It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufo chasing off another Ufo-puzzling sighting

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Hi Ats members.I thought I'd post this sighting the husband and myself had,towards the end of July this year,it was a Thursday night,just after sunset,I recall.Propably the 2nd to last Thursday of July.We see quite a bit of ufo activity here,it's sort of a normal thing by now,so I don't bother to write down dates,exact times etc.

Anyway,as we were sitting out in the yard,just enjoying the evening,chatting about everyday stuff,I was looking down,petting one of our cats-the husband said:"Look at That" and as I looked up I saw what looked like one of those "moving stars" that so many people see.But it was bigger and a bit brighter than the normal moving/jumping around stars(we have seen those also,often and they are smaller and less bright) This thing was moving fairly fast,in a very erratic way,then occasionally it would stop,change course to higher or lower altitude,it would seem to "leapfrog" over unseen things in it's path(unseen to me+the husband) even reversing sometimes,going back a bit,all kinds of maneouvres.The husband said to me:"That is a bona fide ufo-there is no earthly aircraft that can do that"

To which I may add:Nothing conventional that we know of,as South African citizens and civilians,nothing we are privy to-though I guess it's not inconceivable that a top-secret prototype American design exist,that can do such maneouvres-though I can't see why they would be testing it over South Africa.

So I was walking towards the point in the sky where it was,slowly in the dark yard,watching it's erratic course and maneouvres,when my husband shouted:'Jesus,look behind you!" And my jaw just about dropped-there was another craft coming,bigger and much brighter than the first "moving star" Ufo-and it was coming out of the SW point,but at astonishing speed.This craft covered the whole distance from the SW sector to the East in seconds,no erratic jumps,stops and starts ,reversing and changes in course-that thing was hauling ass like you won't believe-hyperspeed,till it got to rhe East sector of the sky.Then it paused for a second or two,and started to descend,it seemed to be drawing a line in the sky.The way the descent went:it seemed to be going down in a straight line,but also into the "backfield" not towards the ground,but swooping into the depth behind it(as in dimensions of heighth,sideways,depth etc sorry I'm not good at explaining things in a scientific way) but I guess into the backfield gives an idea.We could see it then retreating into the backfield and dim and we lost sight of it.

The first Ufo,the one with the erratic course had by now gone into the North sector of the sky,where we still saw it for a while,flying around,again seeming to jump over things,it's position changing course from higher to lower altitude,stopping and reversing etc.I had to start dinner so we went in and left off watching.I posted this because I wanted to see if other members had seen something similar.It really did seem like the bigger superfast craft was chasing off the first one.

And to save some members the time,we don't own a video camera-the most sophisticated piece of tech I can afford is my blackberry,which was in the house.Anyone posting to say that that myself and the husband are druggies/alkies/daft in the head-your opinion is duly noted in advance,and you're certainly entitled to it but don't expect to be acknowledged by me.So yeah,for what it's worth-a very astounding sighting,if anyone has witnessed something like this,it would be appreciated to hear from you.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

We see quite a bit of ufo activity here,it's sort of a normal thing by now,so I don't bother to write down dates,exact times etc.

Or record on video?

If this kind of activity in my hood was "sort of normal", I would be sitting outside with a camera in my lap every night.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
....to get crappy videos with light orbs, that will be ripped apart as a fake/hoax here on ats, from people that first asked for that video?

If I were her, I would not hassle to record but watch. In the end, its always the same result, either unexplainable and the thread dies, or hoax, and the thread dies.

Edit: Lately I saw someone stating that no intelligent being would sort of make these strange movements (zigzag) because they would choose the route from A to B. Kind of funny statement when you consider that this is the only thing that would differ them from known human aircrafts (known human aircrafts)
edit on 18-9-2014 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Moving points of light in the sky or "moving/jumping around stars" are usually satellites with the perceived erratic motion being caused by autokinetic effect.

Alexander von Humboldt observed the phenomenon in 1799 while looking at stars with the naked eye, but thought it was a real movement of the stars. Thus he named them "Sternschwanken" i.e. "Swinging Stars". It was not until 1857 that G. Schweitzer (Schweitzer, 1857), an early German psychologist, discovered that is was a subjective phenomenon. The US Navy started studying this in 1945 in order to explain vertigo experiences related by pilots. Today this "kinetic illusion" is categorized as a vestibular-induced illusion, see vestibular system. Many sightings of UFOs have also been attributed to the autokinetic effect's action on looking at stars or planets
Autokinetic effect

While I'm not saying what you saw were definitely satellites that has to be a possibility.

edit on 18-9-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex
swinging is the word.
www.rap.ucar.edu...

Will show you how non-eratic swinging can be. Consider the path from the viewpoint from ground and all you get is a very small part of that sinewave like motion. Be careful though, the map they use is not in ratio and the continents are not like that in real size.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

The satellite is for all intents and purposes traveling in a straight line it's the autokinetic effect caused by the human eye that can give the appearance of erratic movement.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I agree, but it depends on how much the erratic movement is displayed. Making little jumps would be one thing, totally going out of the way(line) that´s supposed to be following and in such speed differences (drawing a line behind it, then come to a near stop) is another thing. I posted that because at a certain point, the autokinetic effect cant be held accountable, I saw such behavior several times in my life.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Does the autokinetic effect make the satellites speed up, stop, slow down, change altitude, and travel across the sky in mere seconds?

2nd

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   

But if one is viewing the object against a starry background, does the Autokinetic effect still apply? With stars in the background there is now a reference point.

Dex

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

Stars are always in the background if you can see satellites, and the autokinetic effect is all about stars, I think you got that wrong.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

When I did a quick search on "auto kinetic effect satellite," I came across this posting:

This question arises from time to time. I do not know about autokinetic, but it
is a common optical illusion. I found it most pronounced when observing bright,
slow-moving satellites, like the old Pageos balloon, which is no longer in
orbit.

Terence Dickinson offered this explanation in his astronomy field guide,
NightWatch:

"Whether satellites have a steady or fluctuating brightness, most novice
observers agree that they do not appear to move across the sky in perfectly
straight lines. There seems to be a perceptible waviness to their paths, a
jerkiness in speed as they glide through the starry background. In fact, these
oscillations are in the mind, not the sky. The satellites actually move in
precise linear paths at an even velocity.

The human brain likes to link patterns into a recognizable image. This is done
instantaneously in daily life. However, looking at one moving light in a
randomly dotted black sky, the brain constantly tries to produce these patterns
but fails. What are thought to be oscillations in the satellite's path are
really the unconscious workings of the mind trying to make sense out of an
unfamiliar visual environment. The result is, in effect, an optical illusion."

satobs.org

So, perhaps it wasn't exactly the auto kinetic effect, but these oscillations tend to be an optical illusion just the same.

Dex

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   

….to get crappy videos with light orbs, that will be ripped apart as a fake/hoax here on ats, from people that first asked for that video?

There is real crappy orb video?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Thank you for your replies everyone.

Intrptr-i really cannot afford a video camera-in my country everything is extremely expensive,t's not like America.That's why I said the most expensive tech I could afford is a blackberry-and I had to save for 3 months to get that.Besides,just about everytime I've seen footage of ufo's posted,most folks still don't believe it's a ufo+call the poster a hoaxer-when/if I have money for such luxuries,I would far rather buy a telescope,but it's highly unlikely that I will ever have the funds for that-so I'm satisfied to just see the ufo's we see and mention it sometimes on appropriate sites/forums-those who have seen them,will relate,others won't.I cannot expect my family to literally live on bread and butter for a month,to try and record something that will be dismissed anyway.

About the sattelite theory-yes we see a lot of them out here too-and I have noticed that some have that "float/wobble" motion.But this first ufo stopped,reversed,made notceable jumps,what I called "leapfrog" motions,it went from a higher position,then to a lower position in the sky-it was completely erratic.I have been watching sattelites for years,my personal spiritual time is from sunset,I always spend at least an hour or two outside at night unless it's raining,so I see sattelites on a daily basis,and although there may be deviations in speed and brightness,they never do these types of frenetic and erratic moves.They always fly in a nore or less straight line,with some of that wobbly floaty motion sometimes,this was definitely not a sattelite.And what the 2nd Ufo was I don't have the foggiest idea,except it was flying at incredible speed,was unidentified-and it did a maneouvre like I described in the OP,which is also something I have never seen any sattelite-or other ufo,do.

Thanks again everyone for your replies,nice day to you.reply to: Raxoxane

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
a reply to: DexterRiley

Stars are always in the background if you can see satellites, and the autokinetic effect is all about stars, I think you got that wrong.

autokinetic effect
illusory movement of a single still object, usually a stationary pinpoint of light used in psychology experiments in dark rooms. As one stares at a fixed point of light, one's eye muscles become fatigued, causing a slight eye movement. Without the usual reference points available in the everyday environment, the movement of the image on the retina is perceived as its actual movement in space
dictionary.reference.com...

It occurs with a point of light against a dark background , it's also something I've experienced myself while watching stars and satellites.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Thanks for posting the account of your experience.

It appears that you are quite familiar with the vagarities of satellite viewing, so I think what you saw was something unusual. Also since both you and your husband saw the same event, I think that would tend to rule out a subjective experience like the optical illusions we were discussing.

A few questions for you:
1. Where are you located in South Africa?
2. Do you remember the approximate date of this sighting? What time of the evening?
3. You indicated that you have seen UFOs before. How often? Were the behaviors of those UFOs similar to these?

Thanks,

Dex

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

The satellite is for all intents and purposes traveling in a straight line it's the autokinetic effect caused by the human eye that can give the appearance of erratic movement.

You are confusing how the eye may "see" a stationary star to move around in an erratic fashion with the absolutely steady progression of a moving satellite that slides across the heavens with no deviation from a straight line. Fantastic! Our master debunker would be proud!

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

You´re correct with what you bolted, that was a false statement from me. However, we´re talking about looking into the sky in this thread.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

You are confusing how the eye may "see" a stationary star to move around in an erratic fashion with the absolutely steady progression of a moving satellite that slides across the heavens with no deviation from a straight line.

I have observed the effect myself , so have others.

What are thought to be oscillations in the satellite's path are really the unconscious workings of the mind trying to make sense out of an unfamiliar visual environment. The result is, in effect, an optical illusion."
Satellite observing and the autokinetic illusion

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
The first true stage in disclosure will be when our world Militarists disclose what they or we have.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
"That is a bona fide ufo-there is no earthly aircraft that can do that"

Very interesting stuff Raxoxane. I saw very similar once, never mentioned it on this site as have no footage. Ufo literally firing at another ufo. So strange. It actually looked like I was watching that 80's game Asteroids. Distant lights in the sky but seemingly in combat, maybe the sky is where Atari got the idea?
edit on 18-9-2014 by ufoorbhunter because: Pressed the button

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join