It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American college students sign petition supporting ISIS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

I think I cried a little watching this - I mean, it doesn't take a rocket scientist (well, maybe it would if the only new-outlet was CNN) to know what's going on over there. When other terrorist groups are saying this one is too extreme, you know something's bad.

However, 12 signatures isn't really that much - and it goes to show that there's still plenty of...unobservant, people living in the real world.

-fossilera

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: TDawgRex

Still the question is how did these students who obviously have zero critical thinking skills go to one of these so called Higher Educational institutions.

In fact here's one quote from a girl in the video

“Every religion has their moments,” explained one girl who signed the petition. “I mean, come on, we can — don’t even get me started where the Christians used to, uh, what they did to the non-believers once upon a time.”

Yea, that's an old argument that atheists and progressives use. Use the past to justify the present.

I hope that particular girl does not breed. She's an idiot. And chances are that she'll be in debt paying for her "education" for a good chunk of her life...so she has going for her as well.

No need to go into the distant past. Ever heard of the Northern Irish crisis? What about the Waco siege and following Oklahoma bombing? Do you want me to go on, because I can?

I find it very ironic how you and other posters have established a basis for questioning another persons entire cognitive abilities from a 4 minute propaganda youtube video. Kind of seems like the pot calling the kettle black to me.
edit on 16-9-2014 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

“Oh they’re the ones that kept beheading us?” the student said before signing the petition.

Wow... should we pitch in and buy her a plane ticket so she can volunteer for the next decapitation she appears to support?

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Kids now are far smarter than all previous generations. It's called the flynn effect. I see it in action every day when I teach. The "dumb kids" I teach are smarter than average kids when I was in school and I teach in the same area I grew up in. I'm constantly amazed how older generations treat kids. So many kids get called stupid for pointing out logical inconsistencies that it's amazing kids think for themselves at all these days.

The best part of the ignorance you're all showing in general is that you're even ignorant in specific. George Washington university is one of the top foreign policy schools in the united States which itself has the finest university system on the planet.

www.foreignpolicy.com...

These kids must be smart and active individuals to get into a school like that since competition for top tier (times have changed from when you all went to college). So right off the bat the school's status means we're dealing with a school of almost entirely above average intelligence students. On top of that
This school specializes in foreign policy and politics (situated in our nations capital no less).

The way this sounds to me is that some of the least biased, most intelligent people in our country (at a foreign policy focused school) thinks going to war with ISIS is bad. Not only that, the girl quoted is dead on. How deluded can you be that America is so angelic. We're the only nation on earth to drop nukes. We dumped dangerous chemicals in bulk in other nations (remember agent Orange?). I read something recently about how Iraq has nearly 50% rate is infant abnormalities from all the toxic materials we used during the war there (depleted uranium is totally safe right? They put the word depleted in there). We're the biggest warmonger on the planet by any measurement. Our history is filled with racism and eugenics so much that we actually were idols of Hitler.

We were the experimental nation trying to find a better way but we took our eye off the ball due to "red fear". We could have been the nation we always were meant to be if we didn't let our country get taken over by ancient backward thinking power hungry monsters. Take a look at Lindsay Graham for a solid example.

Long story short the word to describe these kids is naive not stupid but don't worry about it. I know you all stopped caring about leaning a long time ago. These kids are right, 100% right. Sadly it's too late for their suggestion. The nations response to 9 11 killed our dreams. If we had responded with grief tempered by compassion and forgiveness (you know those big Christian values dumb Americans think mean be nice to your friends and family only). Can you imagine if we had taken all the money we wasted on war and homeland security since 9/11/01 and spent it on helping people around the world especially the middle East maybe we'd on the road to utopia.

America is the bully who punches a kid cause he said something mean and when questioned says "he started it". What is the good parents response? " "you have to be the bigger man, violence is never the answer ". We make fun of India/Pakistan Israel/Palestine and other countries for living in the past and fighting wars over ancient disputes but at least they have the excuse of poverty violence and other issues. What excuse does the safest, strongest and wealthiest nation on planet earth have for their unending campaign of violence?

Going to war with Syria (I mean ISIS, lol what a joke) is just another example of old Europe style balance of power bull# with modern trappings. Open your mind, do some research, and stop belittling our nations future. You're already destroying their future at least treat them with some dignity.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Gotta go to a COLLEGE to find THAT kind if stupid. If you tried THAT on ANY military base you MIGHT get beat up and thrown off.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
Gotta go to a COLLEGE to find THAT kind if stupid.

Don't be so hard on yourself. Though your right, I don't imagine "THAT" kind are prone congregating with the stupid.
edit on 16-9-2014 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

Hear hear tavi! I'm a twenty-two year old man from Lexington, MA (the birthplace of our country people)! I attend community college a town over. Naive is EXACTLY what my generation is. I have personally experienced my entire academic career the stifling of critical thinking - but the older generation's plans have not worked. I am my own man, have found God (and the good path), and deny ignorance on a daily basis. I get straight A's going to school full time, got a 3.8 GPA, I work full time as an automotive technician, am scuba certified, am a American Red cross certified professional rescuer specialized with lifeguarding, got the best girlfriend a man could ever ask for, and I WOULD SIGN THAT PETITION. you judgmental types are the exact people who believe in a two party false dichotomy indirect democracy and vote OBAMA a SECOND time AFTER YOU SAW WHAT BUSH DID!!!!! YOU GOT THE SAME THING AGAIN AND SANCTIONED THE FURTHER KILLING OF INNOCENTS AND SPREADING VIOLENCE ACROSS THE WORLD WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY DESTROYING OUR ECONOMY AND ERODING OUR CIVIL RIGHTS. YOU TREAT ADDICTS LIKE VILLIANS, YOU PROFIT FROM THE BLOOD OF INNOCENT PEOPLE AND YOU ACT LIKE PROGRESSIVISM MAKES UP FOR THAT! ! YOU ARE THE LITTLE PEOPLE IN THE COSMIC SEA OF THINGS; ALL YOUR PLAN IS IS TO BE VIOLENT!!!!!

Sigh... why on GOD'S GREEN EARTH WOULD I EVER CARE WHAT YOUR OPINION OF ME IS?
edit on 9/16/2014 by JamesCookieIII because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: links234

Still this shows how guillable people are and they are at a University! Once upon time a University means you are very intelligent and your well knowledgeable of at least some basic stuff nowadays it became so dumbed down.

By the way that University is called George Washington University which is supposedly a University for so called 'intelligent' people.

Big difference between Education and Intelligence.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

To me, people who use the past to justify the present are taking the lazy way out. And it usually used to justify some dastardly deed...actually can't think of anyone using that old dictum to for a good deed. But then again, good deeds rarely get in the news these days.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
it is pretty obvious people dont listen or read anymore...i like this one

edit on 17-9-2014 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: vid didnt work

www.youtube.com...
edit on 17-9-2014 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Im not sure if they are stupid or just cowardly or dont really care and just signed it to get rid of them knowing petitions can often mean nothing.

No it didnt ever I think. If university meant you were intelligent then why did the philosopher Rene Descartes long ago say that education and intelligence dont always go hand in hand? That you can be smart and never reach higher education or be an idiot and be in the best schooling. Im paraphrasing though. I cant even find the actual words but ive heard them before in a philosophy documentary. Going to Uni just means you have enough money to be privileged to go and that you are good at taking tests and doing assignments if anything. Its not much a measure of intelligence in other forms.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Seems to me most of what you said is correct however there are different ways to view our moves, I believe the people in power generally have our nations best interest in heart, based on the intelligence that they are privy to. Furthermore I have no quarrel protecting our interests. We should continue to do so

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Nice speal

If what this video is really showing us are some examples of what these Universities have been producing then it's no wonder our foreign policy has been in the toilet. No offense, none meant. Simply having a degree doesn't make somebody intelligent nor a genius.

A better tactic would be to focus on our failures as a Nation instead of supporting those who are doing beheadings. In the end I think many here including the critics of the US/West activities have failed miserably with the videos true 'Premise'

What it really shows is just how gullible some of the students that blindly signed the petition truly are. Also, I saw quite a few students *Taught at a location you so proudly eluded to* who knew dead on why not to sign. What 'Christians' or any other religion did in the past that was just as heinous and or whether carried out in the past or presently being undertaken is flat out wrong.

I do however appreciate your soapbox approach in shaming us as a Nation. Sins of our Fathers?

I on the other hand do support all Nations threatened by ISIS to go after those jackwagon cheesed***k extremists in their own borders.

But hey, I'm just a City College kid, what the hell do I know.
edit on 17-9-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
What's scary is that many of these idiots go on to be in control of important things. It's mind-boggling.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet

They're youth and the youth of today are not very bright.

The blond girl doesnt even asks what she's signing.
Over 18 to vote? It should raised to 35 at least.

Who was supposed to teach them better and not leave such a huge mess behind?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Didn't our government give these guys like $500 million?

But it's the college kids who are dumb?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join