It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PELOSI: Thinks Americans can't move to avoid paying taxes.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Merlynn
But then again there really isn't a law that says you have to file taxes so maybe some don't.

Try that for a few years and let me know how it works out.

edit on 17-9-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Merlynn

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Sure they can, but it is usually an irreversible path. I personally know someone who moved to Singapore, renounced their United States citizenship and pays no income taxes.

Well, that's if you want to avoid Federal taxes. And the way things are going these days, it's getting less and less advantageous to be an American citizen all the time.

I know lots of people working overseas to avoid taxes. No need to revoke citizenship if you make less than $97,000 a year. Only problem is you still have to file a return. But then again there really isn't a law that says you have to file taxes so maybe some don't.

Just thought of something, they probably still pay FICA

If you renounce citizenship do you take on the citizenship of a different country? Many countries won't let you. I'm thinking for passport reasons you would need some country.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Merlynn

You don't get automatic citizenship, it's something like a resident alien permission. After a certain length of time you can apply for a full citizenship in your new country.

<< 1   >>

join