It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS bans math, social studies for children

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

(CNN) -- In swaths of Syria now controlled by ISIS, children can no longer study math or social studies. Sports are out of the question. And students will be banned from learning about elections and democracy.
Instead, they'll be subjected to the teachings of the radical Islamist group. And any teacher who dares to break the rules "will be punished."
ISIS revealed its new educational demands in fliers posted on billboards and on street poles. The Sunni militant group has captured a slew of Syrian and Iraqi cities in recent months as it tries to establish a caliphate, or Islamic state, spanning Sunni parts of both countries.
In the letter, ISIS said alternative courses will be added.

ISIS bans math, social studies for children

I'd love enter the minds of some of the leaders of ISIS just to have some understanding of their mindset, but then again, it might warp my mind.

I'm really lost for words on this one.

Why would anyone do this? Just to dumb down the people to control them maybe? Are they really trying to go back to the stone-age or what?

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TerrorAlertRed

If they really wanted to screw over the kid's educations in the controlled territory they would implement Common Core.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Social studies leads to thinking, thinking leads to talking, talking leads to opening your mouth. Don't open your mouth. Shut and praise Allah you ignorant fool, or become an infidel. And we will kill you, or force you into exhale.

We are freeing you from western oppression.

Yay us, yay IS.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Ok well no need for military interventions then!

Without maths they wont be able to handle any complex weapon systems!

Social Darwinism will take care of them not the military.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

The less humans know and understand, the stronger God is.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Why would anyone be surprised at this?

Let's hope the mad little furry thing is correct in his take on this.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Then they can all apply for university with a general education in radical islam. OR they can continue on and get a DEGREE in radical Islam. or be killed.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah, maybe the US and ISIS are working together....bah, Common Core. Solving 2+2 now takes 25 minutes.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

They are simply wanted to ensure their children had the same level of education those in America get.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

No doubt. Soon all it will take to defeat ISIS will be a couple groups of Girl Scouts selling cookies.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I was wondering how/when they were going to involve kids in this ISIS thing to pull at American heart strings. . .

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Theres an alternative to math?

I mean is it bad math?

thats the alternative to math?

enlighten me.
edit on 17-9-2014 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I'd love enter the minds of some of the leaders of ISIS just to have some understanding of their mindset, but then again, it might warp my mind.

Leaders ?
Ask the Mossad.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Theres an alternative to math?

I mean is it bad math?

thats the alternative to math?

enlighten me.

Yes, we'll start by redefining Pi as an integer rather than an irrational fraction. After all, how can that make sense, the circumference of a circle is finite, but an irrational number is infinite in length. How can those two be true? Something must be wrong there, so we'll simply things so people won't get confused.

But just wait till they can't get their mosques pointing in the right direction, and they'll end up worshipping the Egyptian pyramids instead.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Of course they have stopped education. An uneducated society is an easily controlled society.

ISIS leaders aren't stupid, they have a plan. I just feel sorry for the people that have to live and suffer under their rule.
edit on 17-9-2014 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Yeesh, that's what the right wing bible thumpers in America do too.

Hmm... wonder why that is? Oh yeah, the overly religious are overtly controlling thugs looking to have rules for everyone else.

Derek

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Thinking logically (ie math training) is the first step in a child learning to reason. If you want sheeple, you don't allow them to reason for themselves, or learn how to do critical thinking.

Too bad since the Arabs invented complex math very early on in their history.

But apparently devotion to Allah is not something that the Islamic State wants children to do. Critical thinking the Islamic State apparently sees as a threat to belief in Allah, Muhammad.

Engaging in social studies exposes children to different ways of living, that is a big no no. You wouldn't want children to know that there is any choice but the life Allah and Muhammad dictate according to the Islamic State , by way of their fear of exposure to different ways of living.

Keep the children dumb and ignorant of the world and you can control the little bombers, oh, excuse me, buggers.

This doesn't tug at my heart strings for the children, it simply reinforces what a bunch of narcissistic brutes the Islamic State is and is breeding.

edit on 4Wed, 17 Sep 2014 16:32:21 -0500pm91709pmk173 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: samsamm9

Leaders ?
Ask the Mossad.

Give it a rest!

On topic/

No need for an education when all these monsters will brainwash the children and use them for suicide missions.

link   
It's just one brainwashing in place of another.

Corrupting their minds will only win half the battle. Nobody forgets how to feel. As long as there is heart, they can never win.

edit on 17-9-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

link   
So where did algebra come from? Why won't they teach that?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join