It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tangled Manta Ray asks for diver's help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Divers were swimming off the coast of Costa Rica when a tangled manta ray appeared and seemingly sought their help to remove a fishing line. Divers quickly cut the ray free, and it apparently stayed with them for 30 minutes after the initial encounter.

edit on 13-9-2014 by daaskapital because: sp

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
Divers were swimming off the coast of Costa Rica when a tangled manta ray appeared and seemingly sought their help to remove a fishing line. Divers quickly cut the ray free, and it apparently stayed with them for 30 minutes after the initial encounter.

I think the word maybe have been passed on.

Divers have helped out our fellow Earthlings in situations like this before.

I hope the ones helped have shared the results of their unique encounters with the strange man creatures and that they are starting to learn that we all aren't completely bad, even if we are dangerous.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Wow that is awesome and strangely heartwarming...

Thanks for posting, S&F.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
That's just too warm and fuzzy. I love these clips, Fox with it's head stuck in a jar and another much like this one with an entangled dolphin...Great stuff. Thanks humanity

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

It's always refreshing to see videos of humans helping out other creatures when they are in distress. It would be nice to know if they had shared their experiences, but it is interesting to note that a lot of stuck animals do already approach humans for help. Not sure why. Maybe because we have hands?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
The behavior of marine animals is only unpredictable to us because we spend so little time under the ocean. If you have the time and (a considerable amount of) money, try some stationary diving on a reef. Don't go anywhere, just sit on the sand and watch. As the environment becomes accustomed to your presence ... I'm sure you'll be amazed at what you see.

Why do distressed animals in marine environments behave so differently than land dwellers?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Very brave guys/gals. That fish is huge. I'd have cacked myself.
Heroes indeed.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: supamoto
Very brave guys/gals. That fish is huge. I'd have cacked myself.
Heroes indeed.

After the Steve Irwin death I would have been really wary of that tail!

Wish we didn't have so much garbage out there that kills wildlife.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

top topics

join