It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC’s 3 Steps for Home Invasion Defense: Use Wasp Spray Illegally, Treat Invader ‘Like Royalty'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: bullhunter

I understand the point of the article.

And it's BS.

Never, EVER, rely on the mercy of a criminal invading your home.

No man... You just don't get it! How irresponcible of you... Jeez... Okay I have another way for you, as you probably can't operate the phone, you might trip over the cord and strangle yourself or worse yet you could land on the poor thug and hurt him some, poor blighter...

So...

Step one: Ask the thug if he'd like a guided tour of your home so you can better detail all your most valuable belongings.
Step two: Once the thug has picked out which he'd like offer to lend a hand, it's nice to be nice afterall.
Step three: Thank the thug for choosing you and let them know the dates you'll not be home for at least a month and also where you keep the spare key. Or just give them one. Don't want the poor bugger cutting themselves on broken glass trying to force their way in now do we.

You see, no need to shoot anyone... Honest, it's alllll goooood.

edit on 14-9-2014 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
An intruder is lucky, if I decide to shoot them. If I am in a foul mood, I am grabbing my katana and they will not be having a good day

But seriously, yeah I prefer click, click, boom. Bug spray is not what I will be spraying.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
So what do I use for wasps?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
So what do I use for wasps?

Machine guns obviously! Jeez some people!

Well actually it depends if you only have 1 wasp I would recommend grenade, just pull the pin wait a few seconds then loss it in the wasps general direction, the aim here is to have it explode in mid air... But failing that you could always politely ask it to leave?

EDIT: Sorry I thought this was a thread to hand out bogus non-sense advice? Was the little piggy actually serious? 0.o
edit on 14-9-2014 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Yeah , to bad Sharon Tate didn't Carry a Gun back in 69 ' ...........

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I have bear repellant and a gas mask.

I live in a 34 foot RV and they are hard to break into in the first place.

The only door with a window has a 1/2 inch thick sheet of lexan plastic panel that i installed on the inside of the door glass to slow down anyone trying to break in.

I also have a .45 1911 and a body bag just in case none of the others work.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED
Out of curiosity, do you drill putting your gas mask on?

edit on Sun, 14 Sep 2014 20:15:28 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I don't know about you, but having my car keys and wasp spray won't make me feel safe Vs. violent, armed home invaders.

Oh, I don't know... I kind of like the idea of wasp spray. It would give me a chance to blind them while I grab the gun and shoot them into next week.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
As someone who has survived an extremely violent home invasion, I can promise you that spraying a psychopath with wasp spray will get you raped and killed quick, fast, and in a hurry. I don't even understand why an ex-cop would make such a ridiculous suggestion.

I'm also amused at all the tough guys in this thread who think they are gonna have time to go grab their guns and blow the bad guys away. That's just unrealistic unless you happen to be sitting in your lazy boy with your gun in your hand when your door gets kicked in.

My advice would be flood lights with motion sensors to cover the entry points of your home, an alarm system, and doors that would take a battering ram to get through.

If all of that fails and you find yourself unarmed and facing a group of thugs with guns, then follow their commands, keep your eyes on the floor, and pray like you've never done before.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75
It makes sense to have your defense guns in places where you are the most. Maybe not in your lap in your lazyboy, but close enough by that you can grab it from there. No, I don't follow the "logic" that all my guns should be in a safe or gun cabinet lol. Lot of good that would do having to fumble with the lock if I need it.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Not disagreeing with most of what you have said here, but....

I'm also amused at all the tough guys in this thread who think they are gonna have time to go grab their guns and blow the bad guys away.

What makes you think that some of us will need much time to grab the guns?
I keep mine tucked pretty close. On top of the barking dog (little dog, couldn't do much harm but a hell of an alarm system) it would take me about 1.5 seconds to be slinging lead their way.

Anyways, other than that....glad you survived!

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

that's actually a valid question.

personally I think giving police officers guns is asking for unnecessary shootings to occur.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: riffraff

hmm.. perhaps.

it might also mean less 7 year olds off themselves with mommy's derringer.
a reply to: deadeyedick

hmmm.. so you're referring to that guy who coup-de-graced a burglar,

coup de grace is murder, incapacitation is not.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: NonsensicalUserName
a reply to: butcherguy

that's actually a valid question.

personally I think giving police officers guns is asking for unnecessary shootings to occur.

Police having guns isnt the issue, its how often and without necessary provocation they draw them thats the problem.

While criminals with no respect for the law or life have guns, the police must have guns.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
Out of curiosity, do you drill putting your gas mask on?

I am EX US Navy and ex vol firefighter/EMT do i really need to train.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Understood

Only reason I asked was because I knew a boatload of people that purchased surplus gas masks for protests, and had to ask me how to use them lol. Having a gasmask and not knowing how to use them is like buying a rubber and pulling it over your head
Any defense tactic needs to be drilled in my mind. No disrespect meant at all.
edit on Sun, 14 Sep 2014 22:39:20 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I wonder how NBC will handle it when someone does try spraying wasp spray and all it does is piss off the criminal breaking in.

The best option for protecting your family is a firearm. Celebrities are progressive minded fools. Misery loves company and that is why progressive minded people are always trying to change everybody else accept themselves. It is the same concept as the bad worker always pointing out others failures in the workplace.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Sounds like conditioning.

So how can you get your family out of such a situation alive? Wallace Zeins, who was a New York police detective and hostage negotiator for 22 years, says you may have an excellent alarm system at your fingertips that you haven't even thought about: Electronic car keys with a built-in alarm. "Most people don't realize this, but they leave their car keys downstairs," Zeins said. "Bring your car keys up. Alarm systems are very expensive, and this is a loud one. All you have to do is hit the keys. They don't realize it, but it's the best alarm system, and doesn't cost them a penny."

Car alarm?

Zeins also suggests keeping another item in your bedroom: "Buy a can of wasp hornet spray in the hardware store or the supermarket, keep it by your bedside or the floor," he said. "It's more powerful than police Mace.

Uh...

Meanwhile, while you scramble for these devices, the suspect is doing what ever they want.

In a worst-case scenario — if you are captured by an intruder, like Susan Dawson — you should cooperate and tell them where the valuables are, Zeins advises. "You tell them exactly where it is. You want to get them out of there as quickly as you can," he said. "Remember, treat them like royalty. On top of that, you don't want to lie to them."

Submit? Give that what ever they want-not always limited to just valuables? FFS. I'll keep it at: Hope you have insurance like the celebrities in the article do!

Source - Today/CBS

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
We've had a run on wasp spray at my general store. Wouldn't a paintball mask defeat it while being intimidating at the same time? I happened to see the show too, thanks to my GF who loves that box. I too thought it was strange that the big fix wasn't to possess a firearm. I thought the noise maker was a nice idea. It would wake you up to get your gun.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth
How many celebrities don't hire multiple armed guards? Apparently they don't consider the option of calling 911 and waiting for them to respond, they hire mercs to act as their chauffeurs and butlers. No joke, back in my haydays of NY, I worked for many rich ass people, they lived in gated communities, armed guards at the gate, also their chauffeurs and butlers also were armed. Most of them were not even celebrities either, just rich as hell. From NYRangers, to NYYankees, To politicians, to CEO's. Most of them I never heard of before or after the job, but they had boatloads of money, due to the gated communities they lived in, and the vehicles they owned. Cars that cost more than my inflated 350,000+ raised ranch house lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join