It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study reveals the mysterious ancestors of modern Europeans

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Europeans trace their ancestry back to three and not two ancient populations as previously thought, says a joint study by University of Tübingen, Harvard Medical School and CCMB Hyderabad

Researchers sequenced nine ancient genomes: a 7,000-year-old farmer from Germany, an 8,000-year-old hunter-gatherer from Luxembourg and seven 8,000-year-old hunter-gatherers from Sweden. They compared these to the genomes of 2,345 modern Europeans.

They found, as suspected, much of Europe’s contemporary gene pool comes from the farmers and hunter-gatherers. The rest – up to 20 percent – come from a third, mysterious group called northern Eurasians who arrived sometime in the past 7,000 years. Traces of the group’s DNA were found last year in the body of a toddler buried 24,000 years ago in eastern Siberia.

These mysterious people are something of a missing link. The ancient north Eurasians “connect all modern Europeans and Native Americans,” Johannes Krause, a geneticist at the University of Tübingen and co-director of the Max Planck Institute for History and the Sciences in Germany, told Reuters.

The northern Eurasians were also related to the people who migrated more than 15,000 years ago across a frozen land bridge to the Americas – their DNA is genetically similar to Native Americans.

People living in different parts of Europe have different proportions of genes from the three groups. Scots and Estonians have more of the mysterious northern Eurasian group’s genes, while modern-day Sardinians have more in common with the ancient farmers that came from the Middle East. The big question now is to try and pinpoint where these Ancient North Eurasians made their first appearance.

link 1
link 2
link 3

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Lady_Tuatha

I can believe that. When my family first encountered the people living in what is present day Nova Scotia, it was almost like discovering lost cousins. They resonated with our spirit more purely than any Caucasian group ever did.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
This actually does make more sense. Having the three types of people we originated from makes it easier to evaluate the diverse differences in traits of the people of this area.

This is a little over my head, I do not have the knowledge to evaluate this completely like the researchers that are doing this do. With this knowledge it may be beneficial when entangling the health problems of people.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe that we all came from some ancient African people. Most blacks, Asians, Latinos, and Native Americans have black hair and black/brown eyes. I don't buy the theory that Caucasians/Europeans have various hair colors and eye colors because of migrating to different locations and climates from Africa. I wouldn’t be surprised if Caucasians are the descendants of the Anunnaki, Antlanteans, or some other extra terrestrial being while all other races were the more primitive and indigenous humanoids of the planet.

(post by immoralist removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedMamba
I find it hard to believe that we all came from some ancient African people. Most blacks, Asians, Latinos, and Native Americans have black hair and black/brown eyes. I don't buy the theory that Caucasians/Europeans have various hair colors and eye colors because of migrating to different locations and climates from Africa. I wouldn’t be surprised if Caucasians are the descendants of the Anunnaki, Antlanteans, or some other extra terrestrial being while all other races were the more primitive and indigenous humanoids of the planet.

I'd be very surprised if that was the case *SNIP* finding an ancestor from another star system is more believable than an ancestor than came from near by Africa which is only 14.3 km or 8.9 mils at it's closest point, listen here there is nothing special about any one group of people, white folks are not special in any way neither are the various shades of Blk/Brown/yellowish folks, and if you believe in the Anunnaki/Atlantis myth and legends then you ought to know that those myths/legends were supplied by black or dark skinned folks in the case of the Anunanki the Sumerians a dark-skinned west Asian folk who called themselves Saggigga The Black headed People www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
And the Atlantis myth came from the Egyptians AkA Kemites an African folk according to Plato.

Terms such as Caucasoid/Negroid/Mongoloid are outdated and are in essence nonsense terms they are based mainly off facial traits that can be found all over the world and is not specific to any one continent or geographical area. some early Kenyans by facial morphology looked like they could be from Northern Europe but in fact they are biologically Africans,certain west and South west Asians looked like Africans in facial morphology but are the most distant by genotype, this led to all kinds of confusion and assumptions about people in different locations "New Guinea" is called New Guinea because it reminded sailors of old of the country of Guinea in Africa,many folks including yours truly once believed that the Olmecs had an African component in their population,that turned out not to be the case although African looking people did reside among them, the same is true for European looking folk in the New world some just happened to look that way without any meaningful connections.
edit on 9/19/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: Unneccessary comment removed

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Maybe...If the dna testing that show most Caucasian individuals have more in common with Africans then they do their Caucasian neighbors next door.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jenisiz

Maybe...If the dna testing that show most Caucasian individuals have more in common with Africans then they do their Caucasian neighbors next door.

But Dna testing had been done and we are all connected it's just that where on the branch we find ourselves,this is all about fine tuning the search.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: Jenisiz

But Dna testing had been done and we are all connected it's just that where on the branch we find ourselves,this is all about fine tuning the search.

Agreed but Caucasians share more abnormalities and similarities with Africans then they do their own neighbors. The dna matching is closer related then their neighbors which is decisive in determining that we are all the same. It was a response to a previous post. No narrowing down needed to prove it. Same source.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lady_Tuatha
Europeans trace their ancestry back to three and not two ancient populations as previously thought, says a joint study by University of Tübingen, Harvard Medical School and CCMB Hyderabad

Researchers sequenced nine ancient genomes: a 7,000-year-old farmer from Germany, an 8,000-year-old hunter-gatherer from Luxembourg and seven 8,000-year-old hunter-gatherers from Sweden. They compared these to the genomes of 2,345 modern Europeans.

They found, as suspected, much of Europe’s contemporary gene pool comes from the farmers and hunter-gatherers. The rest – up to 20 percent – come from a third, mysterious group called northern Eurasians who arrived sometime in the past 7,000 years. Traces of the group’s DNA were found last year in the body of a toddler buried 24,000 years ago in eastern Siberia.

These mysterious people are something of a missing link. The ancient north Eurasians “connect all modern Europeans and Native Americans,” Johannes Krause, a geneticist at the University of Tübingen and co-director of the Max Planck Institute for History and the Sciences in Germany, told Reuters.

The northern Eurasians were also related to the people who migrated more than 15,000 years ago across a frozen land bridge to the Americas – their DNA is genetically similar to Native Americans.

People living in different parts of Europe have different proportions of genes from the three groups. Scots and Estonians have more of the mysterious northern Eurasian group’s genes, while modern-day Sardinians have more in common with the ancient farmers that came from the Middle East. The big question now is to try and pinpoint where these Ancient North Eurasians made their first appearance.

link 1
link 2
link 3

Hi ladyt,
This might be of interest to you.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The genetic history of modern Europeans is a convoluted one.
Check out Dienekes anthropology blog, there are many good discussions of many papers there , dealing with these questions.
Current research shows that native Americans were the first split off of AMH. And there is good evidence native americans, some are direct descendants of homo sapiens neanderhal.
That evidence being, native americans are predominantly blood type O, O is ancestral to HSN.
Studies show that native americans from Mexico inherited the diabetes risk gene from Neanderthal.

(post by samsamm9 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Just a theory. I dont think any one race is more special or better than another, but the fact still remains that various hair colors such as blonde and red or eye colors like green or blue are more prevailant in caucasians than others. We are all able to breed with each other which proves we are all the same species and all equal, however I think it is highly probable that caucasians could be descendants of another genus of Homo than the original Africans.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: samsamm9

For all I know, the opposite could be true but I signed up for this site to express ideas. If I came off as offensive, it wasn't my intent but calling someone racist seems like the modern day witch hunt.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: RedMamba

Not to be overly prudish but as a stickler for details, it's actual a hypothesis not a theory that you're presenting. A theory is based on testable data whereas a hypothesis is an idea thrown out there waiting for data to he tested. As there isn't anything to support your hypothesis in either the fossil record or genetic record I'm kind of at a loss. All the data that nice read and studied the last 2 decades fully supports 'Out of Africa' There is absolutely nothing to support the thought that people of European descent are descended from any other member of the genus Homo(Homo is the genus) or any other genus period for that matter. If you've got something that supports your hypothesis aside from incredulousness I'd certainly love to check it out but as I said, all the data I've read and all the research I've done fully supports a direct African lineage for all members of the genus Homo. There's nothin wrong with having ancestry that originated in East Africa 160,000+ years ago.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: punkinworks10

Excellent suggestion and source for research in Dienkes blog. A lot of very interesting and useful info contained there. And speaking of Native Americans... I'm still working my way through "Across Atlantic Ice" I'm still on the fence regarding the Solutrean Hypothesis but there is some compelling and interesting research presented in the book. I'll have a few hours to spend on it Sunday on my flight home so hopefully I can wrap it up shortly.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

You are right, and im not a scientist or a scholar. My hypothesis is completely far fetched. If it is true that we all originated from the same place then it is even more reason that we should not focus on our differences and treat each other like brothers and sisters, because technically I think that makes us all related.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

a reply to: Spider879

Just a theory. I dont think any one race is more special or better than another, but the fact still remains that various hair colors such as blonde and red or eye colors like green or blue are more prevailant in caucasians than others. We are all able to breed with each other which proves we are all the same species and all equal, however I think it is highly probable that caucasians could be descendants of another genus of Homo than the original Africans.

That only make a lil bit of sense if you are counting Neanderthal genes found in some Eurasians however those genes are also prevalent in non Europeans such as New Guineans and others who are black dark or lite brown baige-yellowish etc that lived outside Africa and are non Europeans.

Melanesian or Black Asians

"Gladdy" Anderson & Stranger Cole both Jamaicans Gladdy is what is known both in Jamaica and Nigeria as Red Igbos,they have the highest occorance of freckles out side of Europe which is connected to Reddish hair although redheads are a minority even in Northern Europe among the Scots,and no they are not mixed with Europeans especially in the case of the Ibos of Nigeria.

Women at an Igbo Wedding Nigeria
radiobiafra.co...
Humans are varied in their looks what you imaged as one mass of same looking Africans or Asians Native Americans etc can look strikingly different to each other and how they see themselves,

Gratuitous musical interlude..

edit on 19-9-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

(post by FatherLukeDuke removed for a manners violation)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join