It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Level BS #3: Exclusive: Kahler Nygard Interview on his TSA Harassment in Denver

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

He was sued out of existence by the state at the behest of the utility.

Has Nygard told you this? Nowhere can I find any evidence of any Minnesota utility, in Orono or anywhere else, that is pursuing Nygard via the state.

Before Jay Nygard's wild attempt to save green energy, Orono had no problem with anyone building that sort of thing as long as it was within the limits of city code and zoning rules. Now it looks like Orono has outlawed wind turbines.

Thanks Jay.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: creation7

Thank you for taking time to explain this.

I appreciate all the great information...

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots
Has Nygard told you this? Nowhere can I find any evidence of any Minnesota utility, in Orono or anywhere else, that is pursuing Nygard via the state.

That was the man in CT.

Why is this a discussion of Nygard's father, and not the TSA?

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

While you may be right in what you're saying, maybe the guy is an ass?
Does that make his treatment OK? Because he may not live his life according to how you think he should, does this make what they did (which appears illegal from what people are saying) acceptable?
Whether the guy is an ass or not isn't the issue, it's whether they had the right to stop and detain/search him AFTER he'd been through security checks prior to flying.

Seems a slippery slope to me.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

Can't argue with that logic.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I agree -- because we all have the right to be an ass from time to time -- and take it much further.

The TSA is an ineffective agency that:
-- went well beyond it's originating mandate
-- consistently fails security drills/tests
-- harbors criminals
-- allowed nearly 25,000 security breaches
-- invests billions in technology that doesn't work
-- catches no criminals or terrorists
-- harasses tens-of-thousands of people every day

It has to stop.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Does that make his treatment OK?

Whether the guy is an ass or not isn't the issue, it's whether they had the right to stop and detain/search him AFTER he'd been through security checks prior to flying.

The TSA security network is not some gauntlet to be run by people looking for "different ways of operating within the system" to see how creative a response they can get from the TSA so that they can make a video of it.

The TSAs response was what it was. It's Kahler that has made a straw-man-argument of the whole thing.

He is culpable for helping to manufacture the response from the TSA, and the "lies" from Fox News.

This is not the way to do it either.

edit on 16-9-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The fact that the TSA even exists just blows my mind. I think many would agree with me that any good the TSA might potentially do or have done is far outweighed by the negative things they have done, and then there is the fact that there is no evidence that suggests they are helping stop terrorist plots. Yet we spend 8 billion dollars a year, that is BILLION, on this stupid agency that does more harm than good and has done nothing to improve security. It has been shown that the failure rate is at least half, which definitely tells me that we are wasting money. Those who control the TSA, the US Department of Homeland Security, clearly must see that the TSA is not actually doing anything to make America safer, while they are definitely doing a lot to inconvenience people and even violate them. Now any logical person would look at this and think "this money could be better spent in some other fashion." Yet the DHS apparently are not logical.

The only conclusion I can draw is that security is not their main objective. I'm mean it is obvious that this strategy just is not going to work. It would not be that difficult to circumvent the security provided by the TSA. I mean with their failure rate this is obvious. I mean 25,000 security breaches, meaning they failed at their job, yet ZERO terrorist attacks. What does that tell us? I am so pissed off at bureaucracy in general, as it is so inept and so bad at doing its job at all levels of government, that it is just ridiculous. This goes for congress, the DHS in general, the FBI, the FED, etc. Oh but the organization that controls are monetary system is not a part of the government. Again MASSIVE failure.

When are the people going to put their feet down and unanimously end this descent into tyranny? We have INALIENABLE rights. This means that these CANNOT be taken away, nor can they be given away, even willingly. Yet how many instances, and even LAWS, contradicting our Constitution are currently in existence? Too many, that's for certain. One is too many. Any law that is passed that attempts to take away an inalienable right should be illegal, and probably is. Yet people do not realize this or either they do not care, and this is unacceptable. The idea that we do not have the same rights at a port of entry, if the person is a US citizen, is also completely and utterly ridiculous.

All of this can directly be traced back to 9/11, and this is partly why I entertain conspiracy theories dealing with that event. The government has used 9/11 and the fact that people let their guards down where government oppression is concerned, because they bought into the hype that everyone was out to get us, to essentially strip us of inalienable liberties. Any powerful body will always eventually attempt to gain more power. It is probably a law of human nature in general, and this is what is happening with the government. Every single branch and organization within the government will take more power if they can get it, and this ALWAYS comes at the expense of the people in one way or another. It is worse when it comes at the expense of our rights and liberties, and this is exactly what has happened, again all brought on by 9/11.

The fact that they have stepped up "security" yet it is so non-functioning has led to believe something that I think is very important. If security is this inept now, how bad must it have been before? I mean think about it like this: the DHS has always been responsible for our domestic security, thus why they're called homeland security. Okay, so instead of going through all this mess and creating the TSA, etc., shouldn't they simply perform their jobs better? They obviously didn't think the TSA was necessary before 9/11, but they think it is necessary now? Why is this? A plot as large as 9/11 did not go unnoticed. The problem was in acting on information and inter-agency cooperation and communication. So wouldn't it make more sense to simply IMPROVE the system that was already in place, rather than extending their operations to include more crap that they ultimately cannot control?

What I mean is that if they couldn't work with what they had because of their ineptitude, then obviously things are going to be even worse now that they have more assets they have to coordinate. Again, this stems back to the fact that the DHS, like all other government agencies, simply wishes to increase their power. They get more money and this is what happens. So whether it was done on purpose or not, 9/11 was the turning point for the loss of American liberties. The fact that this guy was allowed on the plane, and then went through this rigmarole after landing leads me to believe that either the TSA really failed at their job by letting him get on the plane without a special type of screening, or they are so uncoordinated that they didn't know what to do after he landed. OR they were attempting to be malicious. The only conclusion that can be drawn from EVERY SINGLE ONE of those possibilities points to the failure of the TSA, and is more evidence why they should not even exist. And that is not even considering the hundreds of cases of theft that have been shown to have occurred by TSA employees. It is so ridiculous that I don't even know how to react sometimes.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I really don't know why Government haven't started testing on me the all know in not human. I'm still learning as I go to control myself, NO WAR NO KILLING PEACE & LOVE HUG YOU NEIGHBOR!! government know of my existence they should not be in fear as I am not scared of you all

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I agree -- because we all have the right to be an ass from time to time -- and take it much further.

Yeah, but Kahler is not just being an ass, he's LARPing.

Security-LARPing should not be how young Americans spend their summer vacation.

It has to stop.

I absolutely agree with you, it has to stop. What sort of suggestions do you have for solving the problem that does not involve alienating 60,000 American TSA workers?

What? We should be balkanized in to these vicious little groups that all hate each other and are trying to monkey-wrench each other?

Also, what ever happened to folk singers? There needs to be folk singers to write songs about these public figures in America, like in the olden days of yore.

I might have to write one about Kahler the LARPing Patriot.

edit on 17-9-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

Funny . ."I'm right there in the trenches seeing what's going on" . . behind his computer on "some forums" and "My intent is not to be violent". Can't believe people are falling for this. This guy was looking for trouble from the start of his trip and he got it. Sounds like a spoiled brat looking for attention.

E2A: I hope you didn't pay this turd for the interview.
edit on 9/18/2014 by OptimusCrime because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join