It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The President & FLOTUS joined millions to Remember911 with service by assembling backpacks with @KaB

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

You give them too much credit for thought and planning, when it is the lack of thought or planning, or concern that should alarm you.

I'm sure they gave this no more thought than the iPod they gave the queen of England...

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

Let's assume it was deliberate. What is their goal? What purpose does it serve?

It's a standard political psy-ops.

It gets uninformed people to think and view 9/11 in a different (less anti-Muslim) way.

Par for the course.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

The usual anti-Obama rhetoric is quite ignorant.

While he is not the best president ever like his fanatics still believe, he certainly is NOT the worse president ever. Those who fall for the polarization facade are indeed ignorant.

edit on 13-9-2014 by jrod because: a

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Expose them, or prove them correct that some people will complain about anything if they disagree politically?

Seems that your goal to expose has provided them cover for their true goal.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

While he is not the best president ever like his fanatics still believe, he certainly is NOT the worse president ever. Those who fall for the polarization facade are indeed ignorant.

I say Obama could easily become *THE* worst President ever.

He's about 90% there already

link   

originally posted by: ausername

You give them too much credit for thought and planning, when it is the lack of thought or planning, or concern that should alarm you.

I'm sure they gave this no more thought than the iPod they gave the queen of England...

I don't think they are that stupid.

I honestly believe it is deliberate.

link   

originally posted by: jrod

NOT the worst eh?

He still has 2 years remaining to convince even you otherwise.

After the midterms, you are going to see a different Obama.

Hope your illusions aren't shattered too quickly.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It gets uninformed people to think and view 9/11 in a different (less anti-Muslim) way.

And how is putting together bags for kids doing that? What the **** does Islam have to do with this?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26
A twitter post. I know.
Not sure this forum is where this should be....and I honestly don't have a lot to say about it.
...I mean, could they be more obvious? Seriously?

twitter.com...

A phase of many psychological warfare operations includes the rubbing of salt in wounds be the destruction physical or ideological; implied or in the aftermath. Symbolically jeering at the victim with the deadpan authority of high officialdom is quite ingenious. That, or this was all done innocently but in poor taste. In this day and age I'd think twice before tweeting such a word, let alone wearing it around town on a backpack. Note the slogan on the banner (in the OP's linked pic): "Kaboom: it starts with a playground". Come now my good fellow Americans; that's neither mind bending nor in bad taste. Not at all.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

They aren't that stupid.
It was deliberate, you are correct.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AphoticJoe

You hit it on the head.

Rubbing salt in the wounds....exactly!
This is public mockery....

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

And how is putting together bags for kids doing that? What the **** does Islam have to do with this?

See.

It's working isn't it.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Expose them, or prove them correct that some people will complain about anything if they disagree politically?

Seems that your goal to expose has provided them cover for their true goal.

I'm not going to give them a pass on anything.

This is all about OFS (Obama-Fatigue-Syndrome)

Do enough stupid "little" things and there will be nothing left to talk about when the "big" stupid things occur.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
i saw this yesterday, and thought for sure it was impossible and would be debunked,

i believe they had to do this on purpose,,so hard for me to believe even they would sink this low, but they apparently did,

actually, it is wicked.
edit on 103030p://bSaturday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Only the anti-Obama crowd can turn charity work in to a 9/11 conspiracy.

*sigh*

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Yeah....if you say so. Because the reference isn't blatantly obvious. Because there are no other charity organizations helping besides "KaBoom"....sure thing. :/

Anything to bash those who see the obvious, aye?
But...I guess it is just "anti-Obama rhetoric"...

Those who see will see and those who don't will remain blinded to that which is right in front of their collective faces...

.....I really don't have anything else to say on the matter. It is merely public mockery.....there are MUCH more important things going on. I posted this because it caught my eye and I figured some here at ATS would be interested. I would have posted it no matter which prez it was that did this. I'm not "anti-Obama"....I'm anti-control apparatus. So....

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

*sigh*

Looks like Obama and the advisory staff did pretty good this time.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

*sigh*

But it isn't just "anti-Obama".

Imagine if McCain or Palin or and GOP member did the same thing.

Then it'd be all over the media.

The usual crowd baying "insensitive"!

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I agree Beez. But you wouldn't catch me joining the anti-Republican bandwagon over something like this and I'd still be calling-out those that tried to make this in to something it is not.

You guys are the "right-wing" version of "The usual crowd baying "insensitive"" on the left. The cries of insensitivity towards the people that died on 9/11, claims that it is a phsy-op and that Obama is doing this on purpose to mock........it's the same thing the Left would say, except we've injected a bit on tin-foil in to it.

If you want to be better and rise above the garbage of the Left, why do you (not just you, Beez) employ the same ineffective tactics and whine about EVERYTHING the other side does?

So you guys can keep doing what your doing, but just recognize that some of us can see that you guys are just as disingenuous and whiny as those bleeding-heart liberals on the left.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Wait, we're being all PC now? I thought being PC was silly?

This organization has a history of working closely with several political organizations.

KaBOOM! volunteers have worked closely with presidential administrations to serve domestic relief and education programs. In January 2006, then First Lady Laura Bush gave dedication address for a KaBOOM! playground built at the Hancock North Central Elementary School in Kiln, Mississippi. The project was commissioned after the Hurricane Katrina catastrophe that hit the Gulf Coast region of the United States.[13]

In June 2009, KaBOOM! volunteers worked with United States First Lady Michelle Obama and California First Lady Maria Shriver to build a playground in San Francisco. The playground construction was commissioned under the Obama Administration's summer "United We Serve" initiative.[14]

In 2011, First Lady Michelle Obama inaugurated KaBOOM!'s 2000th playground, in Washington, D.C to commemorate the organization's 15th year anniversary.[15]

en.wikipedia.org...!_(non-profit_organization)

Why did they name themselves a dumb name like KaBoom!? I have no idea, but they were around way before the Obama administration. Why don't we look at what they do rather then what they are called. This is just silly.

<< 1    3 >>

join