It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS v/s Ebola

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Both initiatives call for a global response. The DoD is creaming and just got 30 countries committed to a global ISIS strategy. Meanwhile, the Ebola epidemic is still raging because there isn't enough manpower - and threatens to mutate, become airborne and go pandemic. Obama says Ebola is a “national security priority" - "If we don't make that effort now, and this spreads not just through Africa, but other parts of the world, there's the prospect then that the virus mutates, it becomes more easily transmittable, and then it could be a serious danger to the United States.” But the DoD is not interested - says it's not their problem - they want to focus on counter terrorism. Is the DoD trying to sabotage the global fight against Ebola?

Concerns over enlisting DoD in Ebola response

….According to a senior military official, General Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs, said at a recent meeting: "The Department of Defense's number one priority is combating Ebola."

However, a Defense Department source told Fox News that alarms had been raised about the decision.

“We don’t need to be taking planners away from the CT [counterterrorism] mission, and that is what is going on,” the Defense Department source said.

….The efforts come amid dire warnings about the possibility that Ebola could spread, mutate or both.

Obama defended the decision to bring in the military in an interview with NBC’s “Meet the Press,” calling it a “national security priority.”

“If we don't make that effort now, and this spreads not just through Africa, but other parts of the world, there's the prospect then that the virus mutates, it becomes more easily transmittable, and then it could be a serious danger to the United States,” he said.

Michael Osterholm, director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota, also wrote in The New York Times that a possibility experts are reluctant to acknowledge publicly is that “an Ebola virus could mutate to become transmissible through the air.” It is currently only transmitted by contact with bodily fluids.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Maybe they know not matter what you do it wont be possible to contain it and prefer to focus in a less loss cause as fixing the middle east..

Or maybe it got nothing to do with them and they want to stay out of it as there are more capable organizations which deal with this sort of things, lets get there the untrained personal to fix it, yeah right

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: soficrow
So, the POTUS says one thing, and the DOD won't back him up. Good cop/bad cop? Or right hand lets the left have autonomy? It is beyond the realm of possibility to wonder if the government has done all the math? Or to guess that they may even have an estimated time-table of what could happen and when? Just speculating here...but could Ebola be part of the plan to deal with various terrorists? "The needs of the few," as Spock said famously. Would be a cracked plan, I suppose. But MSM is still beating the NFL drums, along with many beats for ISIS. Nothing on the volcano in Iceland. Because nothing else really exists for them, now that the media lives in a virtual candy shop of stories. No one is banging the cymbals for Ebola on any news channel. So it must not be a threat, people think (from what I see/hear IRL, Ebola isn't on the radar of many).
So, I can't help but wonder: Are TPTB fairly sure that they will have a vaccine by the time the virus goes airborne?
I may be mis-remembering, but I thought trials for an Ebola vaccine were set to begin this Sept--a Canadian pharma had a contract with the DOD (right?). But trials were d/c'd after the vaccine cased flu-like symptoms. Or some such. Then again, a small US company made a serum, using GMO tobacco leaves: ZMapp.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Oh, I thought from the title you were going conspiracy.

Ebola will be left to spread north and get the Islamic State IS.

Say......good spy type idea. Send devout fanatic Muslim freshly exposed to Ebola (up to three weeks for symptoms to occur) to ISIS, pay for his plane ticket and give him lots of money so the Islamic State IS will take him in. Hmmmmmmmmm, uh oh, the OP of another thread who said our evil words will haunt us is coming to get me.

In the words of the Obama administration - quote - "Never let a good crisis go to waste."

edit on 9Mon, 15 Sep 2014 09:33:37 -0500am91509amk151 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: drwill
So, the POTUS says one thing, and the DOD won't back him up. Good cop/bad cop? Or right hand lets the left have autonomy? It is beyond the realm of possibility to wonder if the government has done all the math? Or to guess that they may even have an estimated time-table of what could happen and when? Just speculating here...but could Ebola be part of the plan to deal with various terrorists? "The needs of the few," as Spock said famously. Would be a cracked plan, I suppose. But MSM is still beating the NFL drums, along with many beats for ISIS. Nothing on the volcano in Iceland. Because nothing else really exists for them, now that the media lives in a virtual candy shop of stories. No one is banging the cymbals for Ebola on any news channel. So it must not be a threat, people think (from what I see/hear IRL, Ebola isn't on the radar of many).
So, I can't help but wonder: Are TPTB fairly sure that they will have a vaccine by the time the virus goes airborne?
I may be mis-remembering, but I thought trials for an Ebola vaccine were set to begin this Sept--a Canadian pharma had a contract with the DOD (right?). But trials were d/c'd after the vaccine cased flu-like symptoms. Or some such. Then again, a small US company made a serum, using GMO tobacco leaves: ZMapp.

Actually it now appears that all sort of pharma companies were sitting on ebola vaccine research. There are quite a few vaccines back in testing now that big pharma sees that it can make money off of them.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Infect ISIS with Ebola via a missile or a drone and let that wipe them all out.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Most likely intentional. Just fits the timing of works events too well. America first to use nukes and first to start a plague. One of the most realistic conspiracies possible.

It's well known that a contributing factor to the Golden Horde overrunning Europe was their use of corpses from their own army in catapults. This was one of many reasons why the black plague was so bad and killed a quarter of Europe.

America is basically the Mongols. Research Genghis khan. His entire leadership position was to use unending war to keep all the various tribes and chiefs of his nation from turning in each other which was a constant problem when they were all at home in Mongolia. The Mongols were actually very successful at home and were far more civilized than they're given credit for. They had no mercy at war though. The main difference between America and the Golden Horde is back then they were only known as roving killers almost like demons. With all the news coverage now it's easy for people to stop fearing America especially since we export our culture. Last I checked Genghis khan didn't have really want anyone to join him

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: drwill

The WHO has been silent for about 11 days - no DON's, just a couple of well-hidden "roadmap updates." ...I don't think it bodes well. When the numbers do start coming again, they will be high.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

Ghengis Khan had NOTHING on the military-industrial complex.

....This conjunction of an immense military establishment and a large arms industry is new in the American experience. The total influence -- economic, political, even spiritual -- is felt in every city, every State house, every office of the Federal government. We recognize the imperative need for this development. Yet we must not fail to comprehend its grave implications. Our toil, resources and livelihood are all involved; so is the very structure of our society.

In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.

We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together.

Akin to, and largely responsible for the sweeping changes in our industrial-military posture, has been the technological revolution during recent decades.

In this revolution, research has become central; it also becomes more formalized, complex, and costly. A steadily increasing share is conducted for, by, or at the direction of, the Federal government.

...in holding scientific research and discovery in respect, as we should, we must also be alert to the equal and opposite danger that public policy could itself become the captive of a scientific technological elite.

It is the task of statesmanship to mold, to balance, and to integrate these and other forces, new and old, within the principles of our democratic system -- ever aiming toward the supreme goals of our free society.

edit on 15/9/14 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
FWIW...Prez is visiting CDC tomorrow for a "briefing":

www.11alive.com...

Now, is it a hat tip just in case or is he really concerned?

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

He says he's concerned - and has all the right talking points. But the way it reads, he's up against the military industrial complex. Not to mention a few seriously heavy global corporations. Doesn't look good. The Big Boyz have way more power and clout than Congress (not that they can't buy the votes they need).

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Or, it could be the other way around, "Ebola" a scaremongering epidemic to get people into taking a vaccine soon to be in the market, the president have not desire to fight ISIS during his presidency and rather get all his time and attention to Ebola that can become very profitable once the vaccine is offered.

Sometimes we need to see all the angles.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Are you saying they started it - or that it's not real?

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

It may look like that, the president against the Military private industrial complex, but the reason is that he may have a hidden reason when it comes to ISIS, but his presidential history shows that he is as pro corporation as any other president in the white house before him.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

When it comes to Ebola we know that is been around and very real when it comes to what happen in the last few months, I have to say that I am not comfortable with the latest developments, it kind of ring a bell at all the propaganda from the last pandemic that was going to kill everybody, it seems that is been an agenda when it comes on how to work the population in the dangers of contamination.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Well, when looking at where resources will be best allocated, whether you are DoD or the President, Ebola will most likely kill the poorest people..who don't vote, can't pay their debt anyways and inhabit countries with lots of natural resources.

It's a freaking sick mentality, to be sure. But that is the sort of false dichotomy that exists within the warped power structure of the elite. If we spent a third of the money on health that we spend on war, we would not even have these questions.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Agreed. ...But I do know enough science to know that everything on our planet is in a state of accelerated evolution - and it really is only a matter of time before a virulent pandemic appears. Scientists have been basically pooping themselves for a few years now because they know -and fear- the dangers. Politicians and business men see danger as an opportunity - and yes, they will play it for profit. Doesn't make it less real though.

...The scientists and medicos know the world needs to get to West Africa with trained people and equipment, and stop it there. The military-industrial crowd are pushing for quarantine and vaccine development (won't work - so there will be a global market for the stuff).

fyi - H5N1 bird flu pretty much wiped out Asia's poultry industry, went endemic and still kills people there, and wipes out farmers too. It didn't come here, but it wasn't -and isn't- 'nothing.' ...The 2009 H1N1 pandemic killed a lot more people than originally thought - and maybe the interventions helped. [You know I think they probably just caused more chronic diseases.]

....We're probably on the same page, just I get caught on certain details.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Actually not that possible, taking into consideration that when it comes to pandemics, US has been pretty good at avoiding them, I have seen graphics on the latest outbreaks, from swine flu, influenza, bird flu and ebola, it seems that is true it affects the poorest countries, when compare to the US we seem to come out clear.

Look at this chart.

pandemic.com...

It makes you wonder. . .

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I agree that we are heading to a major pandemic like the one we had back in 1918, when it comes to human casualties.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

Well, when looking at where resources will be best allocated, whether you are DoD or the President, Ebola will most likely kill the poorest people..who don't vote, can't pay their debt anyways and inhabit countries with lots of natural resources.

It's a freaking sick mentality, to be sure. But that is the sort of false dichotomy that exists within the warped power structure of the elite. If we spent a third of the money on health that we spend on war, we would not even have these questions.

All true.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join