It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magic

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

Appreciate the trap question. No druid books, sure. Lots of books about them. Very trollish way to go about things.

The poster is telling you the truth. There are plenty of books ABOUT the Druids. No books BY the Druids. They committed their history, laws, folklore, etc. to memory, and handed it down to the next generation of apprentice Bards, Ovates, and of course, Druids.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trapeze
a reply to: Kali74

Truth is religion.

NO NO NO NO

**facepalms repeatedly**

You lose your flag for that.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Religion is Truth, now give me back that flag.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Magik (not slight of hand) is engaging a supernatural force to achieve a desired end. In that respect prayer is indeed a form of magik. However the source of power is key here.

If the supernatural source of power is God (who is the source of all good) then we call it prayer, and it is the only method that he accepts as appropriate.

Alternative methods use different techniques, like sacrifice, incantation, symbols, amulets and other physical objects.

Rituals and the use of objects are expressly denounced in the scriptures, and is why the Catholic religion is so disagreeable to many Christians.

Religion is not faith. Religion is also not truth. Religion is the practice of man attempting to draw near to (G)god, and with it comes a never ending set of human imposed rules, regulations, and power structure.

The Jewish religion is a classic example. YWH sets 10 rules and 6 feast days. The rabbi's manage to expand that into 613.

In regards to your OP, I agree with you that there is an element of magik involved. There are definitely those opposed to the church who are actively engaged in spiritual warfare against it's people and the places where they congregate. You my friend are standing at the threshold of a very deep rabbit hole :-)

The spirit of religion (aka Babylon) also works within the church to take people's focus off God and onto other things (like dress code, politics, etc).

The scriptures are clear that many people will become incapable of receiving the word because their heart has been so hardened. They will read or hear the word of God and quite literally be unable to make any sense of it. These people are lost, and there is simply nothing we can do about it but move on be a witness to those who still have eyes to see and ears to hear.

edit on 15-9-2014 by UnderGetty because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Religion is not truth, religion is a way of keeping the masses at ease. The Word of GOD is the Truth. The Truth is within us.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Trapeze
Never mind. I have a bit more info now.

Have a great day!

edit on 15-9-2014 by chiefsmom because: know more

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Well, there isn't Any such thing as magic. Those that believe in magic do so by faith alone because magic being real cannot and obviously never will be proven. Those who "practice magic" do not practice magic, but delude themselves. In that respect it's right up there with "religion".

Magic has nothing to do with folks not understanding The Bible.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Say what?

"My religion" says it's o.k. for me to beat my wife and have sex with 10 year old girls. ( or even as young as 2 years old as is in the case of some Orthodox Jewish dispensations.) "My religion" tells me it's o.k. to slaughter men and take over the country (as in the case with extreme Muslims.)

You gonna tell me there is Truth in that? If you cannot make a clear distinction between all various religions but just lump them all together, then you do not have any clue what you are talking about.. no wonder you believe in magic.. you seem to need fairy tales to believe in because you're not looking at the facts.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Feel free to give us the info.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnPhoenix

Here's the one claiming the complete opposite of what I said.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Abednego

The truth within you is what makes you a religious man/woman.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

So really your thread entitled "Magic" is just an excuse for you to spout off some religous crap.

Making a note to not participate in your threads any more.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Religion...

Anything that involves constant study from a book to the absolute letter, and claim to serve or understand some higher power without getting killed by that power.

Necromancy, blood sacrifices, beserkers, idol worship and cannibalism . O and anything that offends God.
edit on 15-9-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

a : the use of means (as charms or spells) believed to have supernatural power over natural forces
b : magic rites or incantations
a : an extraordinary power or influence seemingly from a supernatural source
b : something that seems to cast a spell : enchantment
: the art of producing illusions by sleight of hand

2a
God is magic, thus God is evil by your standards. .

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

a reply to: Abednego

The truth within you is what makes you a religious man/woman.

I'm not a religious person ( I don't even go to church ). In order to be religious, you have to follow a religion, I don't follow any. Don't get me wrong; I BELIEVE IN GOD.

Now, let's talk about you; It's seems to me that you have no idea of anything. You start talking nonsense using contradictory language. And like your name implies, you come and go. There is nothing real in you, just being manipulated by an external force.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Magic is just intent->manifestation in energy form. Some push intent->manifestation like Jesus on their level to help others for instance Reiki/laying of hands. If intent->manifestation is wrong then you are doing something wrong when you pray for yourself or others in church since that is also using your intent to manifest a miracle/change.

The way to know if it is good are bad is look at the intent of the person choosing to do intent->manifestation.

God heals.

God acts thru man. Sometimes sending souls to earth to be the requester so that god can intervene at the same time as free will is uphold. Jesus, Buddha, Rumi and Nanak was sent. The seeds where sent and are currently here now on earth doing their thing.
edit on 15-9-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: UnderGetty

I wondered how long it would take before someone got the spelling and description correct. You did a great job. I won't ask how you know, hopefully it's through research as I have learned.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
alchemy is the backbone of magik. Just about every tale of unexplained events i have found in history i have also found that they always have roots in the animal or plant realms. You could take that statement to the bank but they will not last. I would say if you took science and zig zaged it you may start to see.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace
a reply to: UnderGetty

I wondered how long it would take before someone got the spelling and description correct. You did a great job. I won't ask how you know, hopefully it's through research as I have learned.

Thanks MarlinGrace, and yes I just couldn't take it any more. The thought of mixing up people like Dynamo, Chris Angel, David Blaine etc, with this sort of stuff. Oh wait...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join