It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please vote Yes Scotland...so we can all move forward.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I wonder if a yes vote passes how many houses get put up for sale in a week.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74
There will be folk who wish to jump ship from an independent Scotland of course, and I'll welcome them.
If they support the same team as me and want to shape change which is better for us all then I welcome them, and will totally understand why they don't want to run with independence over the union.
At least in the event of a yes vote everyone left is committed to a fairer United Kindom for us all...no more distracting independence folk who have no interest in supporting a fair and working union.

*Edit*
I'm off out now so no more replies from me until tomorrow. My present hopes are for an overwhelming No vote or a slim Yes, for all the reasons I've expressed in this thread...I guess we can start the new debate tomorrow. Good luck to all of us on these islands, but I'll say now, whatever the make up of the nation I wake up in tomorrow, I shall support that nation over any other...It is the nation I live in.
That is the nature of competing foreign countries, I will support mine, not those who choose to leave..

edit on 18-9-2014 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: boymonkey74
There will be folk who wish to jump ship from an independent Scotland of course, and I'll welcome them.
If they support the same team as me and want to shape change which is better for us all then I welcome them, and will totally understand why they don't want to run with independence over the union.
At least in the event of a yes vote everyone left is committed to a fairer United Kindom for us all...no more distracting independence folk who have no interest in supporting a fair and working union.

*Edit*
I'm off out now so no more replies from me until tomorrow. My present hopes are for an overwhelming No vote or a slim Yes, for all the reasons I've expressed in this thread...I guess we can start the new debate tomorrow. Good luck to all of us on these islands, but I'll say now, whatever the make up of the nation I wake up in tomorrow, I shall support that nation over any other...It is the nation I live in.
That is the nature of competing foreign countries, I will support mine, not those who choose to leave..

Careful now, you're starting to sound like a nationalist and defeating every thing you've just ranted about.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: helldiver
Haha! Took a glance while brushing my teeth after I'd logged out and logged back on to reply.
My position is clear, if there are people who passionately do not wish to be part of my country then I will prefer them being independent and restricted from distracting from attempts to reform my own country for the better.
If that is nationalistic then so be it but I have no choice about the country I live in so I only want those who share good wishes for my country to share it with me.
A strong No vote will be lovely as we can all move on together to make the UK a better place. A slim Yes vote is better to me than a slim No which leaves all the independence supporters still here bitching and distracting from improving the union.

I hope that clarifies things, but I see no reason for me to be 'careful' with such an honest opinion.
Have a good night, I'm off for a few pints and a game of pool...I'll check the result when my alarm goes off in the morning, then we can have an interesting debate about the newly or re-defined UK which exists after the votes have been counted.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass
Not so fast...

I would not pay much attention to a reporter who cannot spell Sterling. The article is a bit too heavy on the "if" and the "fantasy".

To the OP.

If Scotland votes "yes" then they will be treated as an economic competitor and will suffer accordingly. There will be a pull out of the large number of civil service posts (350,000) that support UK affairs. Scotland will go to the dogs and they (the nationalist politicians) know it.

If Scotland votes "yes" / "no", then the UK will be subject to a serious political change - a welcome change.

We'll know in a couple of hours. Personally I'm a "no" man as I have friends in Scotland who also think "no". Boy have they stories to tell about the nationalist zealots.

Regards

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Honestly I hope the Scots split with the UK. Yes, I know you guys share and Isle, but the UK needs to be knocked down a peg or two in reality.

Scots splitting will open the door for Ireland to split too. Maybe both countries can kick the banksters out and have a makeover Iceland style so at least they can do what so many other nations have given up - MAINTAIN SOVEREIGNTY. It may be tough the first five years, but Scots are tough as nails and can get er' done. Maybe this type of drasticness will help Britain get their shyt together.

At least if Scots/Irish split they won't be apart of the EU. However, I wonder what the UK/US alliance will do to them in blatant response to such defiance. I don't see Iceland out the woods yet, we have no idea how they will be punished for their defiance of a central banking system in years to come either.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Whether it's Yes or No the Scots have started a national debate across the UK for change, including English MPs calling for an English Parliament.

As I've said on another thread, perhaps all four UK countries have devolved governments and we just use Westminster for defence and foreign policy.

To the poster that says the UK needs to be knocked down a peg or two, where are you from? It's not the Brits fault for what our elitist politicians do, all political parties are the same now in the UK and no one seems to honour their parties manifesto pledges. Your comments are an attack on all Brits.

Edit - Ireland splitting from the UK? Not sure if you follow British Politics but Northern Ireland have to many unionist for them to leave the union. That will hopefully change one day and it joins with the Republic of Ireland as is meant to be. But this won't happen just because the Scots vote Yes.

edit on 18.9.2014 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Latest Opinion Polls suggests 54% Scots vote no, 46% voted yes
The Guardian has live updates here for those without cable news or not near a tv but has internet.

edit on 9/18/2014 by AllSourceIntel because: corrected information

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco
Whether it's Yes or No the Scots have started a national debate across the UK for change, including English MPs calling for an English Parliament.

As I've said on another thread, perhaps all four UK countries have devolved governments and we just use Westminster for defence and foreign policy.

To the poster that says the UK needs to be knocked down a peg or two, where are you from? It's not the Brits fault for what our elitist politicians do, all political parties are the same now in the UK and no one seems to honour their parties manifesto pledges. Your comments are an attack on all Brits.

Edit - Ireland splitting from the UK? Not sure if you follow British Politics but Northern Ireland have to many unionist for them to leave the union. That will hopefully change one day and it joins with the Republic of Ireland as is meant to be. But this won't happen just because the Scots vote Yes.

I've lived all over - lived in 6 months in UK during my DJ days (good gigs in London).
I do blame the Brits for what their elitist politicians do. A revolution never stops and the one that was in full swing against Thatcher just fell apart with no real rebuttal. If no one seems to honor thier parties manifesto pledges, why don't the people get more drastic and force them to, or ELSE? In Italy, when the people have had enough, they drag their politicians out and revolt/kill them. Check their history. Berlusconi got cold cocked in the head at an event and was bleeding! Maybe England needs to show some balls and kick the aggression in.

Brits are very nationalistic, which is a change considering I come from "Murica" and the idea of nationalism really doesn't exist unless a politician is campaigning. We still have racial problems that force people like myself to go to other countries for a different world view and experience. Like the US, the Brits are standing passive; I give them credit for still discussing the problems at hand and trying to come to a solution.

However, when you let Muslims come in and annex their own area and the people don't go in and "break it up" I question their motivation on change. In America revolution is stomped out, leaders demonized and killed - check the Weather Underground, The Black Panthers, SLA, etc. Punishment is based on race, still. Overseas while race can be an issue it isn't a prevailing issue when dealing with matters of state like in America.

I want the Brits to get offended. Your politicians have been sanctioning war in your names for hundreds of years. From your part in the Scramble for Africa/slave trade, to the colonizing of other lands like Australia and influencing India, there is blood on your silent mouths too. Now your unified neighbors want out. Let them get out.

As I said, maybe it will give time to correct the dirty washings at home. Start with that Monarchy BS and raid their treasures/money, and then wash your Parliament out with bleach. Then if the Brits can do that maybe Scotland will stay.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
1.06am BST
'Electoral fraud'

Counters in Glasgow are looking through ballot papers looking for 10 possible cases of electoral fraud, Libby Brooks reports.

Ten ballot papers are suspected of having been cast through impersonation - where an individual presents themselves at the polling station only to find that their name has already been crossed off the register and that someone appears to have voted in their place.

Count officials say that they know which ballot boxes these papers came from, and counters are now going through to match the serial numbers of the offending papers.

This is of course a criminal offence, so counters are using blue gloves in order not to contaminate the papers further with fingerprints.

Electoral officials point out that there are only ten cases in a count of around 483,000 and that these incidents should be kept in perspective.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

Well, it looks like we can all go back to doing non-trivial things now.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

Here's a few charts I made this morning. The left is a linear trend line, projecting Islam to be 10% of English population by 2060, and the right is an exponential trend line, which is based upon the change in delta-v year to year. Truly, I don't believe the entire Christian and atheist population of your country is elastic enough for all of them to convert that rapidly, but conversion is picking up speed. In reality, the real numbers will end up falling somewhere between these two extremes. If I had to guess, I'd say that by the end of my lifetime, Islam will comprise 15% of England. That isn't nothing and if 4% is already causing political changes for your country imagine what 15% will do. In the grand scope of the world, a 10% shift over a 50 year period is lightning speed.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nechash
a reply to: Whereismypassword

Here's a few charts I made this morning. The left is a linear trend line, projecting Islam to be 10% of English population by 2060, and the right is an exponential trend line, which is based upon the change in delta-v year to year. Truly, I don't believe the entire Christian and atheist population of your country is elastic enough for all of them to convert that rapidly, but conversion is picking up speed. In reality, the real numbers will end up falling somewhere between these two extremes. If I had to guess, I'd say that by the end of my lifetime, Islam will comprise 15% of England. That isn't nothing and if 4% is already causing political changes for your country imagine what 15% will do. In the grand scope of the world, a 10% shift over a 50 year period is lightning speed.

Not sure if this is even on topic but i think your projection for 2060 is way way off, I would say shave at least twenty to thirty years off that date.

And I have been wanting to ask you, what is the picture in your avatar? is it a virus?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

That is a transport pathway established by a molecular filament (the green rope at the bottom of the image). The walking object is a motorized protein which consume ATP to power its locomotion. It is attached to a vesicle filled with proteins to be delivered either to the golgi aparatus from the endoplasmi reticulum or to the cell membrane from the golgi aparatus.

I believe in evolution sort of insofar as I believe that life develops in a progressive manner following natural and predictable laws, but I believe some type of intelligence is involved and can seemingly spontaneously leap forward the stability and level of complexity in atomic and organic forms. There is no explanation for punctuated equilibrium within the theory of evolution. The only explanation is that some intelligent force is acting upon nature, imposing its will upon our reality and improving upon life, upgrading things in sudden bursts intermittently across time.

Extracellular life forms require transport proteins such as this to exist and yet there is nothing to suggest that monocellular or collonial life forms are capable of this level of complexity and even the simplest multicellular life form is an huge leap ahead of bacteria and the like.

Where are the vestiges of evolution? Where are the half-functioning motor proteins and the wasteful failures that do nothing to add to the quality of an organisms life? The appendix is probably the only inch of our entire body that seems to serve no function and even it seems to have been capable of detoxifying certain compounds that our ancestors may have eaten.

Personally, I don't follow any of the mainstream schools of intelligent design because they are all abrahamic, but I do think there is room in this world for a Deistic appologist. Looking at the nature of reality, our creator is infinitely more intelligent, patient, creative, elegant and liberty loving than any of the monotheistic religions would have us believe.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

Thanks for the info, find it fascinating

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

You can make a .gif from any youtube video simply by typing gif just before youtube.com so it reads www.gifyoutube.com/whateverurlforthevideoyouwanttoconvert.

This only allows for a maximum of a 10 second clip, but it is much easier than messing with downloading the video, converting it and editing it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join