It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green Chile Carrot Cake

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: woodsmom

i typically won't eat carrots. But candied carrots....yummmm! Especially with a roast beef.

Simply toss the carrots in a bit of honey, salt them, then roast until they start to brown a little bit. Your stomach will thank your mouth for a week.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
What type of green chile did you use?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: missvicky
What type of green chile did you use?

They're probably Big Jims. We bought them in Hatch, NM. They are hot, but not overwhelming.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I wanted to tell you thanks! This was amazing! I wasn't able to get anyone on board with the chiles, but your carrot cake recipe is awesome! I doubled it and used one cup of almond flour and one cup of coconut flour. I made them into cupcakes and they are so moist. It's getting easier to cook with substitutions now that I found things that taste better with a better texture. This one is going into the forever album!

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Interesting approach. I have bags and bags of coconut flour and almost flour. We wont a $500 gift card to Whole Foods, and I spent it all on erythritol, coconut flour, and almond flour.

I have made a low carb pancake using coconut flour that isn't bad. Tastes a bit like a donut. But haven't tried blending it into regular flour type cakes.

But I can share a really good, gluten free (almost carb free) brownie that uses almond flour and flax meal.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Pretty please? I would love a tried and tested brownie recipe!

I seem to have better luck with the non grain flours so far, and the coconut really helps me to stretch my almond flour. It stores very well too. The one oddity about it is that it will absorb more moisture than other flours do, mixing it with the almond and flax seems to even that out though with their higher fat contents. So far so good. I have been missing carrot cake and this just made everybody's day. It helps to have some victories since there are still things that come out horrible. I think we have finally tipped the scales though.
Oh, and we love candied carrots, just about like that. Carrots are one of our staples around here.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

rather than copy/paste a long post, here is something i put up a few years ago and contains quite a bit of info on my methodologies/logic:

bigfatfurrytexan.wordpress.com...

*note* i used to have a link to my blog in my sig line, per Springers approval. Im not spamming the site, for anyone interested.

ETA:

Banana Nut Bread: bigfatfurrytexan.wordpress.com...

Key Lime Pie (using an almond crust): bigfatfurrytexan.wordpress.com...
edit on 10/17/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join