It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl With Cerebral Palsy Nearly Cures Stutter With Weed. Unreal!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
CBD oil? it contains no mind altering THC but with the health benefits.
My son is actually being considered for Epidex which is a drug containing pure CBD oil to control his seizures and aid in his development as a result of these seizures. I am all for anyone who needs the benefit of a drug for whatever reason have access to it legally and safely.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: TDawgRex
a reply to: purplemer
If she is going to partake due to the benefits it provides her, she should try vaping or maybe get prescribed Dronabinol, who's active ingredient is delta-9-THC and IS legal. That is a lot safer than coating her lungs in tar which will cause her even more problems down the road.

Synthetic THC and cannabis are not the same thing! THC is probably not even the main canabinoid that is relieving her symptoms and would on it's own probably just make her very paranoid and worsen her symptoms. It would most likely be due to the right ratio of THC and CBD in the medical strain she is smoking that relives her symptoms.

Exactly this. Some people don't realise that this is the case. It's a synergistic effect from the whole plant, and the right strain of plant at that. As far back as the early 90s I've seen people who have been forced to buy expensive synthetic drugs still have to break the law and purchase plant material, because the synthetic chemical just did not do it.

It's like forcing someone to buy a cylinder of compressed air and forcing them to breathe using a mask, or arrest them for breathing the air outside. it's insane.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Thanks for the education. I'd never heard of CBD and looked it up. The first article I read was very informative concerning the medicinal uses as were some of the comments.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

It raises blood pressure, hence why people with a history of high blood pressure are in danger of having a stroke or heart attack (or other cardiovascular problems) if they consume it.

Chronic use of it however is supposed to lower BP.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk

It raises blood pressure, hence why people with a history of high blood pressure are in danger of having a stroke or heart attack (or other cardiovascular problems) if they consume it.

Chronic use of it however is supposed to lower BP.

Hmmm...that flies in the face of conventional thinking. Could it be because of psychological addiction? And I wonder what would happen to a chronic user if they went cold turkey? Would their BP skyrocket?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
It works on Asperger's Syndrome. A person suffering with the symptoms can find great relief with its use. Socializing becomes easier, one is released from the Aspie mindset.

Shame on the powers for preventing medicine from reaching the people.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

I don't know if it makes socializing easier. But it does most definitely make you less obsessive with one way single subject conversations and far less likely to irritate the crap of everyone you talk to, lol. It also helps with the feeling of being overwhelmed and trapped inside your own mind, I suppose.

edit on 14-9-2014 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

The term recreational use can be countered with the term prevenitive maintainence.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

thank you for your help and linking the video for me..

purp...

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Hello Slayer

It is the same video just a different youtube line to it...

www.youtube.com...=10

Happy days

purp..)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

The term recreational use can be countered with the term prevenitive maintainence.

No it can't.

They both have separate meanings.

Your'e using semantics and as such will get this thread shut down...unless that is what you are trying to do.

Preventative maintenance when it concerns health is a mandatory thing (that many ignore), and if taking a certain drug makes a person happy and more productive in life, then that is a side effect. Many of those same side effects turn people into addicts as well. Which is counter productive concerning ones well-being.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex What you post is just one way to look at it. I would not call being happy or less criminal a side effect if one seeks a substance for that effect. If i drink to unwind then that is not a side effect. If i am in a fit of rage and take something to calm myself then the calming is not a side effect it is preventive of something much worse i would have done if i had not chilled out. Taking a vacation can also be prevenitive maintance givin that in general it is good to relax sometimes. What comes first the stress or the blowup due to not relieving stress? If steps are taken to prevent a blowup or breaking bad then doing something to prevent it is not a side effect. I could also argue that recreation in most forms is preventive and not just a side effect of not being able to work all the time. Now if we could only get obama care to see things my way we would all be sitting on a beach once a year.
edit on 14-9-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

OK...I'll give you that. But to many people do use various substances because it makes them feel good, rather than treat or cure their ailments. That is one of the reasons why heroin is such a scourge. People become addicted to whatever pain reliever they are prescribed, and then when the doc think that they are becoming addicted, they lessen the dosage or prescribe something else and then those people turn to something else cheaper and more dangerous.

I think it's a fine line we walk when taking anything that makes us feel happy. It can easily become addicting, which we all have seen. It takes over the individuals life and ruins others as well that care about them. Whether it be booze, pot or something else.

I just wish that Big Pharma would look for cures, rather than drugs that mask the symptoms. But there would be very little money in that.
edit on 14-9-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
No doubt but poor mary jane has been stuck in the class with a bunch of losers for too long and ops like this one show that the truth is coming to the surface.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

I have no problem with marijuana being prescribed for medicinal purposes, though I do have a problem with it being prescribed in the cigarette form. Why a Doc would prescribe joints to some one going through chemo for lung cancer makes absolutely no sense to me.

Eating it in food or vaping makes more sense. I've said it before and I'll continue to say it. Big Pharma are idiots for not catching on to this. A vaping machine costs big bucks which insurance, MediCare/MedicAid in most cases would pick up. Not to mention the various food products that Nabisco or some such could make.

I suffer from chronic back pain and asked my doc about this (I haven't done weed in over three decades, since high school) and he looked at me all funny like. Nothing seems to be working I told him and I'm starting to get desperate. Medicinal herb is illegal where I live, but if it helped me with my PT without making me stoned, I would consider it a God-send.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I hate that. My doctor actually suggested it for my chronic back pain after years of me refusing narcotic pain medication. At the moment, living in ga, it's not legal even medicinally. Although, I hear that that may change in the near future.

I'm not sure if you deal with severe nausea because of the pain but it seems as though you could kill both those birds with one stone. I'm 30 years old and can barely play with my 4 year old kid. My family looks at me as an idiot because I won't simply address the problem with "simple" pain medication. I've seen what that garbage can do to people's lives; I won't have it.

However......I can guarantee your ass they'd view me as worthless druggie if I once touched marijuana..."the devils weed".

It's a danged shame how perverted our perceptions can be when backed by the money-crazed medical/pharmaceutical industries.

It's a sick world...

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Kinda off topic but i have had great results with my back pain by spending hours a day barefoot walking around on the ground. It will not happen overnite but after a couple weeks you will notice a change. It has made a difference for me especially after it rains and i walk bare foot.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
Kinda off topic but i have had great results with my back pain by spending hours a day barefoot walking around on the ground. It will not happen overnite but after a couple weeks you will notice a change. It has made a difference for me especially after it rains and i walk bare foot.

I walk a minimum of 4 miles a day and am often barefoot, weather permitting...still in pain though daily. Doing PT, the stretches and yoga and still the same.

I do believe that it is helping me stay somewhat active...but as a human being, I want more. I want to kayak again, be able to ride a bike for periods of time, get back to using a chainsaw, shovel snow, etc, etc. I want to wake up and not sound like a xylophone, which only provides temporary relief. Hell, I want to be able to trim my toenails when needed and not have to wait on one of my good days.

I know I'm getting older, but I think I'm to young for this crap.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

The only other thing i would mention is too make sure the trees around you are healthy. It is just another crazy idea but my firm belief is that we are linked to plants. It could be at your house or perhaps where you grew up but there may be a tree in need of health. Yea it is far fetched but my pain all started when a certain tree around me was taken out. I suffered for several hours with what felt like a hand saw cutting me in half. Terrible pain that caused me too not be able to walk for weeks and hobble for months. I would never have put these things together if it were not for the pain starting all at once along with a chain saw in the background. It could be a coincidence but i do not believe in those. After that i started watching and noticed that someone i know was suffering from shoulder problems. i recommended that a certain tree be trimmed in the spring and now a couple yrs of pain for him is gone.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Prescription cannabis is a joke. CBD is the actual miracle of cannabis. There is nothing out there that man can make that is better than the natural one. a reply to: TDawgRex

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join