It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody need help?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: neomaximus10
a reply to: CardiffGiantI'm in columbus Ohio, so if ur near there I can help you out too.

much appreciated. im about 2 hours away.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
i also have access to racks, since i actually live above an auto shop
48 bays

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Hi,

I am planning to buy a sedan car, but confused between between: Honda Amaze and Honda City. I have watched their review here:

Please help me out

Thanks

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I need help because this is not my car and it should be.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I need help. It's not much of a mechanical issue but i have no idea how to tackle this problem now that I've messed something up.

Anyways, I bought a car with these stupid lock nuts on it, it didnt come with a key for them. After a couple of months, I got a flat tire. Couldnt find the correct key for it anywhere, online or anything no key or lock nut i found looked like these things. Well, i decided to try to drive a chisel into it and then hopefully make a groove in the round wall of it then hammer it around in a circle. Saw a guy on youtube do it and it looked simple, he did it in about a minute if that.

Welp, an hour later I've chiseled the entire nut down to nothing and its still on there. The post is severely damaged at this point. Strangest part is, i aired up the tire after that and now it's not hissing at me anymore and seems to be holding air just fine.

I'm worried it's going to go flat again though, and i dont really live near any family or friends and i dont have a job at the moment so money is an issue and so is getting help if i need it.

Currently, its chiseled pretty much all the way off except the beveled part of the lug nut that sets up against the inside of the rim. I literally have no idea what to do now.

Any suggestion would be helpful.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Bundy

that sucks man...
since you destroyed it not all you can really do is keep going...get it all the way off and then you can replace the lug stud when you get the wheel off.
might be hard without messing the rim up but since its mangled thats really all you can do.

lug starts are 8 bucks each.

pretty easy to replace one....if you need help with that let me know...

for all the other lock nuts though, dont do what you just did...

go online and look at snap on, mac, matco, cornwell....they have a tool you can use...it looks like a socket but its not....it has grooves on the inside of it.....you pound that over the lock nut with a hammer and then crank it off.
works best if you have an impact wrench but a breaker bar will probably work too.

you might be able to get away with using an 8 or 12 point socket.....it would be cheaper...

make sure you pound it over the lock nut hard...

www.matcotools.com...

autozone has tools you can borrow if you leave a deposit.
might be worth checking out

top topics

<< 1   >>

join