It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman jumps into crocodile pit to commit suicide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

A 65-year-old Thai woman removed her shoes on Friday and then committed suicide by jumping into a crocodile-filled pond, witnesses tell police who today confirmed the death.

Wanpen Inyai was discovered missing earlier that day by her family, who described the Bangkok woman as depressed. Staff at the Samutprakarn Crocodile Farm and Zoo used sticks to unsuccessfully try to end the attack.

The Bangkok Post reports that the 10-foot-deep pond she jumped into housed more than 1,000 crocodiles, dozens of which descended on her. Police found her health care card floating in the pond the next day; DNA tests on samples of tissue found at the scene confirmed her identity.

The BBC reports it's the second verified suicide at the farm, which is home to what it says is more than 100,000 crocodiles: A woman committed suicide in the same manner there in 2002.

The Post notes that the pond in question is surrounded by a fence, and that the farm employs guards tasked with keeping tourists safe. (Earlier this year, a suicidal man tried to get another kind of animal to kill him.)

Source

DAMN! WTF is wrong with people? I, for one, wouldn't wanna go like this? The fact that this isn't an isolated incident has me baffled.

Perhaps she watched one too many zombie movies and thought she'd like to experience being eaten alive. Or, maybe she thought the crocs weren't being fed enough. Any professional theories as to why?

Sorry if this has already been posted. I searched on ATS and found nothing.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
This topic is being followed here. Please add to that thread.

Closed.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
she apparently had an obvious and willful deathwish.

a tank of crocs would be bit by bit, until the'end'.

nah. I'd rather just go in one fell swoop, despite and no matter the manner or method involved/used...

???

join