It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's the real victim?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - A 21-year-old man from East Texas has been arrested in Baton Rouge after being accused of inappropriate behavior with a 15-year-old girl. According to documents from the Baton Rouge Police Department, 21-year-old Bolton Perry Alford, a Longview, TX resident, was at City Bar in downtown Baton Rouge on July 5.. Reports say two 15-year-old girls were able to get into the bar. That is where they met Alford. One of the girls stayed with Alford in the bar and danced with him until the bar closed, according to reports. When the bar closed, the girl, her friend, Alford and another man (unknown identity) got a ride to an apartment. The apartment belongs to one of Alford's friends. When they arrived, the victim told police that she and her friend were given marijuana and they all participated. Reports say Alford took the 15-year-old girl into a second floor bedroom where the indecent behavior took place. Police documents say the incident came to a stop when a disturbance took place involving the other 15-year-old girl and the other man. It is unknown at this time what the disturbance was. A warrant was issued for Alford's arrest on September 3, 2014 and was arrested on September 9, 2014. Alford was charged with indecent behavior with a juvenile and contributing to the delinquency of a juvenile. He was released from the East Baton Rouge Parish Prison on a $2,000 bond

source

So who is the real victim in this case? Little girl looked old enough to get into a bar without question then got herself a man for the night. The article doesn't make it clear whether the man knew her age or not but either way the charges would be the same. This man, whom all of us in the adult world would still consider a kid, will have the rest of his life raped because of this. Yet she is the victim? On one hand people taking advantage of kids is a deplorable act that should be punished more severely than it is, but what about cases like this? I think situations like this need to be looked at more carefully bc it happens quite often. Should this man have his life thrown to the curb and marked "pedophile" for this? I know she is just a kid but she probably deceived this man to have a good time. Where is her punishment for taking advantage of some young drunk man? I imagine if the fifteen year old were a guy and the 21 year old were a girl and they were found out the male would be charged for taking advantage of the girl while she was drunk.

Remember to always card potential lovers because you never know.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

To me it should simply be lesson learned for the girl. You want to go and be in grown up situations then you better be ready to deal with them too. Running to the cops isn't the answer. Now she knows she can get anyone in trouble if she's inclined. If anything she should face the same or similar charges. She lied about her age to be in a bar.

Similar to if she snapped photos of herself and sent them. 9/10 guys would fall for either without knowing her age, it's predatory.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho
It seems very predatory to me as well.

I don't see this girl being a victim at all to be honest.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
How is the bar not to blame for this in some part too?

When i enter a bar or a club, i assume everyone inside has been ID-ed and is of appropriate age.

I looked under age when i was of age till i was 30, i got ID-ed constantly yet others who were "early bloomers" didnt get asked for ID and were under age. Its a mine field some times. After a few drinks yourself you dont always think is this person of age, now this has never happened to me, but it very easily could have through no real fault of my own.

I feel sorry for both of them really. What a horrible situation, that guys life is going to be tarnished forever as will hers.

Difficult to say one way or the other whos to blame for what.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
What it doesn't state is if the girl was let in without being carded, or was carded and showed a fake ID that was beleivable to the bouncer. Either way, as boncho said:

To me it should simply be lesson learned for the girl. You want to go and be in grown up situations then you better be ready to deal with them too.

Personally, going off the information in the article I think he is the victim if he did not know her true age.
1) She was in a bar after hours until last call, no one should have to look at the ID of a potential partner, that should have been done at the bar.
2) If she had a fake ID that said she was 21, had an appearance she could be 21 (and many do nowadays), and acted as if she could be 21, he cannot be held accountable.
Now, if I were this young man, i would fight these charges seeking out the information I have mentioned. In addition, I would be filing a lawsuit against the bar owners, bartenders, bouncer, and the girls parents.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

I agree completely.

But I really doubt anyone will back the pedophile.

Laws pretty set in stone regardless of circumstance from what I've heard. Unless you're rich of course.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
A law is never set in stone, if the circumstances of the case happen to be the points I noted, it is a case I personally would take all the way to the state's Supreme Court to ensure there are protections against things like that.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

I'm checking ID's every time I talk to chicks at the bar, even if they look 40. F that noise.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Wow, an F'd up situation for sure. I would not blame the guy. I would blame the bar first, than the chick for instigating said offense! B.S. Is what I see!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
A gross miscarriage of justice if this man is charged with anything involving this girl and that is coming from the mother of a 16 year old girl. When one goes into a bar one assumes the bar has done it's job and made sure everyone in there has been carded. I'm sure neither of these girls offered up the fact that they were underage. I've been there and done that way back in my much younger days. We never told either. But times were different and my parents would have never pressed charges if I was the one acting like that. Forced rape would have been something entirely different.

I think it's terrible that guys this age can have their entire lives ruined because of something like this. The parents may want to consider putting bars on these girl's windows after this if they can't do any better than that. If they stayed until the bar closed that usually means "last call" which I am assuming is around 2 am in most states. Why does no one miss two 15 year olds at that time? Another story I guess.

They guy shouldn't even have to show up in court for anything concerning these girls IMO.
edit on 9/15/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: theyknowwhoyouare
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

I agree completely.

But I really doubt anyone will back the pedophile.
Laws pretty set in stone regardless of circumstance from what I've heard. Unless you're rich of course.

He could 'maybe'? be a molester ... but not a paedophile. A paedophile is only

interested in pre pubescent children

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
We don't really know what happened to cause the disturbance at the apartment. Very probably he thought they were going to have sex, but at this point, if she said, "No." it doesn't really matter how old she was. If he persisted AFTER she said "No," it's his problem, no matter if she deceived him and the bar about her age or not.

But we don't know that, yet we're judging the situation based on sparse information about what actually happened. It makes no sense to "blame the girl" OR "blame the guy" until we know exactly what caused the "disturbance." Anything else is just jumping to conclusions.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler
While correct it is not right to make a judgement without all the information and facts, and I've noted such in my own posts only stating a very likely and specific scenario where the guy would be the victim. That said, I think you misunderstood the story and people’s post's a tiny little bit. The altercation happened between the friends of the guy and girl in the article. Also, I am not sure if the news knows at this point or not, but " indecent behavior" as we all are assuming means casual relations, or carnal knowledge, but that vocabulary doesn't necessarily mean rape and perhaps if the news reporters knew, they would state such? That could have been a case of "no" followed by pressure though.

No matter what, you are right that we need more information and if she said "no" he is in the wrong regardless; however, I will stand by my own earlier statements.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
It's clear what your position is. There is no ambiguity about where you stand. It comes out in the first sentence as you ask who is the real victim. I have not "misunderstood" anything about your post. The fact is you don't know ANYTHING about what actually happened. The news report simply does not provide sufficient data, which you should know. Your huge assumption is that HE is the "victim" when you know nothing of the sort. I'm suggesting neither you nor anyone else knows what the issues are and that any presumption otherwise is jumping to unwarranted conclusions.

If he's been intentionally set up and falsely accused, he's a victim. Fine. If he forced himself on her, no matter what her age, she's the victim. And if per chance she was underage and willing, the courts will find him liable anyway because the onus is upon him to figure it out.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

The disturbance was between the other two involved in this situation.

Police documents say the incident came to a stop when a disturbance took place involving the other 15-year-old girl and the other man

And the thread is about those caught in these situations, not this situation in particular.

edit on 21-9-2014 by theyknowwhoyouare because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
This happens a lot more than you think it happened to me a long time ago and boy was that girl hard work to get rid off .

I was taken in when she told me she had a job never thought it might be part time , in the uk this would be laughed at unless the girl made a complaint to the police .

The guy should sue the bar for pain and suffering

top topics

join