It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Professional cheerleading 'should be abolished'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Lyxdeslic

We regularly go to college football games and the cheerleaders are generally tastefully dressed in more traditional outfits. Sometimes, the tops might be sleeveless, more tank top style, but they wear the more skirt-style or tight-style pants. Even our school's pom-pom squad is never scantily clad.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

We regularly go to college football games and the cheerleaders are generally tastefully dressed in more traditional outfits. Sometimes, the tops might be sleeveless, more tank top style, but they wear the more skirt-style or tight-style pants. Even our school's pom-pom squad is never scantily clad.

That's good to know that where you're at, people are still tasteful. = ) Maybe they can spread that back to the places where they are dressing their cheerleaders... Badly.
I like cheerleaders. As a cheerleader, I liked cheerleading. I don't want to see it go away. I would like to see them have some decency.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Don't call a cheerleader mediocre until or unless you have personally reviewed her calendar.

Cheerleading is long long way from prostitution; there isn't even a lap-dance involved. No money ever changes hands.

It's just reveling in some lady's exuberance and symmetrical bone structure. "Art for Art's sake."

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Funny that no one...not one single person (I think) has said a word about:

Cheerleader Prostitutes!

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I'm a live and let live sort of gal.

You want to cheer... Cheer damn it. Do it until your heart is content. Most who do it, know and enjoy that fact that they are eye candy. Same as the women who dress in little more than bikinis to go grocery shopping at Walmart. You aren't doing it because it's just that hot outside. You're out for a cat call and if that's what floats your boat??? Float on.

Prostitution?? Same thing. You want to sell it for cash? I could not care less. It's no different than selling it for a diamond ring, a new car, a bigger house, or a new Gucci handbag. SAME DIFFERENCE and don't come knocking on my post trying to convince me otherwise.

If somebody is willing to pay and you are willing to sell? Who the hell am I to say two adults can't do what they want just because they don't have a marriage license? Yeah... I went there.

I'm sick of the PC crowd thinking all humans need protection like some kind of WWF.
edit on 9/14/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Well stated! I 2nd your opinion!

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Pom poms get in the way of handling bread, meat (more bacon please), mayo, tomatoes, lettuce, etc.

I'm gonna pay for the above remark.

ETA: straight up ... societal norms change like the seasons. The problem really boils down to maturity. Everyone can't handle it, but you can't screen those people out. That's why hookers get beaten, raped, and killed. That's why pimps have a job.
edit on 1492014 by Snarl because: ETA

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Here's a gallery of what's considered hot in college cheer. Of course, most college cheer squads do gymnastics and lifts and are actually reasonably athletic girls, so what they wear has to be able to stick to them without them falling out of it. That's why you see so many sports bra type tops which are actually modest compared to the NFL type tops or the unitard style outfits which are like a track athlete's.

These don't fall off when you do a row of handsprings.

But you don't see NFL squads doing this kind of thing. They do dance and are for eye candy, so their outfits don't need to be as fitted.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Why not? Dumb blondes need something to do..... KIDDING, I'm kidding!

Cheer leading was never my thing, but neither is prostitution or beauty pageants. Just because it's not my thing, doesn't mean I think any of those should be banned. As long as it's consenting adults, I'm okay with it.

Now, those little kid beauty pageants - those need to go away. Or at least, they need to keep the kids dressed and singing/dancing in a more age-appropriate way. I think we need to ban 6-year-old kids looking like little miniature whores.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Cheer leading was never my thing, but neither is prostitution or beauty pageants. Just because it's not my thing, doesn't mean I think any of those should be banned. As long as it's consenting adults, I'm okay with it.

Now, those little kid beauty pageants - those need to go away. Or at least, they need to keep the kids dressed and singing/dancing in a more age-appropriate way. I think we need to ban 6-year-old kids looking like little miniature whores.

I don't agree with you very often, but on this, children beauty pageants, I do.

I find it somewhat nauseating to parade children around like that. Babies in make-up?

WHY!

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: beezzer

Cheerleading is an institution of mediocrity and insipidness. It should be banned.

I agree it's insipid but who gets to make the official decision as to what is mediocre and insipid and should therefore be banned? Therein lies the problem.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Anyone who thinks there isn't a certain amount of athleticism that goes into cheer at some levels hasn't listened to my boss talk about the laundry list of injuries, serious ones, her daughter sustained in cheer - knee, ankle, head (including a concussion). The things they had the cheer squad doing took athleticism and put wear and tear on the body like it did other athletes.

So are other athletes also insipid and mediocre?

I mean clearly ... no athleticism needed to do any of these routines at all. I'm sure any of you who think this is stupid and insipid could just bounce right up and do all of this. Right?

edit on 14-9-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Don't be pained sir. Imagine if everyone shared the same opinion. We'd all be cheerleaders.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Cheerleading is an institution of mediocrity and insipidness. It should be banned.

I agree it's insipid but who gets to make the official decision as to what is mediocre and insipid and should therefore be banned? Therein lies the problem.

No one. That's the beauty of it.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   

professional cheerleaders should be paid well for the work they do. they have to exercise daily, remain on a strict diet, memorize routines, and attend functions as representatives of their organization. add to the monetary compensation a health benefit package and tuition reimbursement program.

prostitution should be legal and regulated. brothels should offer medical insurance as well as other benefits any other employer would offer their employees.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: subfab

If wishes were horses we could all get a ride.....

There is sufficient supply for pro cheerleaders that they fill the ranks + now without having to pay hardly anything. There are "benefits" to the cheerleaders that more than make up for the lack of pay.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

THIS.
Toddlers and Tiaras makes me want to barf. Same thing with Dance Moms or whatever.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I agree... and so much of the dance routines etc seem to be sexualizing these innocent kids..

BTW, I am a card carrying member of AOD, Organization of American Dyslexics.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

I agree... and so much of the dance routines etc seem to be sexualizing these innocent kids..

BTW, I am a card carrying member of AOD, Organization of American Dyslexics.

That's so true.
www.youtube.com...
In that video, the girl dancing is from Dance Moms. So many people threw a fit about the video because of her nude leotard, making her look like she's wearing nothing. And some of her moves are a bit adult for a child.

Other people said that those who disagreed with the video were sick because they were oversexualizing a child. My opinion? You can't oversexualize something that's already being sexualized.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Just curious, the majority here appears to think that cheerleading is okay.

What do you all think about prostitution?

I am fine with prostitution honestly. It is never going to go away you may as well legalize, regulate, license and tax it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join