It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We don't need jobs, stop believing this lie

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I get what you mean and totally agree from a purely philosophical perspective.
But people need food, shelter, clothes plus other basics, running water etc etc.
The way the system/game is set up means that we all must have a job just to live our lives.
We need to completely change this, we could achieve so much together as a species and could change the world and ourselves for the better.

Sadly the game is rigged and those at the top with power and money and control - well they're not giving it up anytime soon.
And neither do 90% of people want to give up their lifestyles nor do they even care or think about this stuff.
It is just a dream OP - a grand dream but a dream all the same.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   

I do the same. Yet I find myself with both free time and money to spend (granted not a lot, but some).
I work in the performing arts on the backstage end, not an area known for good pay.

May I ask how it is you do not have some available cash after a 60 hour work week?
And calculating in 8 hours sleep, you still have 30% of your week dedicated to studies of your own choosing.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   

I actually like the angle you've taken here..

Although if doctors, surgeons etc. adopted this way of thinking it wouldn't be very successful.

But there once was a time when there was no such thing as a paying job and I'm sure things were alright back then..

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme
a reply to: tavi45

In the times I am doing everyday chores my mind is not on pushing a vacuum or folding clothes. You can and probably do other things while doing chores, including cooking.
Commute is the same thing, you could be listening to CDs (or tapes) about learning a new language or whatever. Or find a job closer to home/ move closer to work.

Retired people have pensions or other means of receiving money, because of the work they did. Their costs are the same (except for senior discounts at certain restaurants).

I am all for the idea of giving everyone enough cash (resources really) to meet basic needs. The question I have would be how do we fund it?

It would be funded by the rest of us either working to pay for it, or letting them live in our houses for free.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Mmmmm, some people need care workers to feed them, bathe them and even wipe their backsides when they have been to the toilet....

Is a robot going to do these things with as much dignity and care as what a human would?

I was also young once and believed that I shouldn't have to go to work, but as I got older I realised that if I didn't work then I couldn't go on my holidays, I couldn't buy food and bathing products and then I would start to smell and have no friends....

So I went to work..........
edit on 18-9-2014 by davethebear because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   

The problems started when paper pushers started outnumbering everything.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   
100% agree with you, however, in that more creative and volunteering state that would exist, how to ensure its abundance and not some terrible elitist cruel system in its place.

I want an upgraded wonderful system without money and without slavery, and with clean high tech. But I also know who runs this world.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I think a lot of people missed the OP's point, probably because its in the wrong section ^^

We do really not need jobs. We are wasting our time making money for things we don't really need. Yet if there is something we need, such as healthcare, we could "pay" it by using barter - which means that we would have to have something to trade with. That makes it easy for some women (yes, some men too), but what about the rest of us? We still would have to "do something" in order to "get something". Which leads us to working, even if it is for trade - it would still be considered a job. Oh shut, he is wrong.

On a side-note, he is actually right. As long as there are food-stamps and free social benefits, you really don't need a job. You just let others work for you. I mean, it works in the US right, and everyone is happy. And then you can talk with your friends about football all day, and eat BBQ in the house you don't own and I paid for. There is nothing wrong with that. We just need to find more people who can work more efficiently instead of us.

I think he has a good starting point. And on a personal note, I really hate sarcasm.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   

We king of had this dream back in the 1960/70s when 'technology started to come into the fore. We all thought we would have far more leisure time whilst the machines did the work. What we hadn't accounted for, because it was either so well hidden or not as entensive as it is now, was the greed of so few to exploit the people and not share a fair proportion of the wealth around society.

Unless you were in your teens in those days you wouldn't probably understand the optimism we all had and its a great shame on the souls of the greedy that this hasn'[t happened.

I do believe that the church is behind a lot of stopping people from experimenting with their spirituality because were enough peoplke to deal direct with god who on earth would need a pope and the rest of the befrocked lazy decepters.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   

i agree..alot of people have jobs and remain highly under productive and unhappy....if people did what they wanted to do ...did what their passions led them too...we could have excellent doctors,landscapers etc....if we used the technology available to us to reduce the menial tasks and allowed people to be free we could all work togethor to better ourselves and the world around us...

a better way to put it is that people would be able to follow their hobbies...this would make people happier and much more productive and much more would get done and for the right reasons.....

i doubt very much the majority of people would simply want to sit around and do nothing...sure some would but that is human nature.....this system of slavery just makes people sad and lazy...also provides people with a sense of entitlement ....we work against each other and clearly this is a crappy system...but it benefits the few and thats how they like it

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
No we don't need jobs. This is one of the biggest distractions used against us. We need to work together and allow technology to replace jobs as a goal for humanity.

The job paradigm is to keep us focused on the economy which is to distract us from something...

They want to keep us from pursuing spirituality and to keep us from being curious as to our origins. It's a tool to divide us and pit us against each other.

Someone wants to keep us busy, But why?

Understand this.

We were on this path back in 1215 until the monarchies came up with the Magna Carta to keep power amongst themselves since barter and trade was eliminating their influence.

Governments now do the same thing.

I dig your commentary; homeless people are out there everyday - some work, most don't and they have to barter and trade to make it work, so it can be done.

All we have to do is figure out how to make energy free ala Telsa and we good.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   

I wholeheartedly agree.

Self-sufficiency should be prioritized.

Edible wild plants

How to build a bow and arrows

How to build a shelter in wilderness

Hw to produce electricity for light

edit on 18-9-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I would go crazy without any job, seriously. Some people really enjoy their job, of course there are jobs that no one enjoy though, they should be given to robots.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Thebel

I go crazy when I have a job.

I actually am more depressed when I don't have the time to be with my friends, the time to enjoy life, the time to consider all the great problems of physics, the time to consider the universe's mysteries, the time to write my novels.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Interesting thoughts.

I am self employed, general building and property maintenance, I get paid money for my services.
So I ask, in this utopian world you speak of, how exactly is it organised?
For example buildings will still lose roof slates/tiles during storms, and require repair by someone with the tools and skills.
Right now, I use money as a token of exchange to buy tools, equipment, and materials from building suppliers.
The building supply companies use money to buy their products from the manufacturers.
Manufacturing companies use money to buy raw materials.
All the businesses use money to trade with each other and buy the time/skills/knowledge of their workers.
Workers use their money to pay people like me to fix their roof after a storm. The circle continues.

Take the token of exchange out of the cycle then how does it work?
Do you have bartering communes around the world, for example some quarrying slate and just giving it to a commune of roofing slate manufacturers? Do the truck drivers do it for free, how was the truck paid for, how were the workers who built the trucks rewarded?

How do I buy the finished slates off the building supply company, do they just give them to me? How do I pay for my roofing ladder? What do I even charge for repairing the roof?

I like the idea, but unless you can clarify how it actually works in practice I shall just assume it is a dreamland of "Yes, I'll plaster that wall for you...that'll be 16 cabbages, 6 eggs, and a freshly baked apple pie please".

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I can't wait for a high tech toilet that really updates the ancient porcelain invention. and some lazer ray so i can save all that time of mundane butt wiping. but that would probably take a huge amount of work to finance, invent, mass produce and market.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Jobs aren't a "goal" for humanity; they are a necessity for society. Even if you take money out of the equation, there are going to be jobs that need to get done. You like having running water in your home? You like electricity? Do you appreciate the fact that you have a home? Do you like being able to drive? For you to enjoy any of these luxuries, somebody has to have a job.

To say we don't need jobs is to say we don't need any standard of living; lets all go die under a rock!

In truth, as society becomes more complex, the demand for jobs which allow it to maintain its complexity grows. Somebody has to work. Technology isn't all that it's cracked up to be. You still need people to operate machinery, you need people to program systems. Technology eliminates many labor intensive jobs, but it is not at the point where it can operate autonomously in a matter that benefits society.
edit on 18-9-2014 by DestroyDestroyDestroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
No we don't need jobs. This is one of the biggest distractions used against us. We need to work together and allow technology to replace jobs as a goal for humanity.

The job paradigm is to keep us focused on the economy which is to distract us from something...

They want to keep us from pursuing spirituality and to keep us from being curious as to our origins. It's a tool to divide us and pit us against each other.

Someone wants to keep us busy, But why?

Understand this.

Actually you kind of answered your own question. It is so that we dont have the time to work on our spirituality. The deeper and meaningful answer can be found by looking up 'Kali Yuga', there is an abundance of information regarding this age more so than any other ages. This will explain a lot of what we are facing and what we are yet to face. Im not sure how much more i can help, because i too am facing the same dilemma. I thought i can share what i found. Hope this helps in some way.
edit on 18-9-2014 by f0xbat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
You are correct in your assessment. However, someone else already has a head start on what you are saying if I didn't understand you wrong.

Ever heard of Ubuntu movement in South Africa? At least they are trying hard and you can still have your Ferrari if its the thing that's missing to make you happy.
At least their concept sounds enticing...

Ubuntu party site

Michael Tellinger also seems like an interesting figure, here is a video featuring him, ubuntu and ancient aliens. Enjoy!

Michael Tellinger : Ancient technology and the Ubuntu movement

edit on 18-9-2014 by TatTvamAsi because: Typos corrected

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

No job no money. No money no shelter/food. No shelter/food -> death.
unless you expect someone else to work and earn money for you.
by that, you take time from the individuals that could work less if they did not have to feed you, in the current system.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join