It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Privacy is officially dead (again)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Not just mugshots and job interviews. I had a friend recently get her driver's license renewed. She said that she, in the past, had always worn her glasses in the pictures as they are required anyway as a restriction on her license. When she was asked to take them off for the picture, she asked why.

Oh, it's just a new facial recognition requirement thingy. Yes, "thingy", that's what the lady at the DMV said.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I get a laugh when I see people posting on internet forums about being all paranoid about the government watching them. Its like, if they weren't already, lol.

I really could not careless, as long as there not harassing me or infringing on my freedom, they can bore themselves stupid all they want. Though, if I did care the last thing I would be doing is posting on the internet, especially at forums that are notorious for being anti-government.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
how about these? quite stylish.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: eManym
What difference does it make if the FBI has your identifying features stored in a database? It seems its more of a benefit than a detriment. Can someone explain why it is bad?

When they start matching DNA to identifying features, it will make it easier for them to catch a criminal. Even building an image from DNA evidence might be possible in the future.

Alternatively, maybe it would be beneficial if we could get this software in the hands of civilians.

We could create a database of law enforcement and track them. Then when an LEO guns somebody down, there would be no more "police will not identify ..." We could identify them from the video and make them famous.

For a more ambitious project, perhaps we could create a database of people flying to and from places like Area 51 or Guantanamo.

A database of lobbyists would also be nice. I'm sure we could learn a lot by tracking their movements.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Anybody who has a drivers license, photo ID, passport or Visa is probably already in the system.
Anybody who enters a bank or other high-security area probably soon will be.

Scary times, huh?

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

there are laws in some places against wearing a mask lol! There is a comic book or something where everyone wears masks because all information is public.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
The only way to fool advanced and sophisticated facial recognition is to change the structure of your face via surgery. Paint, masks, wide or side brim hats, lights, will not work. Powerful computers have algorithms to go around these methods.
The following video explains the extent both privacy and anonymity are today from the Hope X conference.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

A can of spray paint will take the cameras out in a heart beat. I bet I could disable them faster than they could clean them up.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

It's meaningless. Lots are already capable of wearing any mask they want at any give time, anyway.
As always, JMHO….
tetra

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason
a reply to: eManym

1) Simply because many people don't wan't to have cameras at unkown locations recording data with software like this. Privacy is a right guaranteed by the Constitution and breaches of it are just one more step to full blown Orwellian society (as if we aren't there already). Do the feds really need to know every time you walk into a grocery store or go out for a night on the town?

2)The very plausible likleyhood that it will be used without your knowledge or consent. Meaning the people with this technology are cyber voyers, watching you from the shadows while you go about your business thinking everything is completely normal. Every time you go somewhere that data gets logged into your secure file until they decide they need it for some reason.

3) The "If you're doing nothing wrong, you have nothing to hide" addage is complete BS. If we're doing nothing wrong, the feds have no damn reason to track us.

They would argue that by going into the public you have forfeited your right to privacy just like the paparazzi has claimed taking pictures in public of famous people.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Jobs now? Wow, that can amount to no web privacy through anonymous names if you share personal photos. After all employees are requiring FBs and more so illegally requires FB account names. That's only part of the issue.

If they can't enforce Real ID(working towards anyway by putting on heavy state restrictions), they will just put everyone into the bio metric grid(surely ever growing with NSA's "Google").

Pre crime to hacking, wonderful !

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

That'll be 2000AD where a fashion for having no identifiable features was created by criminals so they could hide in the masses so the judges made everyone have a barcode on their head

but realistically if you are in public you allow your face to be filmed, think about your right to go around town filming people in public the other way

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

On tonight, live from 10PM Eastern time!

Show thread with listening information

top topics

<< 1   >>

join