It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Propaganda On The Scottish Referendum Poll: No Leading.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Scottish referendum polls favour No side, with undecideds in play

The campaign for Scottish independence certainly appears to have the momentum. Among decided voters, support for independence averaged around 40 per cent in polls conducted throughout 2013, improving only slightly to 41 per cent at the beginning of 2014, leaving the No campaign with a sizable lead.

Even without dropping the roughly one-in-five Scots who were undecided, support for a continued union frequently surpassed the 50 per cent mark.

If you noticed in the article they are desperately trying to prove by claiming the voters in Scotland are going to vote no according to polls.

This is nothing more desperation.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

It will be a No. 100%

In fact if it is a Yes I will post a photo of me literally eating my Hat.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Briles1207

Promise?

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
The only poll that matters will be the big one tomorrow...Remember the last polls at the last Scottish election had the SNP 7 points behind the day before...they won by a Majority.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I believe the best thing for everybody now, would be a Yes win.

Although I believe the No campaign have done enough scaring, rightly or wrongly to have swayed enough don't know voters to the No side.

So I'm 100% sure also that No will prevail here.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I'd hate to make a prediction, but I will say this, the BetterTogether campaign is incredibly underwhelming. It wouldn't take a great feat to make a more successful campaign than that. If you look at the number of symbolic slights that England has made against Scotland leading up to this vote, it is almost as if they are trying to push the Scottish people away. While England has a lower GDP than Scotland, Scotland relies heavily on advertising its products as British and using loans from the British reserve system. Personally, I think England might be better off if it lost Scotland. Between the lowered cost of Scottish imports and the higher interest collected on Scottish debt, it might be a benefit for their economy, but then again, I'm sure the numbers would be a close call.

I come from Scottish blood and looking at the kind of liberal paradise that Scottish people want to make politically, I would love to return there if at all possible. I hope that they will go back to the 15th century and allow people displaced by the House of Stewards to return home for the first time in half a millenia. That would be amazing.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Briles1207

It will be a No. 100%

Since your from the UK i am not surprised your claiming it will be a No Vote, this is how Serbs have felt when your government allowed the bombing and unjust way of how Kosovo got there Independence.

You should allow the Scott to have an independent state.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Do you think there will be riots or protests if No wins?

I have been to to Aberdeen a lot and it always strikes me as a very mature and conscientious place.

But with this vote there are so much passion. I just wonder how this will play out.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

It will be a No. 100%

This is one od those cases when a reply becomes more important than the thread itself.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

If you look at the number of symbolic slights that England has made against Scotland leading up to this vote, it is almost as if they are trying to push the Scottish people away.

What 'slights' has 'England made against Scotland'?

I come from Scottish blood and looking at the kind of liberal paradise that Scottish people want to make politically, I would love to return there if at all possible.

Liberal paradise?
Yeah, most people want that - but its about how you go about achieving it and unfortunately it costs a hell of a lot of money.

I hope that they will go back to the 15th century and allow people displaced by the House of Stewards to return home for the first time in half a millenia. That would be amazing.

You think that life in 15th C was somehow better then for the ordinary, everyday Scots person than they are today?
Amazing.

And what has ever stopped descendants of Scottish diaspora to 'return home'?

This may surprise you but Scotland and its people are no more supressed and subjugated than anyone else on these islands.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Its not a question of anyone 'allowing' Scotland to be free or otherwise - its about the Scottish people expressing their Right to Self-Determination and choosing what direction they want Scotland to take.

Its not about 'allowing' but rather about 'choosing' - a massive difference.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter

It will be a No. 100%

So says someone who lives in an occupied country.

Are you actually trying to be serious or just taking the piss ?

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter
Scottish referendum polls favour No side, with undecideds in play

The campaign for Scottish independence certainly appears to have the momentum. Among decided voters, support for independence averaged around 40 per cent in polls conducted throughout 2013, improving only slightly to 41 per cent at the beginning of 2014, leaving the No campaign with a sizable lead.

Even without dropping the roughly one-in-five Scots who were undecided, support for a continued union frequently surpassed the 50 per cent mark.

If you noticed in the article they are desperately trying to prove by claiming the voters in Scotland are going to vote no according to polls.

This is nothing more desperation.

The problem with this tactic is that those voting no might stay home thinking they got it in the bag only to be swarmed by die hard separatists not wanting to waste a single vote. So now what you see is some back peddling on the part of the polsters.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArmyOfNobunaga

I have been to to Aberdeen a lot and it always strikes me as a very mature and conscientious place.

But with this vote there are so much passion. I just wonder how this will play out.

And why would a No Vote be a precursor to rioting... More chance of Violence after a YES vote
edit on 17-9-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

And why would a No Vote be a precursor to rioting... More chance of Violence after a YES vote

I do not know. I was just asking.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

I too have wondered the same thing.

If I was a 'yes' voting Scot and the result is a 'no', and considering how corrupt and perverse our gov and its members are, I would suspect the vote has been rigged in favour of the 'noes'. I would imagine many Scots might suspect the same and this could spark a certain amount of unrest?

Just thinking out loud.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

There was a miscommunication at some point and I don't think I care enough to clarify it. It was a felony for anyone of my bloodline to set foot in the UK until relatively recently in human history and by the time when the laws were overturned we had been in America for so many centuries that there is zero point in any of us returning. Hell, I live in Pennsylvania and I've only been to Nova Scotia one time in my life and my family lived there up until the last two generations.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Lets play this out for a second.

Assume that Scotland is about 25% of the UK economy.
I assume also that the UK owes more that it has just like the US.

Would that mean that the Scots would inherit 25% of the UK debt on day one?
Or would they start with a clean slate?

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: samkent

It would likely be done on a per capita basis. Plus the Scottish economy, like the population is about 8-9% of the UK.

The detail of what Scotland would, or would not inherit, would be down to negotiation. However, the remainder of the UK will not be inclined to treat another country (an economic competitor) with much sympathy. I doubt the average rUK voter would be happy for an independent Scotland to walk away with the crown jewels.

It has been a game of gullibility the nationalists have played as they have convinced themselves it'll all be easy and rosy. It won't. They won't get a currency union for a start, so that's one hell of an problem as promise number one is consigned to the bin.

Regards

top topics

join