It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Information On Time Viewing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I know Einstein suggested that it could be possible to view through time, but not to travel through time. I would love to someday see a machine similar to the one in the book Childhoods End which could be dialed in to see a specific moment of time and space. I am having trouble finding any physics or research supporting this with my simple googling. Does anyone on here have any good leads.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: mikefougnie

No leads as of yet, but good topic! Best of luck on this endeavor!!! Syx.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   

I know Einstein suggested that it could be possible to view through time, but not to travel through time.
How do you know this?

In fact, the special theory of relativity allows travel forward through time...depending on your point of view.

And of course, we do look back in time when we look at stars.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   
There are a few scientists looking into the possibility. Dr. John Cramer, professor Emeritus of Physics at the University of Washington is experimenting with communication that could travel faster than the speed of light over long distances. Physicists call it "nonlocal quantum communication." See UW professor aims to make time travel a reality. Also, Ronald Mallett, Professor at the University of Connecticut, has used Einstein’s equations to design a time machine with circulating laser beams. While his team is still looking for funding, he hopes to build and test the device in the next 10 years. See Professor predicts human time travel this century.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: audenine

That article was from 2006...so you mean in the next 2 years??

I really do not understand the appeal of traveling in time, unless of course you wish to alter the past in some way, but as your good researcher explains we would be travelling to a past in another universe so we are essentially powerless to change the past of this universe.

Neat subject!

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
To clarify, I mean the a a little to see the past events of Earth. Not looking at stars or moving in time.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
To see past events on Earth, you would need a very powerful telescope that can travel faster than light. Send that telescope out to space, have it travel away from Earth at the speed of light, and while it is traveling focus the telescope on Earth. The telescope would see Earth's history rewind like a video.

That is because the light which Earth is reflecting out to space is still traveling outwards into space. If the telescope can travel faster than light, it can catch up to the light Earth reflected yesterday, and the day before, and eventually many years ago. But the further away into the past you want to see, the further away the telescope will have to travel.

The main problem is that Earth is rotating around the Sun, and it's own axis. So the light from the past is not all in one place, the telescope would have to position itself to look where Earth used to be in that specific point in time. If the Earth was stationary it would make things easier, but that is not the case. Oh, and there is the whole traveling faster than light thing...

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AtcGod

I really do not understand the appeal of traveling in time, unless of course you wish to alter the past in some way

I would love to go back in time solely to observe and see if history played out the way it has been told,Jesus, The dinosaurs, BIg Bang, I can go on and on.

but as your good researcher explains we would be travelling to a past in another universe so we are essentially powerless to change the past of this universe.

However, yet to be proven.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
It is feasible IMO for viewing and travelling in time.

There are probably sponsored researchers working on it right now.

They won't advertise it though.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAre0ne

To see past events on Earth, you would need a very powerful telescope that can travel faster than ligh

Or a fast enough hardware such as the iphone 600000000000000 or its equivalent samsung note 40000000
that can virtualy simulate the path all of matter,light, and hence rewind and even fast forward to predict the future.

Maybe future time travel will be virtual.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Here is something that will blow your mind... an old tale that I'm sure nobody here has heard of.

Supposedly there are specific points in the night sky that you can focus on with a specific device, and see into Earth's past. They say the gravity from some stars, galaxies, etc. bends the light which Earth has emitted. And, there are stars and galaxies just in the right positions in space which work together to completely turn the light from Earth around and point it back at Earth. Capturing this light from Earth will give you a glimpse into Earth's past.

Supposedly, there is a specific point in the sky that will allow you to look exactly 12 years into the past from the current date and time, another point in the sky that will allow you to see 144 years into the past from the current date and time. Because of the randomness of the placement of stars and galaxies, there could be hundreds of points in the sky to look into the past. You just need the right equipment.

But I'm sure it's just a myth...

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

That is why actually. I would love to see Jesus Christs resurrection.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAre0ne

That is awesome, I'm going to have to read up on that.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne
To see past events on Earth, you would need a very powerful telescope that can travel faster than light. ...
Oh, and there is the whole traveling faster than light thing...
In theory you don't need something impossible like a faster than light telescope, but the more realistic alternatives are almost as improbable, partly as you said because of the motion of the Earth.

If there was a giant reflector somewhere (and if there wasn't you could build one), you could aim an Earth telescope at the reflector and see back in time. In a way that won't excite the OP, this is what happens when we bounce laser light off the small reflector on the moon. The laser takes about a second to reach the moon and about a second to return, so we are seeing an Earth laser in the past from 2 seconds ago. This actually happens, and in theory you could do more and further but you run into all kinds of practical issues. None of the telescopes on Earth could get a good view of the Apollo moon landing sites, and to reflect an image back to Earth means looking twice as far, so it would be twice as hard or more to see something on Earth 2 seconds ago, compared to looking at the moon's surface.

So observing the Earth in the past is an interesting idea in theory, but actually implementing the idea runs into severe limitations. Most people won't get excited about seeing 2 seconds into the past with poor resolution, and it's hard to see how we could do much better in the near future.
edit on 15-9-2014 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne
Here is something that will blow your mind... an old tale that I'm sure nobody here has heard of.

Supposedly there are specific points in the night sky that you can focus on with a specific device, and see into Earth's past. They say the gravity from some stars, galaxies, etc. bends the light which Earth has emitted. And, there are stars and galaxies just in the right positions in space which work together to completely turn the light from Earth around and point it back at Earth. Capturing this light from Earth will give you a glimpse into Earth's past.

Supposedly, there is a specific point in the sky that will allow you to look exactly 12 years into the past from the current date and time, another point in the sky that will allow you to see 144 years into the past from the current date and time. Because of the randomness of the placement of stars and galaxies, there could be hundreds of points in the sky to look into the past. You just need the right equipment.

But I'm sure it's just a myth...

It sounds like you might get obsessed with building stone monuments that map out and highlight particular points in time and space. Wait...

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Yes, maybe even construct "rock telescopes"...

edit on 16-9-2014 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

It sounds like you might get obsessed with building stone monuments that map out and highlight particular points in time and space. Wait..

Using astronomical cycles to determine when to plant crops could be considered a form of looking into the future, I guess.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Theoretically, we can use wormholes to view through time, but I am not sure if that is do-able yet.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

I would love to go back in time solely to observe and see if history played out the way it has been told,Jesus, The dinosaurs, BIg Bang, I can go on and on.

Maybe you will.

top topics

join