It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Residents Urged To Shelter In Place As Police Investigating Suspicious Activity In Parkville

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Look pal, when I posted there was no mention of a bomb threat, no mention anything except a shelter in place order. I'm telling you right now, that no officer, uniformed or not, is going to tell me to shut my shop down, lock my house, make employees, customers, or anyone else stop what we're doing to "shelter in place" without a damn good reason!

And take your snide comments about being an internet tough guy elsewhere. I'm pushing 40 and will do whatever it takes to protect my family, my business, my home and property. My Father, Sisters, Brother, Wife and many of family members work here. I don't appreciate you telling me what I will or wont do to protect what's in my best interests.

I am fine with you blindly following orders without a being given a reason as to why. All the officer would have to do is give an idea of what is going on. Not like I'm asking for all details involved, just a brief synopses.

If it was something that warranted a shelter in place, yes I would comply. Not without justification though.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: rustyclutch

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: KawRider9

This story is clearly about a bomb threat (suspicious package) and sheltering in place would be a GOOD idea. Last thing you'd want to do is ignore the officer's warning and wonder into the blast radius as it was going off and get seriously injured or worse. Heck that is just one scenario. What if through you non-compliance, forcing the officers to handle you, it causes them to not be able to take care of the situation properly upon escalation and a bunch of people end up hurt or injured?

Problem is they found no explosives. So they locked people in their houses for a few hours based on what I can only assume was an anonymous tip. How would you like it if you had somewhere to be that day? A plane to catch? A wedding to go to? A doctors appointment? So we should just let police do whatever they want? Wanting to know what's going on is making their job harder? That kind of thinking bugs me. Everything is top secret these days. For public safety reasons of course. Or national security. It's all for our own good supposedly. The government knows whats best for us all. We should be good little sheep and shelter in place until they tell us we are safe from a threat that never existed.

So being inconvenienced for a few hours or missing an appointment is worse than possibly being blown up by a bomb? Why are you assuming the police are withholding information anyways? The article CLEARLY says it was over a suspicious package and the police were clearly taking precautions, so they obviously released SOME information to the public, and I'm sure that more would be forthcoming once they checked everything out. Yet here you are trying to justify being a rabble rouser because you could possibly be inconvenienced. Not EVERYTHING that the police do is totalitarian. Some police DO still try to protect your safety you know?

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

Look pal, when I posted there was no mention of a bomb threat, no mention anything except a shelter in place order. I'm telling you right now, that no officer, uniformed or not, is going to tell me to shut my shop down, lock my house, make employees, customers, or anyone else stop what we're doing to "shelter in place" without a damn good reason!

Why? Because you are incited and read a lot of things on ATS of police abusing authority? You would never stop and consider that they may have a good reason for doing what they are doing? I mean the picture in the article shows a bunch of squad cars and the police are wearing their normal uniforms and no firearms are present. I see no SWAT, so WHAT gives you the idea that this is anything more than "for your safety"?

And take your snide comments about being an internet tough guy elsewhere. I'm pushing 40 and will do whatever it takes to protect my family, my business, my home and property. My Father, Sisters, Brother, Wife and many of family members work here. I don't appreciate you telling me what I will or wont do to protect what's in my best interests.

Internet tough guy talk there. As someone who has actually BEEN in a warzone, I know not to trust the words of what someone will or won't do when the chips are down. People will SAY a lot of things, but become sniveling cowards when the pressure is on. Hence my description of internet tough guy talk.

I am fine with you blindly following orders without a being given a reason as to why. All the officer would have to do is give an idea of what is going on. Not like I'm asking for all details involved, just a brief synopses.

The article says, "suspicious package" which translates to "bomb threat". Even the Baltimore Sun knew that. By the way, I NEVER told you what I would or wouldn't do. I just analyzed the situation with the information given and came to a conclusion that you are blowing smoke.

If it was something that warranted a shelter in place, yes I would comply. Not without justification though.

Stop getting incited over nothing. Not everything the police do is violating posse comitatus.
edit on 16-9-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I'll say it again, when I posted, there was no mention of a bomb threat and no pics of cop cars. Just a shelter in place order.

And so you know, the vast majority here are active or former military. And no, we would not blindy follow a shelter in place order without being given a reason as to why.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Look, if there was a bomb or bombs, i'd want out of that neighborhood, not to be cooped inside my house praying im not in blast radius. Secondly they should be SURE before they start doing things like putting out shelter in place orders. Don't know if you have noticed the trend of gamers "swatting" people. This falls along those same lines that any random person can shut down any part of town for hours with just a random phonecall. I'm not saying there aren't legitimate reasons to tell people to stay where they are or in the house. The threat should at least be verified before they give the order, and people should know what the threat is. If there is a shooter people should know. If there is a bomb people should know. It shouldnt be ambiguous and it shouldn't be a false alarm.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join