It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bigger the Lie..Media Bias on Scottish Independence

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe
Cheers Man...People need to wake the #*@" up in this country.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I will be voting NO.

I can't see how people could be so stupid as to vote yes, when they don't know what currency they will get or any other details.

All of us will be poorer in the event of a yes vote especially the citizens of Scotland.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Uncertainty
I will be voting NO.

I can't see how people could be so stupid as to vote yes, when they don't know what currency they will get or any other details.

All of us will be poorer in the event of a yes vote especially the citizens of Scotland.

If you care to look all the information is already out there.

And you believe staying part of a country that is on the verge on defaulting on it's debt is a better idea.?
Trust me, if we remain part of this Union the only thing that will be better together will be the cheeks of your arse..prepare to be ridden like a thoroughbred at Ascot if we remain part of this sinking ship that is the Union.
edit on 14-9-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Uncertainty

There's a lot more to life than the private bankers funny money.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Uncertainty
I will be voting NO.

You've changed your tune to one of hypocrisy. Your words from another thread:

Really?

I got a warning from the moderators on this forum for asking a question! No abusive language, nothing offesive, no violation of the terms & conditions, just for asking a question!

With the modern internet, we have more knowledge at our fingertips than any other human being in the history of our planet. Although that information can be dangerous if the person writing it has thier own agenda, be it political or theological. Many times we can find ourselves on one side of the argument only to open up debate and have our opinions changed by reasonable, logical arguments.

In the modern world of communication, that is exactly what we should be doing, communicating! We are not so naive that we believe everything written on Wikipedia or every news story the main stream media tells us. The great thing about a community is the diversity of interests and expertise. We should be free to discuss it and debate it and each of us make our own minds up.

If some political discusions, for example, are moderated or censored, what makes this community diffrent from any other page that could come up on Google search?

Is it not the reason d'dietre of this very community to question what we've been told?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: helldiver
Nice catch.. lol

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
An Americans take on the Media Bias in the Independence debate..

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Of course, the FOR faction for Scottish independence is a paragon of unbiased commentary without a hint of bias and totally objective reporting.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Of course, the FOR faction for Scottish independence is a paragon of unbiased commentary without a hint of bias and totally objective reporting.

All we asking for is a 50/50 reporting, so far it's not even 10/90 and we need to go online for most of our information as it's a media blackout as far as the Yes Side is being reported.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
What sounds like Englishman point of view on Media Bias with regards to Scottish Independence..I know, they just keep coming.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Surely, with the BBC and the media being so bias against the "yes" camp, there is no accurate information? Or, is it that the blame game has already started. "We would have won if it were not for blah...".

Regards

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I found this Video, Can anyone confirm the source other than a Pro Yes post.??

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Good point.

Take a look at the political blog called " Wings Over Scotland"

news.stv.tv...

Even the " Yes " campaign has had to distance itself from it, and after reading the garbage it's producing i can understand why.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Surely, with the BBC and the media being so bias against the "yes" camp, there is no accurate information? Or, is it that the blame game has already started. "We would have won if it were not for blah...".

Regards

I think this, exactly as you say above, partly explains the recent surge in support for the Yes campaign.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Regards

No, you are correct, the information that is reported to the public is heavily distorted and the information is inaccurate. And it's Inaccurate for one reason...to keep the Union Together regardless of the consequences for the People of Scotland.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Aye fair enough but you don't see Wings on the tv or on the newstands. Agreed?

Just like to add that even though Wings seems to have gotten a bit radical of late, it's still got some good info.

edit on 14-9-2014 by helldiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Good point.

Take a look at the political blog called " Wings Over Scotland"

news.stv.tv...

Even the " Yes " campaign has had to distance itself from it, and after reading the garbage it's producing i can understand why.

BS...more spin from a pro unionist...The attention is in the detail, something you seem to have overlooked. over 40 people write for Wings over Scotland, but here you are sneakily implying to anyone who will listen that Ian Campbell is the sole contributor to wings over Scotland. nothing could be farther from the truth, but we have come to expect half truths from Pro Unionist Nawbags.
Yes Scotland has done nothing of the sort.

The Herald reports that Yes Scotland has now "distance[d] itself" from Campbell, instructing a local branch of the pro-independence campaign to stop distributing leaflets recommending Wings to members of the public.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

No, you are correct, the information that is reported to the public is heavily distorted and the information is inaccurate.

Do you have any specific examples? Bear in mind that the written media - i.e. newspapers have supporters on both sides. Also that the "controlled" websites of the "yes", "no" and the of the Scottish government are highly distorted.

Regards

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: helldiver

Dont listen to this Guy...Go to Any Yes Shop or stand and you will freely pick up your WEE BLUE BOOK. A Wings over Scotland Publication... More lies from the NAW Camp.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: helldiver

Agreed.

However " Wings Over Scotland " has 20,000 Twitter followers and 600,000 readers each month.

Those who live in glass houses etc.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join