It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portsmouth UFO

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
if that ufo was any where near portsmouth it would have been intercepted,,dam theres constant raf helicopter flights soon to be run by american helicopters,constant radar monitoring to protect the naval fleet,,missile defence companies proliferate the area ,i will not be specific as to there locations but they are here (do your own research) .and some are hidden from view...if that was a ufo it was one of ours ...but i call fake

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
A few important facts about portsmouth in relation to this UFO. Aside from the Naval base and the Royal Navy and Royal Marines HQ Portsmouth also houses a lot of defence companies including Northrop Grunman, Lockheed Martin, AEDS Astrium, Raytheon and a lot of others. Importantly it also is the Home to the Quinetic RADAR and command systems testing site. To the North North West of Portsmouth overlooking the whole of Portsea island is Portsdown hill with it's old Victorian forts and defences. If you look at the hill you will notice a lot of Radar instalations and what appear to be ships masts built onto the hilltop. They are in fact the masts of ships, or at least the design of future masts for future ships from many different Navy's around the world. Quinetic are paid to test out RADAR and operating systems by a variety of countries, portsdown hill is the perfect site for this as it is elevated above sea level and overlooks both land (Portsmouth) the Solent and harbour entrance and the Isle of wight followed by open water. This allows for the testing of RADAR systems over a variety of terrain (If you know anything about RADAR think about the clutter thrown off by the land and sea variations). You can test the missile and aircraft tracking properties of new RADARs over both land and sea as well as tracking shipping in the Solent without having to bolt a new RADAR onto a ship and send it out to sea or attach it to a mobile missile platform and then transport it to the ideal location. So if you have an experimental RADAR System and want it tested Portsdown hill is where this will happen. Alternatively if you have a new Aircraft and want it's RADAR signature testing over a variety of terrains then testing it over Portsmouth with the RADARs on Portsdown hill is the ideal place.
This already happens publicly, if anybody lives in Portsmouth you may have noticed that sometimes you will see what look like business jets flying at different heights and angles towards Portsdown Hill and the turning around. These aircraft are fitted with electronic warfare equipment and are testing the jamming of the new RADARS and also testing the tracking capabilities of the RADARS. They also test the tracking Radars that are to be fitted to new missile systems and use the new electronic warfare systems at Portsdown hill to jam these.
In short this UFO could be a new aircraft being tested from this site. I have seen a few strange aircraft at night over Portsmouth and the Solent so they certainly do test them around here.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Seeing that it is only a still image, the viewer must go by with the story behind the image. It looks to me like a lenticular cloud.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Is it back ? New story from same area !
metro.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
This ones a HOAX guys the creators of it have come forward.

The photos were faked in a publicity stunt to draw attention to an upcoming science fiction and fantasy festival.

Event organiser Joshua Hibberd, 26, North End, said: ‘We got eight or 10 people from around Portsmouth to take a picture at the same time on the same evening.

‘I e-mailed them to another organiser, Dan Cook, who is a whizz with Photoshop.

‘He added the UFO, and we had help from others to get people talking about it on social media.’

Creators of UFO hoax come forward

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: uforn

The photos were faked in a publicity stunt to draw attention to an upcoming science fiction and fantasy festival.

Event organiser Joshua Hibberd, 26, North End, said: ‘We got eight or 10 people from around Portsmouth to take a picture at the same time on the same evening.

‘He added the UFO, and we had help from others to get people talking about it on social media.’

Oh well.

Must add this comment from the link:

you mean to tell me, that I've been sat here with a metal colander on my head, and tin foil up my arms, trying to communicate for no reason?! What a waste of a day!

British humor at its best.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: KROandSOTV

originally posted by: uforn

Oh well.

Must add this comment from the link:

you mean to tell me, that I've been sat here with a metal colander on my head, and tin foil up my arms, trying to communicate for no reason?! What a waste of a day!

British humor at its best.

Colanders dont work pffft
But bedpans do

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: uforn

Ironic really, what with the bird explanations being given.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
From that original media article, comes an alleged quote from Karen Masters, senior lecturer in the institute of cosmology and gravitation at Portsmouth University:

The distances in space are so vast that it’s just not possible for aliens to be visiting Earth, so any interpretation suggesting this is an alien spacecraft is clearly wrong.

Because clearly, if aliens existed, we can vouch for their level of technology, their means of passage through space, and the speed of their cosmic vehicles.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli
Is it back ? New story from same area !
metro.co.uk...

That is just a contrail from a private jet.

www.metabunk.org...

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Defragmentor

Surely she couldn't have said that? Also a senior lecturer :-/

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: KROandSOTV
hi read your post about the linticular cloud over Portsmouth. I spent a Night Gosport looking for unusual things in the Night sky. I was not disappointed. In All i saw 7, unusual things in the sky. Three of them were very distinctive, the others could have been regular satellites, ie regular straight patterns of flight at no exceptional speed. OF the other three, one in particular was unbelievably fast, maybe 7 seconds form horizon south to horizon north, that's from the isle of wight, heading northwards and then out of sight. the Second was much higher and its position or trajectory shifted distinctively whilst over the various bases in the bay area. The third one, tracked in a straight vector, but wobbled at speed very high speed maybe taking about 20 seconds to go from south horizon to north horizon. its speed was also out kilter with what we might call conventional craft, be that space or air, all three of these things to me looked to be out of our atmosphere. I did this because i followed a hunch about, unusual sightings around military bases, and there are a good few in this area. I spent some time on a us naval base in the south of spain it is called rota, i was there i the early seventies and the radar operators clearly stated that their radar array "attracted uf o , type things " bACK TO YOUR QUESTION ABOUT THINGS TO MAKE YOU MORE THAN 50 / 50 ? WELL TRY GOOGLING.................... UFO/GOSPORT. I thnk you will find that you are not alone, in seeing odd things above Goport and surrounding ares. Keep looking up
....Live long and prosper

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: clarity46
HMMMMM Thank you for the head up on gosport,there does seem to be a lot from a couple of years ago

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: avriel

I grew up in the slopes of portsdown hill and the radars are being tested during the daytime, if you had the radio on you could hear the radar sweep every 5 seconds, this was during the 60s 70s and 80s, I now live in the city so don't know what is like now but I know the mobile phone reception is terrible in paulsgrove, whenever I go to see relatives the signal keeps going in and out so they are playing with stronger stuff up on the hill now.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join