It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lynnea's Birthday/Deathday Anniversary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Today is the sixth anniversary of the birthday and day of death of my granddaughter Lynnea Rose. She breathed on her own for 45 minutes before she passed. My daughter held her to her breast and felt her tiny heart stop beating. My son-in-law heard her last breath. Together they comforted each other and wept for their little baby. The pain of it all still racks me and I am writing this with tears in my eyes.

You might wonder why I posted in this forum, and the answer is partly I didn't know where else to post. But at the same time I feel like it has its place here for this reason. I still have a relationship with Lynnea, she is my granddaughter. We are currently separated but I believe some day I will see her and will hold her in my arms and listen to her voice and hear her laughter.

To anyone reading this who has also lost someone I offer my sincerest love to you. My faith offers me great comfort that the day will come when I will be with her. I hope your faith offers you the same comfort.

Peace to all of you who have read this.

Below is a poem I wrote about her in the past.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 06/02/2011 by grayeagle because: Add link

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: grayeagle

Thoughts and prayers your way.

Take comfort in the fact that one day you will be reunited.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

*VAST HUG*

Prayers for the fallen, may angels guide their path.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

What a sad story...!

I am in no way religious but this kind of story makes me hope that there is something else so you might one day find peace.

You have my thoughts and best wishes.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Prayers for safe journey to eventually hold your dear grand daughter. I too, believe that some day you will be with her.

Happy Birthday to Lynnea Rose, and comfort to you.

Des

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I am so sorry for your pain; anniversary dates are tough. It's the day you honor that piece of your heart that is missing.
*Prayers and Hugs*

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Just to add, I like to listen to this song when I am thinking about a lost loved one.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Oh my friend, my eyes are filling up reading your post. I'm a mother and there can be nothing so heart breaking and soul-aching as the death of an infant. She died feeling loved, adored and cherished, being held by her mother - small comfort, I know, but she got to feel all of those things and know that she was beloved on this earth.

You will be together again, I am sure of it.

B x

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

You chose your words perfectly and they have brought me great comfort. You are so right she did get to experience their love, even if only for a brief time. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your kind thoughts and words are comforting me this day and forward. Some day I will see you as well and will thank you in person. Love and peace.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
It is amazing how just knowing you all took the time to respond with words and music of comfort ministers to my soul. It is people like you that cause me to stay and appreciate this community we have. Thanks to all of you and anyone else that stops by.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I am so sorry you are saddened and that such things have to happen to people. You have your own special beautiful Angel just waiting for the day you are united again. Wishing you a world of love and some semblance of peace,

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thank you! My grand daughter Lynnea is in the NIGHT sky shinning like a STAR. Thank you for your love.
edit on 06/02/2011 by grayeagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: grayeagle
a reply to: Night Star

Thank you! My grand daughter Lynnea is in the NIGHT sky shinning like a STAR. Thank you for your love.

Now why didn't I say that? That was beautiful!!!!

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
My thoughts go out to you and your family.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   

This is the quality of love.

I'm not going to remorse, with your permission. I'll celebrate the love a parent, a grandparent feels for a child. It is precious. It is invaluable. It is the side-effect of the miracle of life.

45 minutes and she has enriched your life. If that isn't a miracle, then I don't know what one is.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Thank you for your kind words and they are so true. She only lived a short time but continues to impact my family in a positive way. The love we have for her and for each other comforts us all. Love and peace to you my friend.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I am so very sorry for your loss. Your connection with your sweet Lynnea continues beyond the threads of time into that great Reunion. I have no doubt.

As a mother of a child with a life threatening heart defect, our family faced the strong possibility that we would lose our youngest son in his first few days of life. Narrowly, after open heart surgery, he survived. We were blessed to have that option, as frightening as it was.

One thing we brought ourselves to during that experience was the thought that we are all just passing through this world, and our souls get everything we need for our growth, no matter the length of our lives; it truly is the depth that matters. The depth of love your sweet granddaughter brought to your family is so beautiful. It spreads out from you like wings.

My thoughts are with you in your remembrance of her.

- AB

new topics

top topics

join