It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stanford Biologist Warns: Early Signs of Earth’s 6th Mass Extinction in Progress.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Firefly_
Volcanoes may emit toxins, but its a part of a natural cycle. Humans poison the planet in addition to the toxins emitted by volcanoes and other natural processes, so your argument really doesn't hold water.

May I ask why you feel humans are somehow not part of nature? Did we not develop on this little wet rock along with all the other biodiversity we call nature? How is our pollution anything other than natural?

I will take my role as the Devil's Advocate one step further. I'm confident humans have risen to high technology and destroyed ourselves at least once before; most likely with nuclear weapons. This would mean we are a natural destructive force no different than an earthquake or volcano.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: 59demon

Humans most definitely are a part of nature. And nature has a way of balancing itself out when things go too far out, which humans are massively (albeit not solely) contributing towards.

I also am in complete agreement with you regarding previous advanced civilisations. There are so many clues all around the world, in ancient sites, relics, texts and folklore. I have one theory that the Genesis account of the fall from paradise is describing the aftermath of a destructive, possibly nuclear war, after a period of prosperity for humans. Which is why the earth was hard to toil. The flood could possibly have been some natural cleansing mechanism, not just to rid the earth of humans but also to clean the place up and wash away the toxins.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The 6th mass extinction has been going on for a long time already, humans have only accelerated the process for certain species.

Exticntions aren't planned or cylcic events but they do happen when catastrophic global events take place. One of the known and well documented events is the Siberian Traps event that took place a very long time ago, wiped out around 90% of any kind of animal and vegetal life on our planet if I remember correctly.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Sounds like we are just saying the same thing two different ways then, Firefly. Lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join