But suspect there are reasons for variations of content in things.
edit on 19-9-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
A course in miracles has some buddhist and quantum concepts, but what I dont like is the touch of law of one concepts in it. I prefer the free form gnosis of my own inner direction. And don't limit spirituality to bible, can find it in a fiction....can find truth, love, uplifting, mind opening, nudging words in many sources. Love delights in all expressions of Love. An inner message that I post from time to time.

The problem for some is that if it comes from Buddha, Krishna, Rumi, Nanak or any of the other ones that have been blessed and is not have the name Jesus stamped on it then it is fake and not the real thing.

In a way it's like people who wear brand clothing. I am a Christian as you can see by my Jesus branded trousers called Christs. Good marketing trick from those who can make money on religion. The brand name have to be Jesus not Yehoshua or Mithras.
edit on 19-9-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that Jesus is yahweh from verses Matt 24:38-40/Matt 3:11&12. That is a huge assumption.

Jesus was known for using metaphors and Jesus also said that no one knew the Father until HE chose to reveal him to them, which means that yahweh is false since people were already supposedly speaking to this god and writing things this god said down because The Son even showed up (Matthew 11:27). Those who came before Christ were thieves and robbers. Jesus is The Door (John 10:8-9).

What if every person meets the same thing but are not able to describe it without ego projecting things they believe on the thing they meet. In that case the description should get more on track the more peoples testimonies you get and the less they have invested in their ego view the less they ego project themselves onto the thing they meet.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

Beautiful poem.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Not Authorized

Or did he not quote it, because it was added by the lying scribes later? Maybe he didn't consider it legitimate words?

One needs only to look objectivity at Isaiah to know why the religious leaders of the time alledgedly sawed him in half. They did that, but didn't edit a thing, right? If you believe that, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

Those same leaders probably added words to cover up his true message. Isaiah even says to never trust the rebellious house, and have it written in stone and parchment, as a testimony forever.

Exactly, what one man calls the lying pens of the scribes another calls the veiled mind of adam. Either way it is man altering, adding to, and corrupting the Image of God, through their religious reckoning. Man just knows that god desires sacrifice, he needs blood. Some alter the message intentionally, the lying pens, or unintentionally, the religious mind.

I've touched on the Deuteronomist purge(lying pens) a bit in my sig line thread. Basically the entire 2nd temple cult was a false facade of the original, these are the brood of vipers, the pharisees, or the "Jews" of Johns gospel. These are the people of the book. Margaret Barker she discusses this in depth.

Acts hints that Moses used religious thinking to write the Torah when it says he was raised in all the wisdom of the Egyptians.

But yes exactly, the Day of the Vengeance never existed in Gods mind. Like when Jeremiah is chastising the Israelites for putting their kids through the fire, and he says God would never even think of doing that, it would never even enter his mind. So now you have the pharisees who brought the doctrine of Eternal torment (from Babylon), that amounts to the burning of Gods children. And btw the valley where they did this is called Ben Hinnom, aka Gehenna. Gehenna is the word that Jesus uses that is translated as hell. This is actually him throwing back their false doctrines in their faces, NOT him declaring that God is going to burn and torture people.

I don't believe that everything that is wrong about the OT view of God is from intentional error. There is much, but I believe some (most?) is due to the veiled mind receiving impulses from God. "We all see through a mirror, an enigma" and "Even to this day when moses is read a veil lies over their minds" is related to Moses having to wear a veil to cover the light that was fading. They never received the full light, and in turn their scriptures are veiled, darkened.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
If God is The Spirit and The Spirit Gives Life (John 4:24/John 6:63), and The Spirit is Light with absolutely no darkness (1 John 1:5), but The Spirit is Love and whoever lives in Love lives in God and God is in them (1 John 4:16) and those who love one another know Love and know God and are born of God and know God since God is Love (1 John 4:7-8)...

Then let's compare the amount of times Love is mentioned in the entire Bible to these books:

Conversations With God (only 640 pgs) : About 715

A Course In Miracles (only 235 pgs from the actual Book with Chapters): About 650

The Entire KJV Bible: About 442

Here are some of the Biblical texts in order from most mentions of Love to least:

I John (Epistle): 33
John (Gospel): 22
Romans (Epistle): 12
Luke (Gospel): 12
Matthew (Gospel): 11
Revelation: 7
Mark (Gospel): 6
I Peter (Epistle): 6
I Corinthians (Epistle): 5
Galatians (Epistle): 4
Hebrews (Epistle): 3
James (Epistle): 3
Genesis (OT): 3
Jude (Epistle): 2
Exodus (OT): 2
Leviticus (OT): 2
Acts: 0
Numbers (OT): 0
edit on 20-9-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

I use Yehoshua as Christ. But by the way, the point of my entire posts was that its not the brand name that is important, its not buying anything whole package and using discernment. So a discerning and loving heart can pick any book including Course of Miracles and open it and have a direct meaningful and growth inspiring or comforting message come and in some cases, the words will become bolded.

And as for the Yeshua point of view versus the Greek which you have to realize they did code to Zeus. I happen to know an elderly women, schizophrenic who spends time converting and arguing and dealing with Zeus and annanuki and fallen angel types. So maybe he has improved and if he did, some of the hidden people deemed crazy folk here, may be responsible for their growth. She spends her time arguing with and convincing them to choose happiness and equality along with phsyically being tormented by them and kept in a state of overmedication. Sometimes I think some of the angels come in to a life of hardship to have certain conditions and portals open to reach fallen family or members that need to change things around. Almost Shamanistic role.

BUT the bloodlines and elite here are all about Zeus, and Saturn and Sirius B. Yet you can tell by the fruit they bear how evil they are.

But since childhood was called within by Spirit to the message Christ gave. Prefer to see him as real and the head of the Essene Nazarenes, but I have faith in Christ if He is the Word within, our intercessor/bungee cord, back home. And like many gnostics view, its 100% metaphor Because I still experience that inner Word and Direction.

And its that inner experience and direction that said, "Love delights in all expressions of Love". Not the brand, not the package, its choosing carefully some content here and there.

My default position for Goodness God is: the Highest Love and Goodness in existence beyond all the codes and traps in the universe, in the reality and the truth. I pray in the name of Christ Yeshua, childhood faith and part of my human experience, the Spirit of Peace and Love (the gnostic or truth on the Spiritual level whatever distortions the human condition may impart) and in the Highest Love and Goodness in Existence, (my default and should any unknown to me traps exist, this is the one it all falls back on).

edit on 20-9-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

Many people worship Zeus without realizing it:

- A god in the sky
- White beard and white robe
- Zaps those who doesn't do what he say with lightning
- Blesses his followers with prosperity
- Said to be stronger than the other gods

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

As a humble servant of the real Lord Jesus Christ, Teacher of Righteousness, and not of the PAGAN Jesus which you believe in, I would like to add scripture to show that the world is evil, and there is no truth, love, or holy spirit that exists in today's world, where you and i live. The people that think they are righteous claim to see, and in doing so are admitting to be the sons of darkness, adding to the Many, Many lies created by satan. No humble servant chooses to be blind in Christ, lead by the hand of faith in all ways of righteousness, and this is how we can tell that there is no knowledge of truth existing today. You are here to cause confusion - that is a trait of the devil - SO GET OUT!!!!!!!!

what should we call a man who ... his) deeds (...) but every deed of the righteous has been judged impure. And what shall we call man who (... call no one on earth) wise or righteous, for it is not a human possession (...) and not (...) (...wisdom is hidden) except for the wisdom of cunning evil

FOREVER IN TRUTH, STAND DOWN NOW AS I RISE BY THE SEAT OF HEAVEN AND THE ETERNAL FATHER, THAT FOREVER I WILL CALL YOU OUT IN YOUR WAYS OF EVIL, TO LET THE PEOPLE DISCERN FINALLY THAT THEY HAVE BEEN LIED TO OVER AND OVER BY THE SONS OF DARKNESS, IN WHICH YOU CANNOT ACCEPT THE LIGHT OF HEAVEN, AND IN DOING SO, YOU ARE LEADING THE LORD'S SHEEP AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: greyer

Nothing I said here has to do with paganism. Paganism is a naturalistic religion - they worship nature/the creation. I am not telling anyone to worship the creation.

How can I be a 'son of darkness' if I believe that God is Light and Love and I try my best to live through love by loving others? Those who love their brothers are in the light and do not stumble, but those who hate their brothers remain in darkness (1 John 2:10-11). This is how we truly know who passed from death to life (1 John 3:14).

How can I be leading people away by talking positively about Love if God is Love and Light (1 John 4:16 / 1 John 1:5) and whoever Loves is born of God and know God since God is Love (1 John 4:7-8) and that is what I am saying to others?

So why bear false witness against me?

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
John 5:1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

Revelation 19 thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus

1 John 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us

edit on 21-9-2014 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join