It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen Bryce Masters In Critical Condition After Police Use Taser On Him: Report

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
In yet another incident of police, abuse a 17 year old kid is tasered and this time is left in critical condition with brain swelling. Ironically, he is the teenage son of a Kansas City Police Officer.

When will it stop?

Witnesses to a police stop in Missouri say cops used excessive force when they used a Taser on a 17-year-old boy who is now reportedly in critical condition.

"You could tell the kid was going into convulsions," witness Michelle Baker told Fox4kc.com. "[The cop] turned him over and his head was dangling ... and he had blood coming out."

The teenager has been identified by Kctv5.com as Bryce Masters of Independence.

According to Fox4kc.com, Independence police conducted a traffic stop of Masters on Sunday, for a minor traffic warrant. Moments later, witnesses reportedly heard screams coming from the teen's vehicle and saw the officer use a Taser on Masters.

Story

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: GrantedBail

It will stop when LEO's fear natural law.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

It will stop when LEO's fear natural law.

Do you think that will ever happen?

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

what a bully...seriously how scared could this copper have been to tazer the kid....far out...i hope the kids dad pulls out his tazer and gets some revenge on his colleague

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
From the OP article...

"The driver ... refused to roll down the window," Schmdley said. "The officer was able to get the door open. The driver refused to get out of the vehicle. A struggle ensued [and] a Taser was employed by the officer."

Masters' friend, 17-year-old Curtis Martes, told Fox4kc.com that he was on his porch when the traffic stop occurred and heard Masters tell the officer he was unable to roll the window down.

So this was over not instantly obeying orders. Not about the officer feeling threatened cause they have such a dangerous job...

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

When will it stop?

It will stop when law enforcement is held accountable the same as ordinary citizens for their crimes and corruption.

When there are citizen review boards and not the corrupted "internal affairs" cover ups.

When police are sentenced to punishment for their crimes as ordinary citizens instead of privileged elites.

Think any of the above will ever happen? I don't!

This is just a glimpse into the future of America.

Film everything...it's the only recourse we have. When it's our word against theirs....we lose!
edit on 15-9-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Agreed. Though, I don't see that happening any time soon. The people are too apathetic to even get pissed.
To me, that is the scary part. When this can go on and on and on with little to no recourse....

I've ran out of words.
Daily I am sharing news like this and daily it is ignored by all but "the choir"...

I just.....
I've ran out of words. I'm tired.

Only when people are personally affected do they even bother to give a f#%k....
This is only the beginning and, as another poster said, is a glimpse into the future of AmeriKa.

Sad, just flippin' sad....oh, and did I mention, pathetic!

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
There is too much of this crap going on and it has to stop. If that happened in my town the people would be in an uproar. People have to rebel against this. This is unacceptable!

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Waiting for the flock to come and say we all don't know what we are talking about because we aren't in these situations daily or trained for them.
Most discharged military personnel such as marines and army become policemen after service, then our government gives them tools of war. Psychologically I think some police officers believe given the props, the training and the STRESS that they are back at war. This has gotten out of hand and we need to be aware of who we vote for on a county/city level next election.
Thank god most see through all the BS they spew!

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
(zips up flame suit)
When the cops have to shoot someone, people complain: "why didn't he tase them!!". Now that a cop tases somebody, people still complain: "why'd this pig tase him???". I know many cops are bad, but maybe this cop was justified? Maybe not. IDK. Just thinking that people should look at each case closely before jumping on the: "I Hate LEO's' bandwagon. Not all cops are alike. And many times, cops have no choice. But then again, many times they do. You see me going in circles for you intentionally?

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

I was thinking the exact same thing... Zip..

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
(zips up flame suit)
When the cops have to shoot someone, people complain: "why didn't he tase them!!". Now that a cop tases somebody, people still complain: "why'd this pig tase him???". I know many cops are bad, but maybe this cop was justified? Maybe not. IDK. Just thinking that people should look at each case closely before jumping on the: "I Hate LEO's' bandwagon. Not all cops are alike. And many times, cops have no choice. But then again, many times they do. You see me going in circles for you intentionally?

it is not about hating leo's it is about hating them using excessive and unnecessary force

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I have made a promise to myself I will never let this happen in my if I can stop it

Ever

I will trying to defend a person from this kind of attack

I hope u will all do the same and let yiur family and friends know

This sort of behavior will never be allowed im my presence

Ever

I just wont let it happen

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I know this will not be a popular opinion but I feel it is time we all started to stop thinking that bravado is great and wonderful. Let's be honest. We (society) have given the police authority over us so that they may protect us and help us in our times of need. Thus, we as member of society need to be respectful and obedient to the police as long as they do not ask us to perform anything that is unlawful or unethical. It is not unlawful to roll down the window and quietly get out of your car. We, as members of society, need to accept that when we are pulled over that it is best to act with courteous and respect when dealing with the police. There is NOTHING demeaning to perform these simple tasks. If you feel that the police officer acted in an improper way, then after the police stop contact a public service that deals with the police, an attorney or maybe even the media to get your concerns resolved. Again, acting with bravado with the police will not accomplish anything but to escalate the potential violence in the situation.

If it is true that Bryce refused to roll down the window and refused to get out of the car then BRYCE twice escalated the situation before being subdued via tasering. If people stopped being macho and full of bravado when dealing with the police; I bet these incidents would diminish significantly. Unfortunately, society has told us that we are strong and special and that we have rights; but rights overlap and there are times when it is better to forego your rights to keep a situation more peaceful and uneventful.

Again, if you have a problem with the police seek a public service, an attorney or even the media to help you resolve the issue after you have left the scene. Just being contrary and obstinate in these situations only makes things worse.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
First of all the kid's window was broken and he couldn't roll it down. He yelled so loud to inform the officer that a neighbor could hear him. AND the cop was able to open his door. So he wasn't locked out. It would have been reasonable for the officer to request his DL and registration at that point.

a reply to: feldercarb

edit on 15-9-2014 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Agreed, if the window was broken and Bryce kept his hands in sight; then the policeman could ask him to get out of the car. If Bryce complies with that request then DL and registration should be turned over to the police. If, instead Bryce was not cooperating with the policeman I can see where things could have escalated. In the original OP linked story, there is suppose to be a recording of the ending events. I would like to see that video. Remember that the witness who reported hearing Bryce say that the window was broken is quoted as being a friend in the article. In today's day and age; it is hard to figure out who is lying and who is telling the truth.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
If a cop is moving his mouth

Its a lie

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

Then all Blacks are this.

All Whites are that.

All Asians do this.

All Arab do that.

All Christians think this.

All Muslims think that.

All Buddhist believe this.

All atheist believe that.

Do any of those statements ever turn out to be true? Not very likely. You can not let some bad seeds reflect on all policemen. Believing all cops are bad will just give more chances that you will end up with a bad situation if the police are present. Don't paint everyone with a broad stroke.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Every witness, not all being Bryce's friends, seem to support the idea that the officer used inappropriate force. And given that the video shown in the media report shows the officer standing with his foot on Bryce, who is face down and handcuffed, I'd say it's not hard to believe.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: FraggleRock
I did finally realize that there was a video with the article. That said I did see the cop have a foot on top of Bryce with Bryce head facing the concrete and his hands being cuffed. Unfortunately, I could not see the cop dragging Bryce from the car. The video is too erratic at that moment in time. I wish someone had taken some still photos from the video to make it easier to see the policeman actions at that moment. Sorry, my eyes could not adjust to erratic motion of the video at that instance.

That being said, there were only three witness reported. Here is another instance where a body cam and a dashboard cam would have helped clarify the situation. Hopefully, there is some physical evidence that could help clarify what occurred. I am just being cautious not to rush to judgement. Remember, I always said "if". I am not one to put as much confidence in witness testimony as some. I always hope for some physical evidence to help relay the story of what really happened.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join