It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American college students sign petition supporting ISIS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Multiple college students signed a petition to support the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) last week.

Media Research Center TV reporter Dan Joseph went to the campus of George Washington University on Thursday, Sept. 11, and collected a dozen signatures from students on a petition to President Barack Obama to not only stop bombing ISIS, but also actively support the terrorist group. ISIS has beheaded two American journalists, James Foley and Steven Sotloff.

By supporting ISIS instead of bombing them we think we can avoid war,” Joseph explains to one signee in the video. ”And uh, you know, they’re just like just like us — only with slightly more beheadings.”

“Oh they’re the ones that kept beheading us?” the student said before signing the petition.

“Every religion has their moments,” explained one girl who signed the petition. “I mean, come on, we can — don’t even get me started where the Christians used to, uh, what they did to the non-believers once upon a time.”

news.yahoo.com...

*Facepalm* Really!!!!???

Even after being aware that ISIS are a bunch psychopathic killers they still signed the petition supporting them. What's going on America???? As an American, I am appalled of my fellow Americans. I wonder what happened to this country. This video shows another example of why America is going downhill.

Mods: I tried finding this in the search but it didn't show up. If it was posted already please close this thread down.
edit on 16-9-2014 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Just good ol good thinkers at work. By the way Ivan did you put that brick in the wall?

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
Multiple college students signed a petition to support the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) last week.

Media Research Center TV reporter Dan Joseph went to the campus of George Washington University on Thursday, Sept. 11, and collected a dozen signatures from students on a petition to President Barack Obama to not only stop bombing ISIS, but also actively support the terrorist group. ISIS has beheaded two American journalists, James Foley and Steven Sotloff.

That is nothing, here is a petition against water that people happily signed.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
In other news, conservative reporter picks on stupid people who don't care.

MRC, they're sure there's a liberal bias somewhere and they're going to show it to you!

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

Still this shows how guillable people are and they are at a University! Once upon time a University means you are very intelligent and your well knowledgeable of at least some basic stuff nowadays it became so dumbed down.

By the way that University is called George Washington University which is supposedly a University for so called 'intelligent' people.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I think that this one was a fail for them...pretty crappy editing job as well. They have done better in the past. But pretty much any one can go out and do such and be selective and come up with what they want.

About the only type of video such as this that I hold any credibility to is the the one back in 2008 where some one was interviewing voters and asking the hard questions. Most couldn't do it and some even admitted that they just wanted to vote for the first black POTUS.
edit on 16-9-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I'll bet that is a dozen students that aren't finishing the semester. They will either be "detained" or won't pass due to a lack of critical thinking.
edit on 16-9-2014 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Thats nothing, Just IMAGINE what the television does to people!!!

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
I'll bet that is a dozen students that aren't finishing the semester. They will either be "detained" or won't pass due to a lack of critical thinking.

Or,

Recruiters will be contacting them !!

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

College funds wasted.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex
Still the question is how did these students who obviously have zero critical thinking skills go to one of these so called Higher Educational institutions.

In fact here's one quote from a signer in the video

“Every religion has their moments,” explained one girl who signed the petition. “I mean, come on, we can — don’t even get me started where the Christians used to, uh, what they did to the non-believers once upon a time.”

edit on 16-9-2014 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
It's not like America gives kids anything to believe in any more unless the inspire to corrupt degenerate liars like their government that dictates right and wrong.

Its sad, sad that America is so evil that ISIS looks good.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: TDawgRex

Still the question is how did these students who obviously have zero critical thinking skills go to one of these so called Higher Educational institutions.

In fact here's one quote from a girl in the video

Yea, that's an old argument that atheists and progressives use. Use the past to justify the present.

I hope that particular girl does not breed. She's an idiot. And chances are that she'll be in debt paying for her "education" for a good chunk of her life...so she has going for her as well.

edit on 16-9-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I say put them on the 'Watch List'

Or is it just people with NRA, Christian, Patriotic, GOP, etc. stickers on their cars that get put on that list
edit on 16-9-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The unfortunate truth most kids get dumber every day. Public school systems are a joke and colleges are just laughable anymore.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
What about the students that said "Huh, WTH, why are you walking around asking people to sign that? Do you even know who you are supporting?"

No, but they didn't edit those ones in right? They edited in the people who could care less, have other things on their mind, or simply signed it to get away from the person. Maybe they thought they'd sign something to help a fellow at college.

The bias in here is terrible. If they shot a single cut, no edits, they could show what the result is. Or they could compile data on how many people would vs wouldn't sign. Performing an actual study though would take a lot of effort...

But it's just a flashy YT video to make you think everyone is dumb and you are smart because you watch their YT channel.

Yep, we're all smart.

Those people are dumb sheep and we is smart.

Cause we saw this YT video and got opinionated.

We're not sheep now.

Woo.
edit on 16-9-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: boncho

Actually Bonch, if you watch the entire thing, you do see those people.

It was very poorly done.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

They're youth and the youth of today are not very bright.

The blond girl doesnt even asks what she's signing.
Over 18 to vote? It should raised to 35 at least.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex
a reply to: boncho

Actually Bonch, if you watch the entire thing, you do see those people.

It was very poorly done.

My apologies. I will admit I didn't watch this one. I have seen these on the forum before though and I have seen enough not to bother with another.

Here are the problems I have with it besides what I mentioned:

1. People are not all meant to be aware or up to date on current events and affairs. We have very specialized industries/areas of learning in modern times.

A physicist or mathematician doesn't need to know what's going on in the Middle East, let alone in their backyard in most cases. I care about what their understanding is with the universe, or with the problems at hand in front of them.

The only people that need to know what's going on is the people specialized in the field. And the main problem with those people are they are being funded to politicize the issues at hand, which these kinds of videos are doing themselves.

Besides that and it being standard YT BS, or a YiTBiS, damn yitbis.

That an the other points.

Thanks for pointing out that though.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: boncho

1. People are not all meant to be aware or up to date on current events and affairs. We have very specialized industries/areas of learning in modern times.

I hear ya...but all to often I hear people spouting something stupid, just because they did see something on YT or the Daily Show. I will admit that Jon Stewart and his writers are brilliant at dredging comedy out of todays headlines, but all to often, people look at it as the actual news these days.

Drives me nuts!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join