It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hug the Earth Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I've seen A LOT of bunk go viral, i.e. the water bucket challenge; maybe this will, too. What would happen, if we all sent a positive energy, through the earth? What would happen, if we hugged the earth; and told her how much we loved her and adored her, and appreciated her, for all of her goodness. What if we all, on a specific date and time; lie down on our bellies, sprawled out on the ground and just hugged our planet, collectively; sending positive vibes and surrounding her with love. Do you think the energy would help heal some of her wounds or is that ridiculous??? Or, should we just continue to use and abuse her, until she finally says: "ENOUGH!"?

Yeah, i know, that's a stupid idea, but is it???

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I did that once, when the old 5HP Evinrude on me and my dad's little old aluminum fishing boat blew up. Took a few hours to paddle back to shore. I hugged and kissed the earth when we finally got back up to the dock.
edit on 18-9-2014 by Aldakoopa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ImDaMan

I really like the idea but to get it to spread viral you're going to need something more.

The ice bucket challenge made people feel guilty after someone challenged them. They either did the challenge and paid $10 dollars or didn't and donated $100. You found out about it by either being challenged, the news, or you had a friend show you a video of a ice challenge blooper. That's how the message of donating to ALS spread like fire. It also brought out a lot of creativity by the different ways people dumped ice cold water over themselves and made it fun for people to participate and watch.

I have some suggestions.

Make a Facebook/Twitter page dedicated to the idea with a countdown to the day and time you want everyone to participate.

Suggest people to film themselves doing it and post themselves on all social medias.

Give this idea time to spread but not too long that people may loose interest.

Make people feel guilty into participating. It's a much needed guilt. Pictures or stories of animals and children in harms way kicks me right in the chest. You could show massive deforestation and or animal die offs. Pull those heart strings.

Maybe you could have people lie on the ground and make shapes, designs, or maybe even words all focusing on our love for this planet. Kind of like saying "Thank you Mother Earth. We love you."

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

I really like the idea but to get it to spread viral you're going to need something more.

The ice bucket challenge made people feel guilty after someone challenged them. They either did the challenge and paid $10 dollars or didn't and donated $100. You found out about it by either being challenged, the news, or you had a friend show you a video of a ice challenge blooper. That's how the message of donating to ALS spread like fire. It also brought out a lot of creativity by the different ways people dumped ice cold water over themselves and made it fun for people to participate and watch.

I have some suggestions.

Make a Facebook/Twitter page dedicated to the idea with a countdown to the day and time you want everyone to participate.

Suggest people to film themselves doing it and post themselves on all social medias.

Give this idea time to spread but not too long that people may loose interest.

Make people feel guilty into participating. It's a much needed guilt. Pictures or stories of animals and children in harms way kicks me right in the chest. You could show massive deforestation and or animal die offs. Pull those heart strings.

Maybe you could have people lie on the ground and make shapes, designs, or maybe even words all focusing on our love for this planet. Kind of like saying "Thank you Mother Earth. We love you."

Wow....those are fantastic ideas. So, how much time should WE, since you expanded the idea, give? What would be a good date, from now? How much time will it take, to get it to go viral?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Earth day is April 22 so maybe then unless you're thinking sooner. Maybe kick it off 2 months prior and ramp it up as the time gets closer.

I would try and pick a warm month so people can comfortably participate.

I'm just talking off the cuff, I don't have any experience other than seeing how others have done it.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I have often wondered if enough of us did something like this, what could be achieved? Trouble is getting humans to agree on anything in the first place. Anyway I'm up for it!

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I always say: "Love Earth with every footstep and you will walk as if you own the world" For one's own wellbeing,i feel it's pretty much essential to spend some time interacting with nature each and every day-in fact i cannot imagine a life where i do not walk barefoot on the soil and grass every day,sit among the plants in my garden,etc.I know not everyone is blessed enough to be able to do this-but try to get to a park,or make a small windowsill garden even,that type of thing.To me,it is essential.a reply to: ImDaMan

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I have been hugging the earth for more than 45+ years . Now on trying to get others
to understand the damage, good luck with that. Using twtter or facebook
damages the earth as bad as oil spills. A battery is usally made in multiple
countries, yes a single battery. Just think of all the damage iphones have done
to mother earth, now are you glad we have the internet.

The earth will take everything back. The memories of human existance will
slowly fade. She will be just fine, until she is consumed by our Sun.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Yeah, i know, that's a stupid idea, but is it???

yes.

i cant ellaborate on that.

new topics

top topics

join