It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

and then the fight started:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Just finished reading some threads in the other section and Members have started fighting ... funny to read actually but a bit sad when one of the Members took his/her bat and ball and left the thread.

so I was thinking... maybe we need a argument thread?

I will start the argument:

"All Scottish People are brainwashed!"

or what about this one:

"Your all stupid or blind if you can't see that the Illuminati is Islam!"

LOL

edit on CDT05000000Fri, 19 Sep 2014 05:31:39 -05003139am261 by Thurisaz because: grammar

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Thurisaz
I think the Scots did the right thing, but I've been tactfully avoiding the angry reaction threads.
For that matter, my English accent is going nowhere near Glasgow for the next few years.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
People are always getting in a snit and leaving threads around here, it is a proud ATS tradition! Provoking others into losing it in the first place is another common ATS event. It could be said that almost all threads are argument threads particularly if the topic is controversial to begin with. What is special about us, is that for the most part we provoke and leave with civility.

Not a very passionate rant by the way, sort of limp. ;-)
edit on 19-9-2014 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
yeah that is cos I am not angry... was just laughing at some of the replies.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thurisaz
Just finished reading some threads in the other section and Members have started fighting ... funny to read actually but a bit sad when one of the Members took his/her bat and ball and left the thread.

or what about this one:

LOL

Why did I leave? I thought it was best to cool off before I said something I would regret.

And I don't regret what I said.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Hi, Thurisaz, missing you at Hernando's,,,,,OH, I'm Drunk,,, Sorry

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Too busy drinking to fight at present .. plus last time got in fight ended up pay for repairs to pub ...

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I remember when I first joined and I would get into these idiotic arguments with people drawn out till the end of time, with absolutely nothing of value being added to the forums, based totally on emotionally charged rhetoric from both sides.

And of course you get the, "Well that's cause you're a shill..."

And my favourite:

-extremely long reply well researched with dozens of links, a solid explanation, personal opinion, alternative viewpoint-

*Reply: "You are wrong wrong wrong, if you stopped listening to MSM and cut off your KOOL AID supply, probably cause you drink fluoride all day, you would see you are wrong wrong wrong."

-facepalm- "What part was I wrong about?"

-"Everything shill -obvious its XYZ the plasma conduit in the greys laboratory ron paul fought the aliens in Bush's Obama radar gattling gun, sputnik woo woo lizard people are eating the walrus

Then I realized, it's the internet. Slow down, sit, grab a glass Bonch, the night is young, have a sip... ahhh... relax. Move on to next thread.

I would say there's dozens of threads Ive participated in, not for the debate on hand but mainly for someone reading who can actually read my points instead of completely ignoring them simply to post an asinine comment in return.

That being said, my favourite threads are where someone challenges me with a good/decent argument, and we go back and forth and I usually end up learning a ton on the subject I knew little of to begin with. These kinds of exchanges you know help others by giving them somewhere to read up on said topic from opposing opinions or from collaboration.

Those are considered decent threads.
edit on 19-9-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I'm watching a lot less TV since I joined ATS back in 2010.

When I am in need for a little entertainment, I just read one of the juicier threads, where people get into heated arguments, and sometimes over nothing.
edit on 19/9/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

edit on 19/9/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: TGIF

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

More lies from the MSM. The truth is that the rolling glades and the finest brews have given the Scots much needed clarity...

Sorry that was a pretty weak argument. Let me start over:

"I know you are but what am I ? get your facts right you (insert generic insult here)."

I love a good argument every now and again but when passion gets in the way of rationality then they quickly go downhill and I think most of us are guilty of derailing the argument at least once.

But as for your brainwashing comment their is plenty of evidence to back that up.

404 not found

edit on 19-9-2014 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
But as for your brainwashing comment their is plenty of evidence to back that up.

Since the OP is offline, let me point out that the "brainwashing" comment was merely quoting the title of an existing thread. It was illustrating the point about heated argument.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Too busy drinking to fight at present .. plus last time got in fight ended up pay for repairs to pub ...

You know you're drunk when you start a fight with a building.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

yes thank you ... I did laugh with the 404 not found. LOL

here is the evidence to support my argument 404 not found

LOL

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shakawkaw

originally posted by: Expat888

You know you're drunk when you start a fight with a building.

Worse .. it ends up a draw ...

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Now THAT is funny! Thanks for the laugh, Expat. Hope the headache is not that bad, lol.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I used to be a flame war participant in my years past. I don't see any point in it anymore. People are so busy thinking of their own replies that any sense or perspective shown in a post is met with denial, a red herring, insults, or any other argument tactic rather than logical thought. This includes both sides of the argument. (And yes, I'm speaking about my own angry posts...not just about any others.)

These days I try to form a rational response, or a quick sarcastic remark/question.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I mistakenly wandered into a 9/11 thread recently, just to have a look at some footage the OP had posted I had not seen before.

.....And now I know why only the insane get involved in that train wreck....

I think it took three pages before the whole thing devolved into a mass slinging match about how and why the towers went down, and it just got worse from there. Personal attacks, insults, you name it. It's still going, but has absolutely ZERO to even do with the op and the video at this stage.

Where angels fear to tread man....

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thurisaz

LOL

ok. want to argue?
well, you spelled you're wrong...
hahahaha nanner nanner
/end of thread
/thread closed
/nuff said
/ t&c violation... t&c violation

argument threads are the best

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

"I don't like the way you were looking at me when you typed that reply!"

hahha

"yeah! you were even swearing at the computer but didn't include that in your reply! "

YEAH ... [/SHOUTING]

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

haha. nice

its been swell arguing with you

top topics

join