It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aggressive police take hundreds of millions of dollars from motorists not charged with crimes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

The drug war has let so much evil prevail that you have to wonder if the drugs are as bad as the cure ?

Indeed, it has and strangely enough, just like the war on terror, neither can be "won" leaving us with bad policies, procedures and laws in place forever. Over time, those bad policies, procedures and laws slowly take shape into something completely different than what they were initially intended to do and tyranny becomes the end result.

Is drug use and terrorism a problem? Yes it is. Do the statistics of each problem warrant the loss of freedom and assault on the American public that is currently being waged? No, absolutely not. The correct course of action is to discontinue the war on drugs because it has failed and will always continue to fail.

We must also realize that terrorism is largely a manufactured threat when discussing it within America's borders and then act to make sure terrorism laws are in line with the actual threat and not the perceived threat and never compromise liberty as a result. Easpecilly true when on average bee stings have killed 20x more Americans per year than terrorism over the last decade and you are at least 8x more likely to be shot by a cop than a terrorist.

ISIS pull you over lately?

edit on 15-9-2014 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Helious

ISIS pull you over lately?

Since I still have my head nope they missed this infidel !

Statistics or the actual numbers are amazing are they not.

I agree with all that you said. Nothing like a war that can be claimed to last forever for the buggers who depend on it for employment and the companies/departments that make money off the whole thing.

"What did you do in the war daddy"?

"We busted people on holiday and got all their Christmas money; auh those were the days".

new topics

<< 1   >>

join