It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Shooting Reported in Bell, Florida

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

No gun owner buys a gun thinking "I'm gonna only shoot paper targets forever"

You know who is all about self defense? Martial arts experts. Ever hear about a black belt killing dozens of people in a mall?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

All of you who are engaging in the gun law conversation right now are insanely childish, self centered, and self righteous.

wow.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Too Bad Bush wasn't down there reading Cat in The Hat backwards like he was on 9/11.

Too soon?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: bhliberal

I am not going to derail this thread by explaining to you how wrong you really are. Anyone that has truly researched this subject knows that statement is beyond false, so that tells me that you are stating this out of ignorance and emotion.

Back on topic

+3 more 
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

originally posted by: SpaDe_
a reply to: bhliberal

There are enough gun control laws on the books as it is. Enforcement is the main issue. Last time I checked murder was still illegal, but criminals keep on killing, laws mean nothing to the criminally insane.

Thoughts and prayers for the families and loved ones of the victims.

Then pro-gun rights people need to do a better job at policing and finding a solution to controlling their fellow gun owners.

Do you feel inclined to police everyones free speech when ever they say something offensive?

Do you feel inclined to police the religious beliefs of others?

Why do I have to police criminals that misuse a tool? Again the misuse of a right is no reason to take it away.

link   
BREAKING: 6 children, 2 adults killed in northern Florida shooting - report

Working on additional sources.
edit on 18-9-2014 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: bhliberal
a reply to: SpaDe_

Sorry, but people with guns are going to kill. Or they want to.

It's time to get guns off the streets. It happens every day, all the time, stop the violence.

Seriously? How do you expect to be even taken seriously by anyone on ATS with comments like that?

Hows about you work on your compassion AND critical thinking skills. The tool is not the issue, the brain which operates the tool IS. When will people understand this?

That said, I'm not replying to any more politically motivated comments on this thread. People are dead. Let's see some sanity and compassion in this discussion, please.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: bhliberal
This is just another reason for strong gun control. Let's watch and see that the perpetrator had a legally obtained firearm. I'm almost willing to bet.

Another reason for liberals to stop the cowardification of America and the dehumanization of Americans through suppressing the expression of individuality and being told what to be and how to be by big government know-nothings with too much power who think they are qualified to steer the direction of every individual's lives.

Then, maybe we could stop "progressing", as you call it, and go back to a simpler time where this didn't happen. But, I doubt that a liberal, such as yourself, could have that deep of insight to know what I'm talking about. Liberals think that they can receive everything by doing nothing and eat without having to kill. They are creating an American society that is detached from reality and it makes people go crazy. Reason number 1000 that I'm not a liberal.

You blame guns, but last year, in china, there was a mass killing at a subway station with a knife. So lets address the real problem here- mental insanity, or liberalism.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: unphased

All of you who are engaging in the gun law conversation right now are insanely childish, self centered, and self righteous.

wow.

Personal attacks eh.

Thats totally grown up.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Live Update coming at 8:30pm here...
www.actionnewsjax.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

The burden of enforcement lies with those writing the laws, not with those following them. I don't think I need to tell you how ignorant your statement and suggestion is.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Removed bad link...
edit on 9/18/2014 by GoOfYFoOt because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: GoOfYFoOt

I think this is another incident all together?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
People misusing their rights is no reason to take mine.

The biases of all law is that your rights end when they start interfering with the rights of others, especially when it’s a “frivolous right” vs a “fundamental right”. So the publics “frivolous right” to own certain types of weapons ends when those weapons become a danger to the “fundamental rights” of others to be safe in their person. If you guys want to keep your “Frivolous rights” then you better start lobbying so keep irresponsible people from having access to this type of equipment. In other words, if you are a gun advocate, you should be lobbying for stricter controls on who can own guns, not more lenient ones. Something that the NRA is going to eventually learn the hard way.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
PzFeed Top News
@PzFeed
BREAKING NEWS - MASS SHOOTING: LAW ENFORCEMENT CONFIRM 8 PEOPLE KILLED IN FL SHOOTING. YOUNGEST VICTIM 3 MONTHS OLD - tinyurl.com/kntcqtf

link   

originally posted by: SpaDe_
a reply to: GoOfYFoOt

I think this is another incident all together?

You are correct...My bad.

link   
Six children are dead because of a gun.

And defending guns in this is defending the actions of the person with the gun.

Six children are dead because if a gun.

So, why, why do we defend implements of mass destruction?

Sorry, but idiots with guns kill people.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
bhliberal agenda pushing isn't very obvious is it.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I know I didn't plan on just shooting paper.
I shoot deer, squirrels, rabbits, turkeys and grouse.
I eat them afterwards.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: defcon5

The 2nd is not a frivolous right.

It is a fundamental right.

Murder is no more a byproduct of the second amendment than religious fanaticism is to the first.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join