It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where did the multiverse come from?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

Many worlds denies actual wave function collapse. You need a solid understanding of what that is first.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Not Authorized

Dear Not Authorized,

Thank you. I don't have such a solid understanding. Surprisingly, I don't think I really want one. Yes, I'm sure the hypothesis will lead to the discovery of something or other down the road, maybe teleportation or infinite energy, but I don't think humanity will change much with those discoveries. Will we become good, wise, selfless, helpful?

But, at least it keeps scientists happy doing something that's fun for them, and that's fine with me.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

Understandable. That too, is your choice.

There is no wrong answer to that want.... But, when you are ready to learn more, you know where to look. :-)

With love and respect,

PS.. always think happy thoughts... just in case. :-)
edit on 14-9-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952

Dear Not Authorized,

Thank you. I don't have such a solid understanding. Surprisingly, I don't think I really want one. Yes, I'm sure the hypothesis will lead to the discovery of something or other down the road, maybe teleportation or infinite energy, but I don't think humanity will change much with those discoveries. Will we become good, wise, selfless, helpful?

But, at least it keeps scientists happy doing something that's fun for them, and that's fine with me.

With respect,
Charles1952

Yes, Charles1952, perhaps, we are something different someplace else. This, too, is possible in the Many Worlds explanation of the multiverse. However, what we are here and now getting somewhere else might not be the best thing for somewhere else, if, in fact, it does exist….

Here's hoping it does, though, for the meaning of life,itself.
tetra

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Oh yeah, I remember hearing something about that. Brian Greene theorized that we could build a "gravity phone" to call the other universe and see if anyone answered.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

Yes, I am very familiar with Lee Stroble. He is a great speaker with plenty of useful insights. I've seen quite a few of his documentaries.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
my notion is that when there was nothingness, also known as the Vacuum (AKA: the Waters-of-the-Deep in spiritual terms)

that all manner of quanta and other building blocks of proto-energy & proto-matter were building up in the region that is opposite 'nothingness/Void/vacuum'...

then suddenly, as to reach a state of equilibrium...the Waters-of-the-Deep broke through into the vast expanse of the Void, the Vacuum...like a bursting Dam flooding the downstream landscapes everything is in Chaos until the rushing wall of water passes and after a time, Order & Laws and Physics become our physical universe

As all this 'something' that sprang into existence to counter 'nothingness' continued to stabilize...
we see the 10 or more Dimensions reveal themselves just as one sees the layers of an Onion

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: mikefougnie

It is only one endless big journey. Neither start nor end. Just infinity? And the humans happened to come to existence at one point, for an incredibly short and random period of time, and will go as fast as they came to be.

Humans cannot fathom infinity. Yet it is what is behind all. Humans need to compartimentalize everything so it is easier to perceive and understand. But because of this, they become very weak minded. And when something unpredicted or impossible happen, its denial. Logic is the limit and since all humans live by it, they doom themselve to a lesser perception and a harder and duller life.

It is fun to watch in retrospect. When a certain degree of mind is achieved, you can truly see that humans are nowhere. Just like ants going in all direction hoping to find the grail, when they fail to see that the reality they perceive is but a tiny pixel of a gigantic picture. The grail is not the pixel, but the picture.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
No human knows the answer to that question yet
The idea of a multiverse is also just a theory.. its not proven yet..
Perhaps 100 years from now, we will have the tools to prove the multiverse theory

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Watch some Family Guy videos on Youtube. Episode: Back to the Multiverse

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne
By definition, there can be no such thing as a multiverse. Universe is a term that encompasses all that is and all that ever will be. As soon as we find something "outside" of our Universe, that something becomes apart of the Universe. There will only ever be one universe.

And there has only ever been one Universe. The minds inability to grasp forever invites us to place boundaries. Part of that problem has been induced by the world in which we live.

It has a night and day, two horizons and a clock on the wall. Every TV show, movie or book has a beginning, a middle and an end.

Lets dispel all that. If you could stretch out your hand and keep stretching it past everything we know exists, it would keep on going , never encountering any barrier to block it.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

mikefougnie
Where did the multiverse come from?

TerryMcGuire
Silly mikefougnie, from the multimultiverse of course.

Yes. And it logically follows that it is multimulti(etc)verses "all the way down".

edit on 9/14/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: mikefougnie

We are trapped in an argument here - what happened "before" something happened, the answer is simple:

Nothing.

If you can accept this then in a way you are dismissing God, however, I'm sure that there are many things that did have creators, however, many other things that didn't.

edit on 20-9-2014 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join