It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel's Worst-Kept Secret

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Look for an official proclamation?

Like many things discussed on ATS, it's all a matter of what one believes.

Hell even Iranian PressTV puts their spin on the topic...

Hersh revelations and false-flag talk in media

When will Israel finally admit that its slaughter of the American sailors of the USS Liberty in 1967 was a botched false-flag designed to be blamed on Egypt and trigger a US attack on Cairo?

They left out President Johnson's involvement.

False flag attacks are common

Certainly, respected Americans wouldn't commit such crimes. By now most of us are aware of the manufactured attack at Tonkin Bay (second event) that drew us into the Vietnam War. Over 1.5 million Vietnamese and 58,000 Americans paid with their lives because of this pretext. Few have heard about the attack on the USS Liberty during the 6 Day War in 1967. The American communications ship was positioned 14 miles off the Israeli coast when it was attacked for three hours by unmarked Israeli jets and torpedo boats, killing 34 servicemen. Eight U.S. fighters were launched to defend the Liberty but they were recalled by the president. This botched false flag attack was meant to draw us into a war in the Middle East against the Arabs. A cover up of the incident commenced because the torpedoed, napalmed, and battered ship refused to sink.

edit on 17-9-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Look for an official proclamation?

Really? You know me better than that.

Just wondering where you got your info so that I could take a look.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: buster2010

When did Iran plan to blow up American libraries and movie theaters like Israel?

I have a friend who was nearly killed when the bookstore she managed was blown up by Iranian agents for selling "The Satanic Verses." You are treading on very dangerous ground.

Was this bookstore in America? If not then it is irrelevant.

Berkeley, California, 1989. Not only was my friend an assistant manager at Waldenbooks (fortunately she had that day off), but I was actually having coffee in Cody's café when the store had to be evacuated. Iran's deadly hand has reached into my personal life, and I have absolutely no tolerance for fools who act as apologists for that corrupt, superstitious régime.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

When did Iran plan to blow up American libraries and movie theaters like Israel?

I have a friend who was nearly killed when the bookstore she managed was blown up by Iranian agents for selling "The Satanic Verses." You are treading on very dangerous ground.

Berkeley, California, 1989. Not only was my friend an assistant manager at Waldenbooks (fortunately she had that day off), but I was actually having coffee in Cody's café when the store had to be evacuated. Iran's deadly hand has reached into my personal life, and I have absolutely no tolerance for fools who act as apologists for that corrupt, superstitious régime.

Perhaps I'm blind but nowhere in that article does it mention the country of Iran.

Even if it was an Iranian, there's no proof it was the Iranian regime.

You are grasping at straws...

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
Just wondering where you got your info so that I could take a look.

Agreed

I don't think Iran has sunk a US Navy vessel, either.
USS Liberty incident

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69
Are you inferring that I should not have entered the USS Liberty into the conversation at all? What we recognise as 'the facts' are out there. If you have an alternative narrative, that's good...that's the nature of the site. So is citing sources.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Are you inferring that I should not have entered the USS Liberty into the conversation at all?

No, not at all. It should be. Many here scream False Flag about this that or the other. Most of the time it's lame BS, Here we have a real False Flag situation and people balk because the bad guys aren't apparently bad enough and the victims *Americans* were actually part of the conspiracy.

What we recognise as 'the facts' are out there. If you have an alternative narrative, that's good...that's the nature of the site. So is citing sources.

Agreed, just like how your original implied statement wasn't accurate and didn't jive with your sourced link.

I don't think Iran has sunk a US Navy vessel, either.
USS Liberty incident

I simply used your own posted cartoon to reiterate it's intended meaning.

edit on 17-9-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Is it really any suprise? Like the article says, it's the world's worst kept secret. Kinda like everyone knew Area 51 existed, even before the US acknowleged it. In fact, has it ever been 'officially' acknowledged? Anywho, I have no problem with them having them. I'm more uncomfortable with NK having them and they freely admit it and test them.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Where does the article cite Iranians as the culprits? I must of missed that part. I see it says Muslims were not happy but it doesn't say what background etc.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
Is it really any suprise? Like the article says, it's the world's worst kept secret. Kinda like everyone knew Area 51 existed, even before the US acknowleged it. In fact, has it ever been 'officially' acknowledged? Anywho, I have no problem with them having them. I'm more uncomfortable with NK having them and they freely admit it and test them.

Yet NK haven't Attacked anyone, whereas Israel have attacked...How many ?

Your logic is flawed, imo .

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

What we recognise as 'the facts' are out there. If you have an alternative narrative, that's good...that's the nature of the site. So is citing sources.

Agreed, just like how your original implied statement wasn't accurate and didn't jive with your sourced link.

Indeed...which is why I checked and corrected before it had been pointed out as such.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ken10

Yet NK haven't Attacked anyone

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ken10

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Yet NK haven't Attacked anyone, whereas Israel have attacked...How many ?

Your logic is flawed, imo .

My logic is flawed? Please show me where Israel has used or tested nuclear weapons. It's a known fact NK has tested nukes in underground tests.

"North Korea tests nuclear weapon 'as powerful as Hiroshima bomb'"
www.theguardian.com...
edit on 17-9-2014 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

The bombardment of Yeonpyeong was an artillery engagement between the North Korean military and South Korean forces stationed on Yeonpyeong Island on 23 November 2010.[5] Following a South Korean artillery exercise in waters in the south, North Korean forces fired around 170 artillery shells and rockets at Yeonpyeong Island, hitting both military and civilian targets.[6][7][8]
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 17-9-2014 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

Where does the article cite Iranians as the culprits? I must of missed that part. I see it says Muslims were not happy but it doesn't say what background etc.

Let me jog your memory:

"We are from Allah and to Allah we shall return. I am informing all brave Muslims of the world that the author of The Satanic Verses, a text written, edited, and published against Islam, the Prophet of Islam, and the Qur'an, along with all the editors and publishers aware of its contents, are condemned to death. I call on all valiant Muslims wherever they may be in the world to kill them without delay, so that no one will dare insult the sacred beliefs of Muslims henceforth. And whoever is killed in this cause will be a martyr, Allah Willing. Meanwhile if someone has access to the author of the book but is incapable of carrying out the execution, he should inform the people so that [Rushdie] is punished for his actions. Rouhollah al-Mousavi al-Khomeini."

Ayatollah Khomeini's fatwa.

Of course, Sunni were under no obligation to follow the fatwa, and the bombings took place within two weeks of the fatwa, but that must be coïncidence. You probably believe it was an Israeli false flag, anyway.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Here's the documentary that illustrates it better than anything

As for Liberty, the sailors personal accounts say it best

Try attacking someone for hours and convincing the police it was "a mistake".

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: learnatic
a reply to: skoalman88

If Israel has the right to defend it self why should not Iran have the same right. Wheres the problem?

Israel has never seized an American embassy and held the diplomats hostage. Has Iran?

Technically, no. The official line was that it was a bunch of "students" that took over the embassy, not the Iranian government.

Sounds legit, right?

-----------------------

Just wanted to add that I'm very happy to see so many members so well informed about the USS Liberty. As a former sailor, it is the main reason why I will never be an Israeli supporter. There are just some things civilized militaries don't do: you don't shoot at a pilot in a parachute and you don't shoot at guys in a lifeboat.

I also wanted to add a couple of lesser known points about the Liberty incident. The Israelis that participated in the attack were given medals, except for the pilot that refused to attack when he recognized it was a US ship. He was courtmartialed for not following orders. Who gives medals for attacking an ally's ship by "accident?"

The captain of the Liberty was given the Medal of Honor. The Medal of Honor is always presented by the President, but not this time. Those two facts speak volumes about the Liberty incident.
edit on 17-9-2014 by VictorVonDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Before labeling someone a fool at least have the brains to read what you link. Nowhere in that article does it say anything about a Iranian connection to the bombing. I have no tolerance for fools who make up things to fit their agenda of spreading hate for a country when there is no reason to hate them.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Before labeling someone a fool at least have the brains to read what you link. Nowhere in that article does it say anything about a Iranian connection to the bombing. I have no tolerance for fools who make up things to fit their agenda of spreading hate for a country when there is no reason to hate them.

Did you read the fatwa? Are those the words of a compassionate leader? Within two weeks of the fatwa, people had gone from protesting and burning books to attempting to murder people. An "agent" is someone or something that effects a desired end. Anyone of any nationality who set bombs in order to fulfill the Iranian agenda was acting as an Iranian agent. I can see that you are much more forgiving of Iran's bloody policies than Israel's bloody policies.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: learnatic
a reply to: skoalman88

If Israel has the right to defend it self why should not Iran have the same right. Wheres the problem?

Because they are God's chosen people.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Did you read the fatwa? Are those the words of a compassionate leader? Within two weeks of the fatwa, people had gone from protesting and burning books to attempting to murder people. An "agent" is someone or something that effects a desired end. Anyone of any nationality who set bombs in order to fulfill the Iranian agenda was acting as an Iranian agent. I can see that you are much more forgiving of Iran's bloody policies than Israel's bloody policies.

What does that fatwa have to do with the bombing of the bookstore? Show the connection because the article you posted did in no way mentioned a Iranian connection that is something you need to prove. And you are really reaching trying to blame the bombing of that store on Iran. Also why lie about what happened by saying your friend was nearly killed when they wasn't even there.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join