It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma residents: Passports will be required for domestic flights

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Because Oklahoma is like Ohio -- flat, open areas that restrict gun hunting due to the distance an unimpeded bullet can travel.

Therefore, crossbow hunting for deer is the only way to go.

And yes, this is totally OT, but you asked and I answered lol
edit on 9/18/2014 by halfpint0701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Yet another George W Bush law giving us headaches and limiting freedom!

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: halfpint0701
a reply to: eriktheawful

Aren't the Department of Veteran Affairs offices usually in federal buildings? And if not, aren't they still considered federal buildings on their own?

Will the VA ID card still be valid in that case? Or will that also fall under the need for a passport?

VA outpatient clinics and hospitals: No. Not a "federal" building. No ID required to enter them here.

The VA ID card is used to see what appointments you have, and your medical information. It's a picture ID too.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Right. I know you only need the VA ID for hospitals, clinics, etc.

But what if you need to go to the regional office? Like to apply or drop off a paper or something they request?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
No ID to vote? What's next? No ID to donate blood?

I saw a sign today for a blood drive from the local blood bank. It said to bring an ID.

EDIT TO ADD:

Oklahoma had 10 years to fall into compliance with this, so if your pissed about it talk to your politicians -- or drive to Texas and get an ID that complies with the law.
edit on 18-9-2014 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: halfpint0701
If one of the illegal immigrants wanted to become a citizen would they be denied access to federal buildings to fill out the forms and take the tests?
If they have to provide a real birth certificate to get a passport would Obama be denied access to any federal buildings?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I guess "they" can play games like this for a bit but I don't think it'll survive the first court challenge based on multiple constitutional rights violations.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

You do need an id to vote. It's called a voter registration card. You present it, and they mark you off the rolls.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Go oklahoma!

Sounds like this ammounts to a boycott of the federal government

And good

I have my ok id and it just got renewed last month so I got four years before I have to deal with this bs.

If they legalize this year I just might have to think of moving back

But dam the beach makes for fine living

Time will tell I guess

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
History repeats itself. I guess all the people saying "Stop watching bread and circuses" were correct.

As a society we made our own beds. Out of ignorance, fear of taking responsibility for our rights as well as the rights of others.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

a reply to: MystikMushroom

Because Oklahoma is like Ohio -- flat, open areas that restrict gun hunting due to the distance an unimpeded bullet can travel.

Therefore, crossbow hunting for deer is the only way to go.

And yes, this is totally OT, but you asked and I answered lol

To continue the OT: Wow, I had no idea crossbows were legal for everyone now. Last time I went out for deer (switched to duck season nowadays) crossbows were only allowed for the handicapped and/or elderly. You had to get a crossbow permit. After some quick digging, 2010 was the first season they were unrestricted. Archery season usually runs from the first of October through mid-January, while Muzzle Loader and Modern Firearm are only about a week or two each during November.

BTW, only the more northern areas of the state (esp the panhandle) are pool-table flat. *cough, Kansas* My area in the SW is full of rolling hills and dense trees, even some decent "mountain" hiking trails. A good majority of the deer bagged are taken with a modern bolt-action rifle.

On topic: Seems like I recall a big whoop about the real ID act from the religious fundamentalists claiming that the fingerprint/facial-recognition/whatever requirements were "the mark of the Beast" so, of course we refused to comply.
edit on 9182014 by CloudsTasteMetallic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: CloudsTasteMetallic

Yeah, it's a common myth that Oklahoma is flat. Go look at the terrain on Google Earth.

Like you said, crossbows are legal for everyone now - including convicted felons, so far as I know. More accessibility makes it more popular.

re: ID - this is going to be a pain in the butt for family members who fly more. I don't care for flying so much, but when I do it'll be a pain for me!

edit on 13Thu, 18 Sep 2014 13:15:32 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago9 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Right. I know you only need the VA ID for hospitals, clinics, etc.

But what if you need to go to the regional office? Like to apply or drop off a paper or something they request?

Where I live, most of these offices are located in State or County buildings. There are no "federal" buildings here. But that is in my county or town.

Paper work for medical is taken care of at the medical centers themselves. Veteran Affairs is located in a brand new building that the county built (also has where you go to pay property taxes, county public works, etc all in one building).

I'm sure there are some federal buildings in Columbia (federal court house maybe, FBI offices).

Oh, I think there is one or 2 federal prisons here, have to look that up though.

There are military bases, but of course, you're not just going to walk into those with just a state ID, passport or even this REAL ID, hehehe.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Heres a little snippet that I feel might be relevant. It sure smells a little funny to me. I'd like to find out who lobbied for this bill to pass...

A “machine readable zone” that will allow for the easy capture of all the data on the ID by stores or anyone else with a reader

www.realnightmare.org...

ETA: the more I think about this the more I wonder. Is this akin to a microchip that could be used to track your every move? Will they pass laws requiring everyone to carry one at all times? Maybe harass someone entering or exiting cities, buses, businesses etc. if they are not carrying their card?

Scary stuff right there. But I guess if you don't have anything to hide it shouldn't bother you,.. Right.
edit on 18-9-2014 by Quauhtli because: ...

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

Passports cost $135 for a passport, $110 for a renewal, $105 for a minor (under 16) compared to a state ID (non-drivers) at $20 - which the majority of the populous already has, as ID is required for everything.

Therefore, a normal couple who would like to visit the wifes parents who happen to live out of state (They retired in Florida) to be with her mother for their two week vacation and take the kids to Bush Gardens ect while they are there, will now spend several hundred dollars just for the passports.

That has made plane travel prohibitive, for normal people who might leave the state once every year or three or four.

Before I left for Europe Chicago prices 2013 were:
Passports cost $300 for a passport, $200 for a renewal, $150 for a minor (under 16) compared to a state ID (non-drivers) at $20, drivers license went from 20 to 30 to now 50, with a renewal every 2 years and not 4.
Would like to point out that few places in Chicago take passports as ID, especially clubs.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Because Oklahoma never signed on to the fed's RealID Act, a driver's license will no longer be accepted as ID to get past TSA screening OR to enter a federal building. Residents will be required to get a passport for these things.

My question now is, what about the people who owe over $2500 in back child support who are barred from receiving a passport? Even when they have a payment plan in place, money is coming directly out of their paychecks, and they need one for work, their exemption request is likely denied. Now these same people won't be able to even enter a fed building if they need to. What if they need to drop off or pick up tax papers? Or heck, even showing up for a court date?

This seems like it could be a very large Catch-22 for people.

Link

Oh the Felons are gonna love having their right to travel restricted since they cannot get passports.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

This is the same government that says you don't need an ID to vote, but you need a passport to enter a federal building?

*facepalm*

One is a Constitutional issue the other is not. Making it hard for certain people to fly is not in the Constitution, making it hard for certain people to vote is. You can thank that silly Constitution.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

originally posted by: beezzer

This is the same government that says you don't need an ID to vote, but you need a passport to enter a federal building?

*facepalm*

One is a Constitutional issue the other is not. Making it hard for certain people to fly is not in the Constitution, making it hard for certain people to vote is. You can thank that silly Constitution.

Awesome!

So I shouldn't need an ID for a firearm.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
This...

So much this

A thousand stars for that rebuttal if I could beezer. But I cant star

a reply to: beezzer

edit on pm920143008America/ChicagoThu, 18 Sep 2014 20:58:09 -0500_9u by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Duh-Der-Der. This isn't Oklahoma telling it's people they need a passport to enter a Federal Building, it's the Federal Government PUNISHING Oklahoma for not falling in line with something they disagree with.

*facepalm*

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join