It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bigger the Lie..Media Bias on Scottish Independence

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
When we tryed to do the same thing here in Canada they used the same tactic and sadly it worked they put fear in old generation and new comer in this country rigged the vote etc and we are here 20 years later still in the Canada....

edit on 14-9-2014 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: helldiver
a reply to: alldaylong

Aye fair enough but you don't see Wings on the tv or on the newstands. Agreed?

Dont listen to this Guy...Go to Any Yes Shop or stand and you will freely pick up your WEE BLUE BOOK. A Wings over Scotland Publication... More lies from the NAW Camp.

Yeah i was editing that post as you typed this. I was thinking, in my response to alldaylong, that Wings is not in peoples faces all day long.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
It seems to me that the BBC position is that an independent Scotland couldn't support itself. If that's the case, why would they support keeping Scotland in the Union? Wouldn't it make for a stronger Union to let those "parasites" go?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
It seems to me that the BBC position is that an independent Scotland couldn't support itself. If that's the case, why would they support keeping Scotland in the Union? Wouldn't it make for a stronger Union to let those "parasites" go?

Aye it's a strange one that eh?!

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

No, you are correct, the information that is reported to the public is heavily distorted and the information is inaccurate.

Do you have any specific examples? Bear in mind that the written media - i.e. newspapers have supporters on both sides. Also that the "controlled" websites of the "yes", "no" and the of the Scottish government are highly distorted.

Regards

Believe i've posted enough information for you to get your teeth into for one day if you care to watch the videos....tomorrow is another, been at this all day and i'm pretty tired to say the least. as for the written media. One paper in Scotland has came out in favour of independence, The Independent...32 others are pro Union. to suggest they, the Tabloid press have supporters on both sides is something that we are about to see change in a very big way.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

Once the Oil and Gas has run out they will hold a referendum in England to drop us like a hot spud.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Once the Oil and Gas has run out they will hold a referendum in England to drop us like a hot spud.

What on earth makes you think that?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dolby_X
When we tryed to do the same thing here in Canada they used the same tactic and sadly it worked they put fear in old generation and new comer in this country rigged the vote etc and we are here 20 years later still in the Canada....

I'll get back to you in short while, interesting. Need to head out, but i would like to here how people still react to what happened in the Quebec vote for Independence.

Cheers for your input.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Agreed.

However " Wings Over Scotland " has 20,000 Twitter followers and 600,000 readers each month.

Those who live in glass houses etc.

That wasn't my point (dont get why its glass houses though?).

My point was that the average person in the UK isn't subjected to Wings to the same degree. Wings isnt on my tv and radio and in my newspaper all bleedin' day.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Agreed.

However " Wings Over Scotland " has 20,000 Twitter followers and 600,000 readers each month.

Those who live in glass houses etc.

That wasn't my point (dont get why its glass houses though?).

My point was that the average person in the UK isn't subjected to Wings to the same degree. Wings isnt on my tv and radio and in my newspaper all bleedin' day.

In the U.S. more people get their news on line more than any other media. The U.K. is catching up fast. Therefor the comment about " Wings Over Scotland " is more than relevant. 600,000 readers per month is no small number.

As for the comment " Glass Houses " The " Yes " campaign shout foul over bias reporting by the "Better Together " supporters. " Wings Over Scotland " of course doesn't use bias reporting does it LOL

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Believe i've posted enough information for you to get your teeth into for one day if you care to watch the videos....

Instead of posting videos from other people who have opinions. Do you have any examples of BBC bias? Have you experienced bias?

Edit to add whether it is the fact the BBC pose difficult questions or (in opinion) point out that there are unanswered questions - like the currency.

Regards
edit on 14/9/2014 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

What on earth makes you think that?

Historical fact, Once Westminster is done with a countries resources they cast them aside.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Believe i've posted enough information for you to get your teeth into for one day if you care to watch the videos....

Instead of posting videos from other people who have opinions. Do you have any examples of BBC bias? Have you experienced bias?

Regards

Yeah, i have posted a few examples here. go look or better still google it. "BBC Bias" copy and paste.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Edit to add whether it is the fact the BBC pose difficult questions or (in opinion) point out that there are unanswered questions - like the currency.

Regards

Here, watch this. The BBC is your enemy, not just Scotland's.

In Fact have a wee scroll down this page..
www.youtube.com...

edit on 14-9-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Yeah, i have posted a few examples here. go look or better still google it. "BBC Bias" copy and paste.

I have done so, but all there is (apart from RT.com) is the BBC reporting that the "Yes "camp are accusing them of bias and (er) various "Yes" groups doing the same.

There seems to be two things going on here.

1. The "Yes" are hitting out at the BBC for asking uncomfortable questions, and/or
2. The "Yes" camp are lining up the excuses that they could have won / done better if the BBC did not report!

Like I said. Do you have a specific issue of bias that you have personally noticed, or are you just believing Youtube?

Regards

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Russia Today? Vladimir "The West is stinky!!!" Putin's mouthpiece? Oh come off it. And as for your post about Westminster casting aside countries once they are dome with the resources of a country, that is total rubbish. Name one verifiable example.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I have done so, but all there is (apart from RT.com) is the BBC reporting that the "Yes "camp are accusing them of bias and (er) various "Yes" groups doing the same.

Explain this YES group then..

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Russia Today? Vladimir "The West is stinky!!!" Putin's mouthpiece? Oh come off it. And as for your post about Westminster casting aside countries once they are dome with the resources of a country, that is total rubbish. Name one verifiable example.

Russia Today now being quoted. He is getting desperate.

On a more worrying note, it looks like vote rigging is taking place. Labour have made an official complaint.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
And this one...

is it just me or are you deliberately trying hard not to find this stuff.?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Right. So daring to point out that the 'Yes' camp left a few things out is a crime now? Just as the 'No' camp might be a tad pessimistic. I suspect that you don't really understand the way that the media works. Take it from me. I know.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join