It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea jails US man Matthew Miller for six years

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
BBC news

According to reports

According to KCNA, Mr Miller tore up his tourist visa on arrival in the country and shouted that "he came to the DPRK [North Korea] after choosing it as a shelter."

So can someone tell me why the USA is trying to get him released?

Surely this clown made his bed and decided he doesn't want to be a American Citizen? Leave him in North Korea and give his place in the USA to a deserving hard working grateful person from the 3rd world wanting to become a LEGAL US citizen.

North Korea goes on to say:

During the trial, prosecutors said Mr Miller admitted having a "wild ambition" to spend time in a North Korean prison so he could find out about the country's human rights situation, the Associated Press (AP) reports.

If this is the case then he is even more of a idiot and deserves a Darwin award if he dies during his 6 years hard labour.

No idea why his release is a top priority. The USA has enough idiots floating about why do you want another one back?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I know I sound crazy, and I know crazy people are out there...but sometimes I just think no one can be this stupid. This has to be a double agent or something...right?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Catacomb
I know I sound crazy, and I know crazy people are out there...but sometimes I just think no one can be this stupid. This has to be a double agent or something...right?

It did cross my mind that he is some CIA agent reject.

Though he must have been in special ed spy school to be this stupid.

I see a spy movie staring Adam sandler appearing
edit on 14-9-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-9-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Maybe he himself is off his rocker?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Maybe he himself is off his rocker?

Well I highly doubt he was particularly level headed to tear his visa up in North Korea.

That doesn't seem to be what sane people do.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Well, maybe he heard of their awesome Munsu water-park and just couldn't resist?
uritours.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Sounds to me like he is a text book example of jumping from the frying pan into the fire?

Why go to North Korea?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
He wanted to spend time in a north Korean prison?

See there kids, if you're ambitious enough, you really can make your wildest dreams come true.

edit on 14-9-2014 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Well, maybe he heard of their awesome Munsu water-park and just couldn't resist?
uritours.com...

Well he can enjoy 6 years in one of there world famous "holiday" (concentration) camps instead. fun activity's include:
Hard Labour
Torture
Beatings
Starvation
Sexual abuse
Medical Experiments
Mock Executions.
Typhus fever

No idea why the USA wants him back after ripping his visa up.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
`The pursuit of happiness has been achieved,he may now enjoy it.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
`The pursuit of happiness has been achieved,he may now enjoy it.

Yeah he may be some extreme ‎BDSM fetish maniac

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I feel sorry for the other inmates, they now have to put up with the typical load mouthed American tourist

Least from the picture from the trial they dont allow Hawaiian shirts

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
I feel sorry for the other inmates, they now have to put up with the typical load mouthed American tourist

Choices for dinner tonight at NK prison camp. Insects and leaves, or loudmouth American tourist.

Hmmm.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheToastmanCometh

Sounds to me like he is a text book example of jumping from the frying pan into the fire?

Why go to North Korea?

Choosing NK over the US?

Quite a message.

Peace

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

originally posted by: crazyewok

Choices for dinner tonight at NK prison camp. Insects and leaves, or loudmouth American tourist.

Hmmm.

Yup a nice red meat fed American would go down nicely......yummmmm.....

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I find this very revealing about this administration.

The White House has described securing the release of Mr Miller and the two other American citizens detained in North Korea as a "top priority".

But yet they don't do squat and actively hinder the release of the two journalists held by ISIS, who are then beheaded.

My dislike for this administration grows by the day.
edit on 14-9-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

I find this very revealing about this administration.

The White House has described securing the release of Mr Miller and the two other American citizens detained in North Korea as a "top priority".

But yet they don't do squat and actively hinder the release of the two journalists held by ISIS, who are then beheaded.

My dislike for this administration grows by the day.

Honestly I dont blame you.

Why would this clown be who willing choose to go to North Korea be more of a priority than kidnap victims?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I would be cautious about trusting any information coming out of the North Korean state. That includes the government's media report about Miller's alleged act of tearing his passport/visa and yelling at staff. We don't know what he done, and North Korea is notorious for the ways in which they handle prosecutions of foreigners.

Miller may have committed the acts, he may have not.

If he did tear up his documents, i would say that he deserves what he gets. If he did not, then he would need to be released as soon as possible.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

The US government actually performed a raid on an IS compound in an attempt to free the prisoners, including those already killed by IS. Obviously the raid was unsuccessful, but it shows that the US government actually tried to do something.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Makes me wonder why a American would choose to go to a country that actively despises you, who is still technically at war with you and is constantly threatening the USA with nuclear annihilation (as pathetic as that sounds from North Korea.)

To me one seems to takes ones own like in ones hands when they go to North Korea and should take personal responsibility for there won stupid actions.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join