It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could something so unfathomably large, relate to something so unfathomably small?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
So I was watching Neil deGrasse Tyson's version of Cosmos on Netflix earlier, when I got on to the second episode, and where he was talking about DNA and such. It when he got to the line of saying, "There is as many atoms in a single molecule of DNA, as there is stars in a typical galaxy."

Now I've heard of puns about the whole universe being in the anus of a Godlike consuming ameoba, that would probably destroy the universe. I did recall this one study, about a slice of a mouses brain cell, looked very much like a computer simulation of a galaxy super cluster.

Where one so small, the naked eye couldn't see it, where one is so large, well, I guess your seeing it all the time then when you look up in the sky.

Neil also talked a bit about galaxy super structures, saying that they are pretty much the next plateau that we would have to break to be able draw, or jot down the universe down on a piece of paper. Where he believed it to be much more like a giant bubble, that apart of this bubble system, that ended up going into a stream of water...Or bubbles....

Also, the study of how calculus( Im not a calculator) relates to the study of change, and how it would study a seashell that would resemble a spiral disc galaxy, or even a fetus?

Really not looking for a I.Q test here. Thoughts?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

Yeah, good stuff. There's sort of two different ways you can view things: You can focus on the differences between the big and small, and you'll notice quantum mechanics (super small) and relativity (super big) are different, and physicists can't reconcile them...That's a way a big and small are different, and people talk about it all the time.

But then also you can look at how big and small things are the same. I was just playing with an idea that points to that, and I think it could be a really powerful area of study, looking for the laws that unite things on all scales. Its kind of unexplored, but yeah, just like you say its clearly there. It seems like if we ever want to find that big theory of everything, zooming in on things that are the same at different scales is a great place to begin a search.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: tridentblue

Something that thought to be so big, and unique, that its small in the grand scale. While something so small, can be so big and unique in the grand scale?

Defiantly screwing with whatever tiny universe is in my head. lol.

edit on 19-9-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
It seems that while forms may be infinite, functions are finite. And so we see the same behaviors, same systems within systems within systems with all things great and small.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Yes.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Science is having a tough time reconciling the smallest things with the largest things. They have two different theories that describe the Universe. One theory works well to describe the very small, but not the very large, and the other theory works well to describe the macrocosm, but not the microcosm. Is there a unified theory? I think so. But, the answer to your question is, we don't yet know how the big relates to the small.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I like to think that if we could zoom in, way past the things we know, we would at some point (maybe the "bottom") see a dude with a telescope looking back up at us

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Great post! Thanks for sharing.

I have had this feeling for while now that we are on the verge of a grand discovery.

Something that will be akin to when we discovered that the earth was round. I believe that CERN will probably be the catalyst for this discovery as we delve deeper down the rabbit hole.

Looking inward may very well be the key to understanding our origin and much much more.

Very good! Thank you!

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

I recall coming across one video years ago, relating to the brain cell, and the super cluster. That reality is a holographic, and re-fractal, and that the atom has a constant amount of free space. Where the data in the atom is the size of a grain of rice, and that the free space it has, is compared to that of a foot ball stadium in scale.

I'd love to post the vid if I remembered what it was called.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AtcGod

Gives new meaning to the definition of being one with the universe.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

People wonder why we can't 'find' a great deal of the matter of the universe, so they make up things like 'dark matter' to explain something that probably doesn't want you to explain it. I read once that the dark matter and dark energy make up something like 73% of the universe, which means we can only 'see,' and/or 'experience' ONE QUARTER of our reality! Where's the rest of it? Well, depending on your outlook you might not like my answer, but I think that the parts we can't 'see...' That's the other layers of our reality, our afterlife. What're we up to now? 11 Dimensions? I'm betting there's 12. Why? Because the 'universe' likes certain numbers, and 12 is one of those.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

In thermodynamics the term entropy is used to describe heat energy.
A dense plasma such as the theorized big bang origin contained all known energy in a thimble sized volume.

Same principle as wallpaper that uses a single repeating pattern.
Paper any size room you want and never have to worry about the pattern fitting.

Complexity in the latter case only depends on your subjective boredom threshold.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Chronogoblin

Im familiar with the dark matter and energy concepts. Dark matter believed to be responsible for things like gravity, while dark energy is said to be the cause of universal expansion.

I have though of about chain reactions reaching one universe to another, and that they are layered...As if it were a well written comic book from the 90's instead of the 60's, or a sci-fi oddity. Like how in one family guy episode( I know, t.v, brain washing) where Stewie, the evil genius baby some how started the big bang through his actions by going to the very start of it.

Makes one wonder about the universe, protecting itself in some weird little way, like destroying all of space time. Like if one went back in time, they'd accidentally start another timeline with a different trajectory. However, they can't change their old one no matter what.

Layers upon layers of barriers, that would be so systematically fast, its instant.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Fractals in nature are fascinating it really makes you wonder and awe of the simple complexity of our physical realm

edit on 2014 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Really makes you wonder how all of this works in tandem... if we can better understand our universe, perhaps we can better understand ourselves and our biological processes. Perhaps we are all a victim of 'Honey, I Shrunk Civilization.'

top topics

join