It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More confusion caused by the ACA, or ObamaCare, if you prefer.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: abecedarian
Can someone explain why I'm not eligible for any benefits, at all, despite my contributions to the system?

I suggest you speak to a tax advisor instead of trying to get financial advice from a conspiracy forum.

Good God the humor of truth. Gotta love it.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677
a reply to: rnaa

For most people the cost of self insurance has gone down. Significantly. It is inevitable that some people are paying more, especially if they live in a state that has thumbed its nose at the ACA system. Perhaps they should move to a more enlightened state.

Can you provide a reliable non-kool-aid website with stats that support this statement? This has not been my experience. My coverage was better, I paid less, and I didn't have the frustration dealing with it that I have now.

Nor has it been mine. At the beginning of the current administration and talks started about Obama Care (lets not forget thats what he called it) my health insurance through Kaiser was $434.00 mth. Then they raised it to $810.00 and after a heated phone call they admitted they were preparing cost increases because of the coming of Obama Care.

So being the cheap ass I am I went uninsured for a couple of years grumbling the whole time. Then 3 years ago met my perfect woman she insisted on health care so I went to almost 1K a month for us both through her work and it was employer subsidised. All that is going to change with a renew this year and we are going to $2300.00 a month for us both because the company doesn't want the expense any longer. There are many more details considering the wife is the CFO of the company but to much to list.

As I sit and type, I hold my finger towards DC letting Obama know my approval of his health care act.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

Thank you, I see. He says he could have used Medicaid/Medicare. California expanded those programs as a result of the ACA. Some one already suggested he try them, but apparently he is not interested. So the question remains what would he have done before the ACA?

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

Can you provide a reliable non-kool-aid website with stats that support this statement?

Of course one man's kool-aid is another man's hallucinagen. But here are a few starters.

Some big Obamacare news: premiums will fall in seven big cities

The Health-Care Trilemma: How Obamacare is changing insurance premiums

After Obamacare: Number of Uninsured Hits Five-Year Low

Ask yourself why 10 million people in America were uninsured? The answer, in general, is that they couldn't afford it (and they didn't work where it was offered through their workplace) or they were flat out denied insurance at any price. That number is falling. That means that more people can afford it (and of course more people are working as Obama steers the economy to recovery). More people can afford it because the cost of providing their own insurance is falling.

That is not to say that some people have a different experience. There are winners and losers. The numbers of winners far outweigh the losers. abecedarian seems to be caught in a tug of war between somewhere and somewhere else. That is not good enough, but it is hardly typical.

Many folk in states that thumbed their noses at Obamacare are having a hard time too. That is not the ACA's fault, it is the immoral state officials who apparantly prefer their constituents to continue to overburden the underfunded health systems in their state or just die off.
edit on 16/9/2014 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Well, I guess this warrants a follow-up.

"Covered California" says I made too much money last year (>$41000) to qualify for coverage without a co-payment. Funny, though, they consider my income AND my wife's income- we're married... uh duh! And she gets hers yet I don't get mine.

How does that work, with two people contributing towards each others' income, yet one qualifies and the other doesn't?

CC refers me to the county I live in, and the county says I'm covered and I have to go argue with CC.

EVERYTHING worked well before and now I can't get the medical services I could have received just 2 years prior.

Thanks ACA! Without you, I'd be healthy!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: abecedarian
Oh please, give me a break. It is purely because you are a male, plain and simple. Lived in Ca, for most of my life until recently. I know the game there. This has nothing to do with the ACA and more to do with the fact that as far back as I can remember (20+ years) California just doesn't like giving benefits to men. It is even worse if you are in one of the counties north of Sac.
Face it, you are being discriminated based on sex. They would have turned you down BEFORE the ACA.

Now don't go thinking that I am supporting the ACA, I am not, far from it. I just want you to understand that this is sexual discrimination and has been going on for years upon year.

The day your nephew turns 19 he will be SOL.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Thank you. More threads need follow ups.

I tried to explain that you made too much money on the first page to someone else. I'm wondering though, if your wife is covered, is there anything you can do to share in that coverage? Or does CC just cover individuals?

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

Thank you. More threads need follow ups.

I tried to explain that you made too much money on the first page to someone else. I'm wondering though, if your wife is covered, is there anything you can do to share in that coverage? Or does CC just cover individuals?

That's the funny thing. Being that her and I are legally married, my income affects her status, as does her income affect my status. And there-in lies the asinine logic: I made too much money last year and am not eligible... they'll overlook that I was receiving un-employment for around 7 of those months by the way- that's income!.

yep, when I'm working, I earn between &65-95K annually, which puts me into the $400-450 weekly UI benefit block.

UI is taxable income, despite the fact I paid taxes on that withholding when they took it.

Still, no one can explain why my wife, who must use my income to qualify, receives benefits, yet I, who must use my wife's income to qualify, I do not qualify.

Maybe it is as mentioned above, a male / female thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join