It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amaterur Astronomer Detect a UFO Exiting from a Lunar Crater...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
ETA: I rewatched it and it's not the ship that's zig zagging, it's the camera movement. My bad. My theory of CGI went back a step.

If this is 'real' then I would put a camera 24/7 non stop on that crater and archive all video. If the "astronomer' doesn't do THAT, he's full of it. Time will tell.

Personally I would love to do an extended webcast of Barocius crater (24/7 isn't physically possible though for obvious reasons not the least of which is the rising and setting of the moon itself) but since Secureteam has filed a false copyright complaint against me (see here: www.abovetopsecret.com... ) for my debunking video my ability to do live webcasts or upload videos longer than 15 minutes has been disabled. You can thank the person who claims to be exposing the truth about UFOs for silencing other channels like mine which actually do provide real, live video of the moon and space.
edit on 17-9-2014 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arken
An amateur astronomer, William Durand,

Please provide proof that William Durand exists. Contact info of some form would be nice, whether an email address, phone number, or forum handle and location (Cloudy nights forum perhaps?).

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ngchunter

ETA: I rewatched it and it's not the ship that's zig zagging, it's the camera movement. My bad. My theory of CGI went back a step.

If this is 'real' then I would put a camera 24/7 non stop on that crater and archive all video. If the "astronomer' doesn't do THAT, he's full of it. Time will tell.

Personally I would love to do an extended webcast of Barocius crater (24/7 isn't physically possible though for obvious reasons not the least of which is the rising and setting of the moon itself) but since Secureteam has filed a false copyright complaint against me (see here: www.abovetopsecret.com... ) for my debunking video my ability to do live webcasts or upload videos longer than 15 minutes has been disabled. You can thank the person who claims to be exposing the truth about UFOs for silencing other channels like mine which actually do provide real, live video of the moon and space.

More amateur astronomers have the capability to see the craters clearly and film. If this is real video all eyes should be on that crater since it's an alleged exit/entry point for "Ufos". Very easy to see if this pans out. I don't suspect a UFO would use an entry point just once. Like I said, time will tell.
edit on 17-9-2014 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-9-2014 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I just wouldn't rule out biological life forms in the vacuum of space after learning about the algae. It kind of creates a whole new string of possibilities certainly worth entertaining. I wouldn't be surprised if the universe was teaming with weird biological sentient beings just buzzing around. If there's any truth to Panspermia, then maybe the Oort cloud could contain a cosmic soup of biological primordial life.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Arken

Gotta love all the bird/insect posts.
For the record, I'm in the market for a moon bird.
You name the price, no problem.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ngchunter

Great work

edit on 17-9-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Looks a lot to me like a Chinese lantern.

But most likely its just dead pixels. Or Photoshopped.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

He is attempting to abuse the youtube DMCA system to silence dissent, which further proves his dishonesty.

Actually this statement is wholly untrue...you improperly used his content, and you used to much of it. You should probably consider yourself lucky if he doesn't press criminal charges.

Even worse, you failed to prove your point. The videos deployed by all providers of such things us Flash, which is a further compression of what ever format the video was originally in; thus, things like frame rates, especially when "objects" seem to jump from frame to frame, is actually sort of "normal" in such compressions...it all in the method of compression...most schemas seriously suck at it...

So, unfortunately, this will have to be decided on features that are less affected by the compression schema of the video. Unless of course you got the original, probably "mp4", file...

edit on 17-9-2014 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
COME ON ATS !!!

How is this thread still going ??

Anyone can CLEARLY see the "UFO" is editing in...

The FRAME RATE of the moon footage is MUCH slower then the footage of the UFO

It´s a a video of TWO separate videos.. on is real other is fake.. two LAYERS

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

More amateur astronomers have the capability to see the craters clearly and film. If this is real video all eyes should be on that crater since it's an alleged exit/entry point for "Ufos". Very easy to see if this pans out. I don't suspect a UFO would use an entry point just once. Like I said, time will tell.

You're missing the point. The framerate doesn't match, and if it's not a hoax, then why did the hoaxer make sure to censor my video exposing the hoax?

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanka418

He is attempting to abuse the youtube DMCA system to silence dissent, which further proves his dishonesty.

Actually this statement is wholly untrue...you improperly used his content, and you used to much of it.

No, I did not. I was conducting criticism of his content. There is no "set amount" one is allowed to use in commentary and criticism. I did not misuse his content.

Even worse, you failed to prove your point. The videos deployed by all providers of such things us Flash, which is a further compression of what ever format the video was originally in; thus, things like frame rates, especially when "objects" seem to jump from frame to frame, is actually sort of "normal" in such compressions..

Wrong. Compression has nothing to do with it. The entire moon is completely frozen for multiple frames while ONLY the UFO continues to move. There is no evidence or indication that it is a "compression issue" which would show itself by the raster size of the compression artifacts. It is a different framerate due to the hoaxed editing which is WHY he had my video taken down. How dare you suggest I misused his content. Because of him, my account is now prohibited from performing live webcasts of this crater or uploading videos longer than 15 minutes where I could go more in depth on his footage. You are defending a proven hoaxer and his personal censorship of me.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

So, unfortunately, this will have to be decided on features that are less affected by the compression schema of the video. Unless of course you got the original, probably "mp4", file...

And . . . You can not determine pixels and Photoshop online.

The resolution is simply too low.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Great work

Thanks. It appears that opinions are mixed though. Some are even supporting this outright censorship. ATS, as a user base, now stands for deliberate, willful ignorance. I am quickly losing hope.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

And . . . You can not determine pixels and Photoshop online.

The resolution is simply too low.

The resolution is more than enough to see that the UFO is moving across multiple frames while the entire moon is frozen. This is not a compression artifact issue nor is it a resolution issue. I have the 720p video saved, and judging by the green cast white balance issue in the video of the moon it appears to be video from a modified Samsung SDC-435 or SCB-2000 which are quite popular in the video astronomy community. That camera's native resolution is considerably less than 1280x720, the video on youtube provides more than enough resolution needed to see that the UFO is clearly moving at a different framerate than the underlying moon video. Stop defending a proven hoaxer who tries to silence his critics.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Wrong. Compression has nothing to do with it. The entire moon is completely frozen for multiple frames while ONLY the UFO continues to move. There is no evidence or indication that it is a "compression issue" which would show itself by the raster size of the compression artifacts. It is a different framerate due to the hoaxed editing which is WHY he had my video taken down. How dare you suggest I misused his content. Because of him, my account is now prohibited from performing live webcasts of this crater or uploading videos longer than 15 minutes where I could go more in depth on his footage. You are defending a proven hoaxer and his personal censorship of me.

The things you describe are completely consistent with compression errors. Not so long ago, I and many of my friends would laugh at the kinds of errors introduced my video compression, and while much of that has been cleaned up, they are still far from even "good", though, for the most part, they work...

Again, it depends on the "kind" of compression. For instance Flash, at least at one time, would only encode changes into the video stream. Thus if a part of the video didn't change, it would not be "redrawn", thus it might appear "frozen". This effect can occur if the changes from frame to frame are too small for the software to detect.

Technically speaking; there is almost no possibility of you detecting a "different frame rate" in any video deployed over the internet, mostly due to compression, and the high probability of errors.

I've seen nothing proven about the your unfortunate circumstance, or the origins source of this video. AND, the video "looks" good to me...I may try to duplicate the video later, given the time.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Unfortunately for you, YouTube does not really care about being "fair" nor about the "truth" or "real facts"

What they care about is having subscribers and viewers.

The more, the better.

That means popular videos. Videos that get a lot of hits. Videos that belong to YouTubers who end up with more and more subscribers.

Just like TV or the Cable/Satellite industry: the more viewers, means the more advertising they can sell, and make money.

Let's face it: how many are going to want to watch a video that is simply showing the moon? Compare that to: how many will watch a video that claims to have a UFO come out of a crater and flying over the surface of the moon?

Guess which one is going to get more hits, and have many more people come to YouTube?

Add to the fact that you have a enormous amount of people that are either ignorant or uneducated about: astronomy, photography, atmospheric effects, video making,,,,,,AND CGI software, and what do you have?

A VERY large audience that will gulp down anything. Hook, line and sinker.

Remember people back in the day? "Well it was on TV and the news, so it MUST be true!"

How many on here to you see screaming about how the media is lying to them......only to then see them post on here showing how much they believe in a YouTube video?

It's crazy. It's certainly NOT "denying ignorance".

Instead it's: "I'm so gullible that I'll believe anything shown on YouTube."

Critical thinking is in short supply in today's world. And it's getting worse all the time.

It's because people have this desperate NEED to BELIEVE so badly, that they'll drink anything and pretend it's a nectar from the gods.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Stop defending a proven hoaxer who tries to silence his critics.

I'm not defending anyone.

I have personally seen a saucer shaped UFO, in the daytime, clear blue skies.

Resolution online is too low to determine Photoshop. The average person who jumps in ranting Photoshopped, is not qualified to determine that. Especially without the original photo.

That has nothing to do with what you are claiming.

How do you know this person is a known hoaxer?

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

The things you describe are completely consistent with compression errors.

It is not a compression error. The entire moon is completely frozen for multiple frames while ONLY the UFO continues to move. There is no evidence or indication that it is a "compression issue" which would show itself by the raster size of the compression artifacts.

Again, it depends on the "kind" of compression. For instance Flash, at least at one time, would only encode changes into the video stream.

The entire moon is constantly changing due to atmospheric turbulence. You have no idea who you are talking to. I've done live streaming on youtube and elsewhere of the moon for years now. It freezes because of frame dropouts in the original stream that was stolen by secureteam and because the video capture card used for the SDC-435 or SCB-2000 itself will sometimes drop frames when capturing the analog video signal and continue to show the same picture for several frames.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Stop defending a proven hoaxer who tries to silence his critics.

I'm not defending anyone.

I have personally seen a saucer shaped UFO, in the daytime, clear blue skies.

I don't care. That has nothing at all to do with this.

Resolution online is too low to determine Photoshop.

Axiomatic and wrong.

How do you know this person is a known hoaxer?

It's right here, watch the video, it's been posted to this thread multiple times now.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Because YOU say so?

Not good enough.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join